Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 12:22   #721
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Thank you Shipnil, adisan. Someday I shall try for the 'Seva'. Its indeed the Archanantara Darsanam. I have some great memories of those very peaceful times up there, very early.......
TTD has discontinued the AAD in 2016 when they introduced the SED. AAD was one darshan where you were assured to go inside past the Jaya Vijaya statues and have the darshan of the Lord in full glory.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 08:22   #722
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I had a quick run and back yesterday. My darshan slot was at 11 am. Was at Kanakpura road NICE junction at 5.30 am. Stopped at ‘Hotel Swati’ for breakfast. The washrooms were good. That’s about it. Even the idly and dosa were sour. I won’t go there again.

We joined the queue at 10.45 am. The crowds/queue were at pre pandemic levels. When people start using your back to rest their fingers and palms, you know it’s going it’s going to be a tough 2 hours. Thankfully, we finished darshan and were out at 12 noon. This might not be the case from 1st April on, because I hear they are restarting the ‘Senior Citizens’ queue and that is generally from 11.30 am. So, this would increase the normal SED by another hour atleast.

Return was quite peaceful till Hoskote. Traffic builds after that and crossing the ORR at peak times meant that we took almost 6 hours in our return

Note: Mulabagilu traffic police start work early. I saw two speed interceptors active at 745 am.

The Chitoor-Tirupati roads have over head cameras/sensors fixed, one for each lane. It displays speed. I have to check online for any challans. This was the one road where I pushed my Audi a bit only to see speeds displayed.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2022 at 18:10. Reason: Error rectified
jkrishnakj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:07   #723
BHPian

As mentioned earlier I went to Tirupati on 2nd April, Saturday and came back the same day. Left KR Puram, Bangalore at 5.30 AM and after a decent breakfast at Woody's reached Tirumala at 10 AM. Straightaway went to Kalyana Katta and the head tonsure of my daughter was done by 11.30 AM.
Thankfully, they allowed us inside for Special Darshan even though our slot was at 8 PM. There was heavy rush, push and shove but we still got the Darshan by 2 PM and we were out after paying our respects, collecting Laddoos and cellphones by 3.30 PM. As it was quiet hot, and we had not booked any accommodation, so We thought it is better to head back home. We left, took 2 breaks in between (had an okay lunch at Happy Dhaba , Tirupati and Evening tea and french fries at RK Family after Kolar) and reached our Bangalore home by 9 PM.

The roads have improved by a lot and that has made it possible for the to and fro journey to be done safely in one day. .

Last edited by InControl : 4th April 2022 at 13:10.
InControl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:42   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
we were out after paying our respects, collecting Laddoos
What is the laddoo prasad policy nowadays? Pre-pandemic, there was limited additional laddoos you could buy that too only if the rush is less. During pandemic, since the number of people visiting was restricted, there was no restriction on how many laddoos you are allowed to buy at the counter.

Now that all the restrictions are more or less removed, are they allowing to buy any number of additional laddoos?
Old 4th April 2022, 14:47   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after a decent breakfast at Woody's reached Tirumala at 10 AM.
Google link pls if you can share. How is the quality?
Quote:
Thankfully, they allowed us inside for Special Darshan even though our slot was at 8 PM.
Do they allow this or you were plain lucky?
Quote:
collecting Laddoos and cellphones by 3.30 PM.
How far is this from the Sheegra Darshan entry point?
Where did you park your car all this time?
Old 4th April 2022, 19:16   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
What is the laddoo prasad policy nowadays? Pre-pandemic, there was limited additional laddoos you could buy that too only if the rush is less. During pandemic, since the number of people visiting was restricted, there was no restriction on how many laddoos you are allowed to buy at the counter.

Now that all the restrictions are more or less removed, are they allowing to buy any number of additional laddoos?
People were buying additional laddoos for an extra 100 rs(big laddoos for 200 rupees each i think). The guy ahead of me in the queue would have bought 20 laddoos atleast(a big bag full) so I think as many as you can buy.

The laddoo bags being sold in the same counter were each 15 rupees of good starched cloth quality. The cheaper bags were being sold in a separate queue which I did not go to as it was very hot and the queue was quite long.

We were a family of 4 adults and one kid, so we got 4 free big laddoos which was enough for us. Also, you get one small laddoo free right after darshan in the temple itself as prasadam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Google link pls if you can share. How is the quality?
https://goo.gl/maps/BcJyFLxf8wKThHMUA

Around 76 kms from our home in K R Puram. You will have to take a U turn as it is on the other side of the highway. Its a beautiful place, looks very similar to the Lalbagh Glass house and is very popular with the biking groups. The quality, taste and service was top notch. A wee bit pricier than the regular kamat's though.

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-img20220404wa0056.jpg

Quote:
Do they allow this or you were plain lucky?
Couple of my friends had said that they would allow as we were travelling with a kid so we can push our luck. We didn't had to plead much, we just requested and they allowed us.
I know for a fact that they definitely allow you inside couple of hours earlier. To get in 8.5 hours earlier than our timeslot, I guess we were lucky

Quote:
How far is this from the Sheegra Darshan entry point?
The Laddoos collection point is just after exiting the temple post darshan, say 200 metres. Even the Mobile phone collection point would be walkable distance from the temple exit, say 350 metres

Quote:
Where did you park your car all this time?
Right outside the Kalyan Katta centre, there is a guesthouse called Sankhumitta rest house, took a pic just in case. This as well was very near from the temple exit so it was easy to go to after our Darshan.
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-img20220404wa0050.jpg

All in all, we were a bit tensed as we knew that it would be hotter than Bangalore and we had not booked any accommodation. But all went well, we couldn't have asked for more.
InControl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 22:07   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

The limit per person for laddus is removed now. You can buy as much as you want. Also, the system of a separate building to issue tickets & separate building to collect laddus is also done away with. Payment & collection of laddus is at the same counter now. Also, the big laddu which was given only for Kalyanotsavam ticket holders is also available now for Rs.200 each. Vada is also available now upon payment.

Quote:
Thankfully, they allowed us inside for Special Darshan even though our slot was at 8 PM. There was heavy rush, push and shove but we still got the Darshan by 2 PM
They are not controlling the people entering the Q based on the timings mentioned on the ticket. This is one of the reason for having a huge crowd trying to push each other all the way. I think if the entry is allowed based on the timing you have booked, it can be managed well & people can have a stress free darshan.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th April 2022 at 22:19. Reason: Back to Back posts
prabhusati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 11:39   #728
Senior - BHPian

As others have pointed out, the pushing and shoving in the darshan queue is back.

There were times in the past couple of years when the total time spent between entering VQC and exiting the temple was 15 minutes. This time it took 15 minutes just to exit from near the Hundi to the Dwajasthambam.

Quote:
‘Lungi’ by its South Indian definition isn’t allowed.
Happened to see a man clad in a blue checkered lungi in the queue. He was in the Sarva Darshan group, and was not stopped anywhere.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2022 at 05:52. Reason: As requested
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:29   #729
Senior - BHPian

Due to some real unavoidable circumstances, I have to cancel my Tirupati visit scheduled for tomorrow. Any idea what happens to the Shreegra Darshan bookings? Can i cancel it coz I cant see any option on the official website to do so? Does this mean I lose the money? I have already cancelled my hotel bookings and getting full refund.

Its a pity that my times to visit the lord hasnt yet come.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:57   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can i cancel it coz I cant see any option on the official website to do so? Does this mean I lose the money
There is no provision to cancel nor reschedule SED tickets. Hope your time to have darshan of Lord Balaji comes soon.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 11:05   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to some real unavoidable circumstances, I have to cancel my Tirupati visit scheduled for tomorrow. Any idea what happens to the Shreegra Darshan bookings? Can i cancel it coz I cant see any option on the official website to do so? Does this mean I lose the money? I have already cancelled my hotel bookings and getting full refund.

Its a pity that my times to visit the lord hasnt yet come.
Sorry to hear that. Seems you have not yet got appointment from lord . Once again proven that, we can't go to Tirumala and see the lord, unless he is willing to see you.

You can't cancel or reschedule the darshan tickets and you won't get any money back. Pray and try again when next opportunity comes. Hope you get appointment from lord then - i didn't mean booking the tickets alone.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 12:14   #732
BHPian

Guidance for accommodation at Tirumala and carrying Infant

I have booked SED tickets for Saturday evening slot but failed to get accommodation as it got completely booked.

Is their any private hotel in Tirumala which I can book for a short overnight stay?

We are also carrying 6 months old infant with us but after seeing the recent posts of heavy crowd, need some guidance whether carrying Infants are advisable considering the crowd and exposure to Covid.

Is it advisable to keep the infant out from the crowd?
Old 7th April 2022, 12:44   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post

Is their any private hotel in Tirumala which I can book for a short overnight stay?

We are also carrying 6 months old infant with us
No private hotels in Tirumala. You can stay in Tirupati.

There used to be separate queue/entrance for couples with an infant, but the queue ultimately used to merge with main queue. You did not need SED if traveling with infants.

Lot of people take Darshan with infants. I too had taken Darshan while my son was 9 month old. But luckily I had got tickets to Nijpada Darsanam which sees less crowds early in the morning.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:05   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it advisable to keep the infant out from the crowd?
There are no hotels or lodges in Tirumala, but there are ashrams which allow people to stay. I think a list of such ashrams was shared in this thread earlier, even a Google search for Tirumala ashrams will help. With most of them you would have to call for checking availability. One property which has option for online booking: https://www.karnatakaone.gov.in/Info.../VyasarajaMatt

Being a Saturday more crowds are likely, and pushing and shoving can be expected until you exit the main temple after darshan.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:06   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked SED tickets for Saturday evening slot but failed to get accommodation as it got completely booked.

I dont think there are any private hotel in Tirumala, all the accommodations in Tirumala are controlled by TTD.

You an try for a hotel in Tirupati and travel to Tirumala for the darshan and back to hotel. Try for accommodation in Srinivasan complex or Madhavaram guest house.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks