Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 15:41   #16
BHPian

Guys, I plan to drive down to Satara from Hyderabad this weekend. The plan is to leave early Saturday morning, and start back on Sunday morning. From the thread, I guess there are 2 routes:

1. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Umerga-Solapur-Mohol-Shetfal-Indapur-Baramati-Phaltan- Satara

2. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Umerga-Solapur-Mohol-Pandharpur-Satara

Did not want to start a new thread, so hijacking Avinash's thread instead. Please help with recommended route, road conditions, approx distances etc. Any problems with rains? Ganesh visarjan?
Old 31st August 2009, 15:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Guys, I plan to drive down to Satara from Hyderabad this weekend. The plan is to leave early Saturday morning, and start back on Sunday morning. From the thread, I guess there are 2 routes:

1. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Umerga-Solapur-Mohol-Shetfal-Indapur-Baramati-Phaltan- Satara

2. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Umerga-Solapur-Mohol-Pandharpur-Satara

Did not want to start a new thread, so hijacking Avinash's thread instead. Please help with recommended route, road conditions, approx distances etc. Any problems with rains? Ganesh visarjan?
Stick to route 2. It is much easier and straightforward. I had taken #1 just to meet Ashish Pallod

But, if your looking at some nice scenary then route #1 is also good.

Road condition would be more or less good. Except for a few patches. Let the recent travellers update on that.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:01   #18
BHPian

I did this Hyd-Pune last week. Upto Sholapur it is a breeze. Beyond Sholapur it was a night mare with trucks all around. I wondered where do these guys come from and where do they go... But it was raining heavily and that made things enjoyable.

I was looking for taking a deviation from Indapur to Baramati, but did not find any and continued in NH9 till Pune. If you intend to take the Baramati route, keep a watch on where you take the deviation at Indapur.

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 31st August 2009 at 16:03.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did route 1 a couple of days back.Road conditions are good.You would find updates on the condn and the drive on the threaD:Mumbai-Hyderabad.

Indapur-Baramatiecent roads-->60-70kmph

Baramati-Jejuri:Excellent roads:100-120kmph easily

Jejuri-Saswad:Bad stretch of around 13kms

Saswad-Narayanpur-Kapurhol: Very good roads.Around 70-80kmph.Breathtaking scenery.

You jump onto NH-4 @ Kapurhol.

The only advantage with route 1 is that you would get onto the 4Lane NH 4 and the drive would be a breeze,better than the drive on the MSH roads.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:58   #20
BHPian

Guys, thanks for the responses. Guess my best bet is the route through Pandharpur. Now where is Ashish Pallod when one needs him......:P
Old 1st September 2009, 13:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

@anurag,
hey i am here always, how i missed posts in this thread?

Though Baramati route is much scenic, better take Pandharpur route as suggested by Mobike as it is comfortable for Hyd guys and you will skip notorious traffic between mohol and indapur.

solapur-mohol-pandharpur-mhaswad-gondawale-pingali-pusegaon-koregaon-satara

I don't know the latest road condition.

Do stop at Gondawale for quick darshan at the scenic mutt.

Pandharpur also good pilgrimage spot but will take lot of time.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:21   #22
BHPian

Hey, thanks Ashish. Guess Pandharpur route is the one I will take.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ashish, your HV Kumar of Maharashtra State. Jai Maharastra
Old 7th September 2009, 16:49   #24
BHPian

I did the following route over the weekend: Hyderabad-Solapur-Pandharpur-Mhaswad- Satara. Great roads and little traffic. About 520 kms, took about 6.5hrs from Hyd (5am start, 2 20 min breaks), and 8 while returning (more breaks, slightly late start). That too without crossing 130kmph the whole journey. Just cruise along at 110-120 most of the way.

The internal MH roads (SH72 IIRC) were a revelation. Not deserted, lots of villages on the way, some bikes, cycles etc. and good smooth tarmac with few broken patches. Good scenary too, with sunflower fields and all. Not at all boring. Thanks to Avinash and Ashish for all the help.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 7th September 2009 at 16:50.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Good scenary too, with sunflower fields and all. Not at all boring. Thanks to Avinash and Ashish for all the help.
Nice to see you enjoyed your trip and moreso the Kolaphuri Mutton ( It hit the spot..eh?)

That route is devoid of any traffic but nevertheless the timing you did is fantastic
Old 12th September 2009, 12:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this is the route I'll be taking this month end to Mahabaleshwar from Hyd. It's nice to have a recent update on the route from anurag.

Avi, Asish and others, what hotel do you suggest at Mahabaleshwar---we are 4 or 5 adults---don't wanna chip out too much, nor cheap out. Are two days enough to see that place?

Anyone knows how far Ganapatipule is from Mahabs?
Old 12th September 2009, 13:12   #27
BHPian

IIRC, Ganapatiphule is somewhere near Ratnagiri. Should be ~200kms from Mahabs. Venu Sir, I might be driving to Mumbai and Ahmedabad on the Saturday (26th) along the same route at least till Solapur. What day you planning on leaving?
Old 12th September 2009, 13:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Avi, Asish and others, what hotel do you suggest at Mahabaleshwar---we are 4 or 5 adults---don't wanna chip out too much, nor cheap out. Are two days enough to see that place?
haha vnabhi sir,
finally you working out for the trip.

two days are enough for mahaby.
at this time of season, mahaby hotels are at lowest prices. i suggest hotel dreamland which is near to market and still in touch with nature. google for website of this hotel.
you can check other options also.

mahaby to ganapatipule, not too long, take your breakfast at mahaby and take your late lunch at ganapatipule.

mahaby-ambenali/poladpur ghat-poladpur-left turn on nh17-kashedi ghat-bharne phata[ khed]-parshuram ghat-chiplun-sangameshwar-nivali phata-right turn-ganapatipule. dist-@235km.

stay at mtdc resort in ganapatipule. take konkani huts a/c cottage no 1/2/3[ you will know why i am insisting this]. mtdc is government run resort can be booked online. check MAHARASHTRA TOURISM, The Official Website of Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation, Govt. of India.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th September 2009 at 13:27.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the quick response, Asish. Will check it out----I guess we should go for a cottage as we are 5, could be 6.
It looks like we may not go to Ganapatipule, but just keeping options open. In that case, are 3 days advisable in Mahabs?

Anurag---we are likely to leave on Sep 26th early morning----with kids it works out to around 7 am.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It looks like we may not go to Ganapatipule, but just keeping options open. In that case, are 3 days advisable in Mahabs?
do you mean 2nights and three days or three nights and four days?

i say, 48-60 hours will be enough in mahaby. if you have one more day in hand , then go to karde/murud harnai beach which is just 125 km from mahaby. there are ample hotels for stay at karde/murud.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th September 2009 at 13:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks