Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 08:39   #316
BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Did Pune to Indore (via Nashik) on 14th January, and back to Pune on 16th January.

The road was awesome. The only constraint was the speed gun vehicles between Pune and Dhule.

Maintaining speed of 80-90 kmph, reached Indore in 10 hrs (including two breaks of 30 min each).

While coming back, it took 10.5 hrs (including three breaks of 20-30 min).

There was no check post for COVID anywhere.

The mileage was 17.5 km for the Rapid Petrol AT.
JitendraK78 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:10   #317
BHPian

Did a road trip to Omkareshwar/Ujjain/Indore and came back yesterday. As per earlier posts, roads are good throughout. However, lots of speed breakers at almost every junction from Nasik onwards. Patch between Malegaon and MH/MP border is patchy. Lots of undulations. One should be watchful of mobile speed cams between Nasik and Malegaon. They use TUV and Scorpio as speed cam vehicles, not Ertiga.
abhi_tjet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:43   #318
PAS
BHPian

Had Driven Pune->Ujjain-Omkareshwar:-Pune in Last week of June. Few Updates from this Drive:
Pune -> Sinnar : Excellent road all the way, No Fuss. Traffic between Nashik Phata and Chakan and further till Manchar as usual was a pain
Sinnar -> Chandwad : Mix of various surfaces, few bad patches nothing really worst. with few patches of excellent surface on State highways.
Chandwad -> Dhule : Excellent Roads but speed breakers are real pain in (You guessed it). Expect them to pop up every few KM's. These are more of rumble strips with quite good heights so traversing them is no joke and sure suspension breakers.
Dhule -> Indore : Nothing significant to report, quite good surface with few patches of not so good surface.
Indore -> Ujjain : road condition is Good to Very Good.

Ujjain -> Omkareshwar : Followed Google Maps and took a exit from Ujjain - Indore Highway traversing through some villages for few KM's It had rained heavily the previous day. Had to do some off roading and water wading rest was All good till Mirjapur cross. Thats where the road joins SH 27 (Indore -> Ujjain). This road has many literally many patches done with paver blocks and temporary fillings. This saga of patches continues till almost Omkareshwar Railway station a few KM before Omkareshwar town.
The sheer number of accidents and breakdowns in this patch was phenomenal especially around the ghat roads with almost all of them being oversized trucks.

The return leg was Omkareshwar->Maheshwar->Chandwad->Sinnar->Pune. The roads from Omkareshwar till MH Border were all good but soon the after nearing border the roads had turned gravelly till Dhule(the rains previous day seemed to have the effect ). Sinnar -> Pune was frustrating with mad weekend rush returning to Pune.

PS : I was expecting the NH to be having choc o block truck traffic but was pleasantly suprised with sparce truck traffic. Most of the trucks seemed to carry the Onion load after Chandwad.
PAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:36   #319
BHPian

I had done this section taking the Nagar- Manmad -Dhule route couple of years back. There were a few bad patches after shirdi and rest was all good, especially the NH post Manmad. Is the Nashik route preferred these days? Is this route better?
Old 9th September 2022, 12:32   #320

Did Pune-Indore and back in August. Roads from Pune to Nashik are OK for the most part but take care of the potholes. They are almost like craters, you won't see them appearing till the last moment. I was plain lucky to miss most of them.
Nashik to Dhule is good as long as you take care of the rumbler strips and speed breakers. Dhule onwards is excellent.

Watch out for speed cameras as you exit Nashik. I got tagged once unnecessarily in a 65 limit doing 80. .

Sai Car family dhaba after Malegaon towards Indore is a good place for Lunch. So is Orchid at Dhule. Other than these very few decent food stops on the route.
suniltheone is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 19:33   #321
BHPian

Planning to travel to Indore around Diwali. Can anybody update here how's the road condition? I am a bit worried about the Sinnar-Chandwad section, since it's not a 4 lane highway.
Old 30th October 2022, 09:24   #322
BHPian

Happy Diwali Friends!

I did a trip from Indore to Pune, via Nashik, on 29th October 2022. Here is a brief update on the road conditions, for your reference -

1. Indore to Nashik - mostly great surface all around. 2 lanes per side. MP has better surface than Maharashtra. Traffic is fine. 80kmph + is easily possible. There is a section between Dhule and Malegaon which is under maintenance, hence traffic from both sides is diverted to one side. You will find instances where a truck travelling at 45kmph is trying to overtake another truck travelling at 46kmph.

2. Nashik to Pune - large craters at regular intervals. anything above 60kmph is quickly broken down by bad road surface. Some portion is single lane. Some villages on the road will result in traffic jams. The famous Chakan signals are always there to bring down your average speed to 30kmph.

We stopped at Sai Car Dhaba after Dhule, and Vitthal Kamat.

Last edited by sidoza : 30th October 2022 at 09:27. Reason: added more information about number of lanes
sidoza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 23:52   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniltheone View Post
Did Pune-Indore and back in August. Roads from Pune to Nashik are OK for the most part but take care of the potholes.
Nashik to Dhule is good as long as you take care of the rumbler strips and speed breakers. Dhule onwards is excellent.
--
Sai Car family dhaba after Malegaon towards Indore is a good place for Lunch. So is Orchid at Dhule. Other than these very few decent food stops on the route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoza View Post
I did a trip from Indore to Pune, via Nashik, on 29th October 2022. Here is a brief update on the road conditions, for your reference -
--
We stopped at Sai Car Dhaba after Dhule, and Vitthal Kamat.
I have a Pune - Indore (onwards to Bhopal) trip coming up. Seeing that almost everyone is recommending the Pune - Nashik - Indore/Bhopal route these days.

Is the Pune - Ahmednagar - Indore route not recommended at all?
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:29   #324
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys - checking for any latest updates on the Pune-Indore route - is Pune-Nashik-Indore recommended over Pune-Ahmednagar-Indore?
Old 27th December 2022, 01:18   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hi guys - checking for any latest updates on the Pune-Indore route - is Pune-Nashik-Indore recommended over Pune-Ahmednagar-Indore?
So, how was the trip? Any update on road conditions.

Or the usual route to follow is good i.e. Pune / Nashik Road - Indore.
Old 30th December 2022, 19:09   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
So, how was the trip? Any update on road conditions.

Or the usual route to follow is good i.e. Pune / Nashik Road - Indore.
This was the first time I was taking this route. My usual route till date was via Ahmednagar, and hence I was tentative at some intersections.

Overall road conditions were decent, except for couple of places near & after Sinnar. And ofcourse, the usual / fatal speed breakers will kill all joy on MH-side of the national highway. On the MP-side, roads are very good.

As per GMaps, the route that I could plot was Pune > Sinnar > Malegaon > ...onwards per this below screenshot:-

Pune - Indore : Route Queries-pune-bpl-route.png

But due to diversions and roadworks near Sinnar, I somehow went towards Kopargaon (following the major arterial NH 160) and took a roundabout route to go back towards Malegaon. Here's the diverted route that I ended up with:-

Pune - Indore : Route Queries-screenshot-20221230-190552.png

And because of this (mis)adventure, I ended up losing a good 45 min or so.
In the return trip, I will stick to the Bhopal > Nashik bypass > Sinnar > Pune.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 07:04   #327
BHPian

Team,

I am planning Pune to Indore at the end of aug and want to know the latest road condition. I will halt in nashik and will start early morning from nashik. Any good restaurants on nashik indore route? Any update on speed guns?
Old 1st September 2023, 16:02   #328
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Has anyone done the Pune to Indore route recently? Going from Pune to Nashik and then Indore was advised. Any inputs are appreciated especially on the road conditions and break options available.
Old 4th October 2023, 11:40   #329
BHPian

Dear Team,
I need to travel to Indore from Pune on 6th Oct by car.

I choose a route as Pune -> Sinnar -> Manjargaon -> Chandwad -> Malegaon -> Dhule -> Indore..

can someone pl confirm whether the road condition is good after this rainy season?

This is my first time to travel on this route.

Also, want to explore another route while coming back.. pl, suggest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hello Guys,

Has anyone done the Pune to Indore route recently? Going from Pune to Nashik and then Indore was advised. Any inputs are appreciated especially on the road conditions and break options available.
Hey devyaaniverma,

How was your trip? I guess I am following the same route as yours. pl, comment if possible.
Old 25th October 2023, 22:31   #330
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to go to Indore early November, and route we are thinking of taking is:
Kharadi , Pune -> Sangamner -> Malegaon -> Dhule -> Indore.

We want to take a night halt in between somewhere in between, Thinking of Malegaon or Dhule, Please suggest good hotels for night stay at these 2 places.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks