Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 15:45   #31
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Hampi : Route Queries

Bumping up this thread.

What is the best route between Pune and Hampi now that Pune Solapur is nearly 4-laned?
Old 21st October 2013, 19:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Bumping up this thread.

What is the best route between Pune and Hampi now that Pune Solapur is nearly 4-laned?
I think facilities on Pune-Solapur-Bijapur sector are too few. I would still go for Pune-Hubli-Hampi option.

Hubli-Hospet road as per last what I knew is quite good 2-lane.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th November 2013 at 14:00.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 19:43   #33
BHPian

I went to Hampi from Mumbai on 2nd Nov 2013 and came back on 5th. Testify for the excellent road throughout Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Hospet.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 21:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I went to Hampi from Mumbai on 2nd Nov 2013 and came back on 5th. Testify for the excellent road throughout Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Hospet.
Hi can you please send details of the road conditions between hubli , hospet and onwards to hampi. Never done that route before. Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 22:46   #35
BHPian

@Animesh, thank you for the update. We are planning this drive in late December. Can any member also please post an update on the Hospet - Sandur section. We are planning to put up there after Fauji's excellent travelogue.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi can you please send details of the road conditions between hubli , hospet and onwards to hampi. Never done that route before. Thanks
This is the Google Maps link to the route I took from Bombay to Hospet. http://goo.gl/eu8SjB

The idea is to bypass Hubli-Dharwad region and enter New Hubli only just to continue on to NH63 towards Hospet. So stay on NH4 all the way till Gabbur and then take left towards on NH73. This will take you to Kittur-Rani Chenamma Circle.Take NH63 from here (Hubli Gadag Road) and continue all the way to Hospet. Hampi is just 10 kms or so from Hospet.Mumbai - Hampi : Route Queries-4-bypass-hubli-city-towards-hospethampi.jpg
Old 12th September 2014, 19:07   #37
BHPian

Need latest road information on the Pune-Hampi route

Hi,
I am planning to drive to Hampi (staying at Hospet). Planning to start from Pune early morning and aim reach Hospet by evening.

Can someone please let me know the best route to take. Google shows me two routes. The first is via Solapur and Bijapur, while the second is via NH4 - Kolhapur and Hubli.

Which route would you recommend, now that we are almost at the end of monsoons. Preference will be for good roads, speedy travel and decent food options enroute.

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Take the route via Sholapur and Bijapur, from Bijapur almost upto Hospet road is good.
Old 12th September 2014, 20:10   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Which route would you recommend, now that we are almost at the end of monsoons. Preference will be for good roads, speedy travel and decent food options enroute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Take the route via Sholapur and Bijapur, from Bijapur almost upto Hospet road is good.
I would say it would much better to take Bangalore 4-lane till Hubli and then the NH63 to Hospet. Distance wise its almost the same but the commute would be much faster. You also get more facilities on the way. For getting to the Hospet road from Hubli/Dharwad, be on the Dharwad bypass and get into Hubli town where you see the Ankola exit. Thats the NH63 (Hospet-Hubli-Ankola road) itself.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 15:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say it would much better to take Bangalore 4-lane till Hubli and then the NH63 to Hospet.
Thanks Ampere and deehunk.

I have driven till Belgaum and yes the NH4 is excellent to drive on. How about the NH63 from Hubli? I guess this will be a two lane road; is this in a good condition post monsoon?

Lastly, has the roadworks on the Pune Solapur route completed now? Is it 4 laned all the way from Pune to Solapur?

If the Solapur road is now completed, then maybe I can take one route to go and the other to return. That will give a change of scenery and an opportunity to see a few more places enroute.

Last edited by ptushar : 13th September 2014 at 15:28. Reason: Forgot something
Old 13th September 2014, 18:12   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere and deehunk.

I have driven till Belgaum and yes the NH4 is excellent to drive on. How about the NH63 from Hubli? I guess this will be a two lane road; is this in a good condition post monsoon?
Hubli Hospet is quite good. Nothing to worry there.

On the Pune Solapur more than the road conditions I am also not sure about how goods the facilities are. I would say stick to NH4 both ways.
Old 15th September 2014, 08:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hubli Hospet is quite good.
I would say stick to NH4 both ways.
Thank you Ampere. So I shall stick to the NH4 both ways, unless Badami, Aihole and Bijapur get added to the itinerary.
As of now no such plans; however if we are able to leave really early from Pune then I can have an option to deviate from Belgaum to Badami & Aihole and then join the NH13 Mangalore-Solapur highway to reach Hospet late in the evening. But that will strictly depend on what time we are able to leave Pune and what time we are able to reach Belgaum.

Once again, thank you for your help.
Old 15th September 2014, 08:57   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Ampere. So I shall stick to the NH4 both ways, unless Badami, Aihole and Bijapur get added to the itinerary.
Even then I would say it has to be NH4!

Pune-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Gokak-Yergatti-Badami.

Badami-Bagalkot-Bijapur.

I am still not sure about the Pune-Solapur 4-lane conditions. Once it gets done, that should bethe default route.

Now already Bijapur-Hospet (NH13) is 4-lane. But the problem is that there are absolutely no facilities on this route.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Pune-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Gokak-Yergatti-Badami.

Badami-Bagalkot-Bijapur.
This route makes sense. Now to plan the rest of the stuff for the trip. And hopefully we will get up early so that I can add Badami and Aihole as well enroute to Hampi.

Thank you Ampere, appreciate your help.
Old 7th November 2014, 19:51   #45
BHPian

Hi need inputs on What is the best route for bellary to hubli!! Also any updates on bellary Anantapur route would be of help. Is bellary hubli belgaum the best way to go to belgaum from bellary!!

Any updates on bellary bypass if you are coming from Anantapur would be of help.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks