Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 01:08   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Avinash, Trimbakeshwar AFAIK is somewhere near Nasik/ in Nasik. Would be 300+ kms frm Mahaby. Why don't you try Bhandardara, another hill station close to Nasik? You can try a vineyard visit at Sula, with a tasting session at Nasik and then on to B'dara.
Anurag, looks like you have an eye on this thread all the time. Good idea, let me dig up some info on Bhandardar, how far is it btw? i dont want to drive all the time during the long weekend
Old 18th September 2009, 09:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ashish, now even i am driven and may take off on the Oct 2nd weekend.
If Maharastra, then probably another trip to Mahby, I was wondering if Triambakeshwar (Jyotirling) is close to Mahby, can i visit both during that long weekend?
Quote:
Avinash, Trimbakeshwar AFAIK is somewhere near Nasik/ in Nasik. Would be 300+ kms frm Mahaby. Why don't you try Bhandardara, another hill station close to Nasik? You can try a vineyard visit at Sula, with a tasting session at Nasik and then on to B'dara.
Quote:
let me dig up some info on Bhandardar, how far is it btw? i dont want to drive all the time during the long weekend
@avinash,
yeah, mahaby and trimbak are separated by @350km.
anurag's suggestion is good.
bhandardara and trimbak can go hand in hand.
concern is about driving those long dist.
do you really want to drive those long dist on week end?
bhandaradara is @50 km away from sangamner on pune nasik highway.
trimbak is @ 30 away from nasik.
if you do not want to travel those long dist, i have one more suggestion for you.
should i post.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@avinash,
if you do not want to travel those long dist, i have one more suggestion for you.
should i post.
Well, it can't be anything other than Goa!!
Old 18th September 2009, 10:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

konkan is more beautiful than goa.[ i promote my state].

if you want all touristy stuff, then its goa,
if you want pure beauty of nature and simplicity, authenticity, then its konkan.
choice is yours.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:42   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@avinash,
yeah, mahaby and trimbak are separated by @350km.
anurag's suggestion is good.
bhandardara and trimbak can go hand in hand.
concern is about driving those long dist.
do you really want to drive those long dist on week end?
bhandaradara is @50 km away from sangamner on pune nasik highway.
trimbak is @ 30 away from nasik.
should i post.
Neki aur pooch pooch? Is it Konkan? I would love to explore some quaint, small place with beaches and ofcourse good food around
Quote:
Venu, you know me too well. Actually, that is my back-up plan if nothing works out i will head out to goa that weekend.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish, now even i am driven and may take off on the Oct 2nd weekend.

I am contemplating of either going to Karnataka or Maharastra.

If Maharastra, then probably another trip to Mahby, I was wondering if Triambakeshwar (Jyotirling) is close to Mahby, can i visit both during that long weekend?
Just some info,Road to Trimbak from Nasik isnt in the best of shapes.It would take you some time to reach Trimbak and pls expect a fair amount of rush there.If you do go to Trimbak,do try and take the trek up the Brahmagri to the point from where the Godavari originates.Just some history in case it interests you,a lot many researches and studies have been done as to how the Godavari that originates from Brahmagiri and then disappears into the Brahmagiri mountain is a trickle but by the time it reaches Trimbak its a wide span of river.Interesting defi.Also do check out the mountains called Pandav Lene in Nasik on NH3.Supposedly the caves where the Pandavas rested during exile.Amazing caves as there are real rooms carved within the rooms.

Quote:
Please make sure u do advance bookings @ Bhandardara.Not many stay options.There is one MTDC resort and Anand Van,other than that not much.Yes but ideal time to go to these parts of Maharashtra is now as the entire place is so very green with all that rains that pounded these areas.

Also the Sula wineyard is enroute to Trimbak.If you want peace Sula is the place to be.Accomodation is pretty steep.They have one guest house to stay in and its mostly sold out.It costs 15k on weekdays and 20k on weekends all inclusive.Its a 4 room cottage overlooking the lake.

If you are interested you could do a Mahab-Sula-Trimbak-Nasik-Bhandardara-Shirdi-Hyd circuit

Konkan plenty of options.Ganpatipule is a good option/Murud Janjira is another one.Alibaug/Chiplun/Kashid/Kihim
Old 18th September 2009, 11:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neki aur pooch pooch? Is it Konkan? I would love to explore some quaint, small place with beaches and ofcourse good food around

how many days do you have to explore?
if its 3 days, then its panhala hill station and ganapatipule.
if 4 days, then its ganapatipule, pawas, ratnagairi, ganeshgule.
it can be malawan, one day cruise at karli river in houseboat[ kerala style] and good authentic food and fish surely, tarkarli beach[ one of top 10 beach in the world or at least in asea].
do your dil mange more, ask me.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th September 2009 at 11:06.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:28   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Konkan plenty of options.Ganpatipule is a good option/Murud Janjira is another one.Alibaug/Chiplun/Kashid/Kihim
Quote:
how many days do you have to explore?
if its 3 days, then its panhala hill station and ganapatipule.
if 4 days, then its ganapatipule, pawas, ratnagairi, ganeshgule.
it can be malawan, one day cruise at karli river in houseboat[ kerala style] and good authentic food and fish surely, tarkarli beach[ one of top 10 beach in the world or at least in asea].
do your dil mange more, ask me.
Thanks Ranjit and Ashish, you guys are spoiling me with choices

How is Ganapatipule? How far is from Hyderabad and route info please? Can i make this as a headquarter and go by to nearby places?

If i plan for this holiday, then i will leave on Sep 30th evening and will need to be back in office on Monday ( Oct 5th)
Old 18th September 2009, 14:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is Ganapatipule? How far is from Hyderabad and route info please? Can i make this as a headquarter and go by to nearby places?

ganapatipule is famous beach destination in ratnagiri district on west coast.
ganapati temple is famous there. for pics and details, refer this thread

hyd -ganapatipule is 695 km only.
hyd-solapur-miraj-kolhapur-malkapur-hathkhamba-[two routes]-route1 ratnagiri-ganapatipule/ route2 hathkhamba-nivali phata-ganapatipule.

you can spend two days easily at g'pule.
mtdc resort is best, can be booked online.
visit bhandarpule beach and have the beach for you only.
nearby places of interest
1] ratnagiri-thiba palace, birthplace of tilak, fort, bhagawati temple.
2] pawas-temple and samadhi of swami swarupanand
3] ganeshgule-virgin beach [literally]
4] bhatye beach-near ratnagiri
5] malgund-birthplace of the poet keshavsut.
6] panhala fort hill station on the way from kolhapur-ratnagiri.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th September 2009 at 14:43.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

HYD-SOLAPUR-MANGALWEDHA-SANGOLE-MIRAJ-KOLHAPUR-HATHKAMBE-GANPATIPULE would be the easiest route i guess.to reach g'pule you need to cut across NH17 from Kolhapur.Ashish would be able to help with elaborate details.I have done this once,dont remember the exact route now,but roughly this is the route.Would be around 700-720kms from HYD.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:52   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh boy, thats as far as Goa. Now i am in two minds. Let me browse through the linky for that thread for pictures and decide. Will come back if require any other detailed info. Thanks again
Old 19th September 2009, 12:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy, thats as far as Goa. Now i am in two minds. Let me browse through the linky for that thread for pictures and decide. Will come back if require any other detailed info. Thanks again
As the old saying goes--'a known devil is better than an unknown angel'---so I am sure you are going to Goa.

Guys, I am keeping Hampi as a backup plan as my family seems to be a bit wary of Mahabs owing to its proximity to Pune. This apart, most people say that it is still foggy there and most of the view points are closed.

Do visit my query in the other thread and let me know whatever info you have regarding Hampi and Bijapur, and any nearby places.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hyd-route.html
Thanks.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th September 2009 at 12:36.
Old 19th September 2009, 16:22   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As the old saying goes--'a known devil is better than an unknown angel'---so I am sure you are going to Goa.
That's right. If everything pans out looks like may visit goa again for the umpteenth time, only this time my mom may come along as she never been to goa, so you can imagine it will be a NEAT trip
Old 20th September 2009, 11:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's right. If everything pans out looks like may visit goa again for the umpteenth time, only this time my mom may come along as she never been to goa, so you can imagine it will be a NEAT trip
Well, it's kinda weird thinking that you'd only be sipping coconut water at Goa.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Thanks Ashish!! Yes, the purpose is clearly pilgrimage, but the other sites on Phaltan route are either covered already, or not interesting So I will stick with Satara route both ways (I can get some discount on the toll!).

Another detour I am planning to take on the way back is to take the Gondawale - Vaduj - Rahimatpur - Satara road. That will allow me to visit my native place...
Update: Completed the above-mentioned journey on 9/21. Route travelled: Pune - Satara - Koregaon - Gondavale - Vaduj - Rahimatpur - Satara - Pune.
Distance covered: 351km
Total time: 3.5 hours one-way, with a 15 min halt near Pachwad (Virangula).
Road conditions: Overall excellent. Some rough patches between Koregaon - Gondavale, Gondavale - Vaduj and Rahimatpur - Satara. Nothing alarming, though. Just slows you down a little.

@Ashish, thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks