Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2024, 17:45   #376
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Did NCR to Mumbai, first time both our cars - Polo and Slavia, were a part of the trip.

Day-1: 4th April
Route: G.Noida-EPE-DME-Chimanpura-NH23-NH52-Bhilwara-Rajasmand-Udaipur

• Left home at 630am. Took EPE entry at Sirsa which is close to our home. Stopped for breakfast on DME and exited at Chimanpura. Please note if you have to continue ahead of chimanpura, you have to exit and re-entry the e-way.
  • We were stopped at Chimanpura exit. Both cars were checked. Our names, telephone number, car number and destination was recorded in a register. While cops were checking the car, a chap was recording video. We were stopped total of 5 times in RJ, at each stop same under went same process. The checkpoints will be active till elections.
  • Joined NH23 then NH52 to reach Deoli. Our progress was very quick till here. Roads are top notch. Turn right from Deoli and you are greeted with bad roads. Single-laned potholed filled. To make you feel worse, they even have a toll both.
  • Beware of speed breakers till you enter NH48 just before Bhilwara. If you are taking Bhilwara-Rajasmand highway for Udaipur, the left turn to enter the highway from NH48 is about 1 km before, you have enter service lane. Miss this and you have to drive additonal 10 kms to make a u-uturn and join back the highway.
  • 4-laned smooth roads all the way till Udaipur.

Day-2: 5th April
Route: Udaipur-Shamlaji-Ahmedabad-NE1-NE4-Baruch-Ankleshwar-Surat-Mumbai

• Started from Udaipur at 6:15am. Our target was to reach by google recommended time which was 730pm. I usually consider google time at the start, once on the move the time to destination reduces but it comes back to original ETA after breaks.
  • We covered 450 kms in 6 hrs. The last leg from Baruch to Mumbai was a royal pain. Amazing roads till Ahmedabad. 6-laned. Crossed Ahmedabad using the ring road and joined NE1.
  • NE4 (Newly inaugurated stretch): We entered from NE1. Mumbai showed 374 kms and then suddenly you see one more board of 406 kms. Someone messed up the boards I think. Coming to the e-way, absolute pathetic surface for an eway. The surface is so uneven. Mind you this stretch is full concrete unlike Delhi-Chimanpura. Even with uneven surface, most cars were faster than us - above 110 kmph, their rears bouncing away to glory. I am surely getting a SUV once the entire stretch is ready, our roads be it an expressway or NH, are best suited for SUVs.
  • Exited NE4 to enter Baruch, you can join NH48 before Naramada or after Narmada, at Ankleshwar. Google took us right through Baruch as it was faster during that time.
  • Smooth sailing with 1000s of trucks till Talsari. Once you enter MH, your progress will slow down further. Most of the stretch till fountain is being re-done. The last 39 kms took us 2.5 hrs! Funny thing happened, cops stopped our MH registered car but let go the UP registered one at MH border.

Journey times:
  • D1: 10.5 hrs including 2 breaks for food, one for fuel, 5 stops for checking.
  • D2: 14 hrs including 4 stops.

Stops taken:
  • Breakfast @ Bansooriwala, DME, 3rd rest stop.
  • Lunch @ Kanha resort, Kankaliya, next to IOCL serving XP95
  • Night stay @ Zade House, Udaipur
  • Dinner @ Honest, Udaipur
  • Breakfast @ Krishna food court, just before himmat nagar
  • Lunch @Honest, Surat
  • Evening tea @ Parsi Dairy Farm, Talsari
  • Refuel stop at Jio-BP @ Surat

First stop @ DME

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1902.jpeg

First refuel stop @ Kankaliya

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1913.jpeg

When in RJ - Amazingly delicious Sev Tamatar

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1919.jpeg

Near Rajasmand

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1926.jpeg

Parked for the night @ Udaipur

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1932.jpeg

Clean and cozy stay for the night. Dirt cheap for transit stays @ Zade House

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1934.jpeg

At Krishna food center

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1946.jpeg

NE4's new stretch

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1948.jpeg

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1956.jpeg

Tea and bun maska @ Parsi Dairy Farm

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_1968.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 13:02   #377
BHPian

Making a return to this forum maybe after a decade.

I would request members to share the best route to Mumbai from Gurgaon.

I would be driving solo and hope to start by 7 am and confused between the expressway and the conventional route. I’ve done Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi in 2012 solo too and that was via the conventional route. Look forward to your inputs.
Old 17th April 2024, 00:20   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I would request members to share the best route to Mumbai from Gurgaon.

I would be driving solo and hope to start by 7 am and confused between the expressway and the conventional route.
Hi, I too am planning to travel to Delhi from Mumbai and planning to use the following route

Mumbai -> Vadodara (NH48) -> Godhra -> Dahod -> Thandla exchange (NE4) -> Bhanpura (get down from NE4)-> Kota -> Join NE4 just before Sawai Madhopur -> Gurgaon

Hope this helps!
Old 17th April 2024, 10:03   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, I too am planning to travel to Delhi from Mumbai and planning to use the following route

Mumbai -> Vadodara (NH48) -> Godhra -> Dahod -> Thandla exchange (NE4) -> Bhanpura (get down from NE4)-> Kota -> Join NE4 just before Sawai Madhopur -> Gurgaon

Hope this helps!
Which route you are taking from Bhanpura to Kota??
Old 17th April 2024, 22:45   #380
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps!
Your date of travel? Is this the first time you will be taking this route? Please do update, especially on where to break the journey overnight. I am leaving for G.Noida on Monday from Mumbai.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 11:15   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Which route you are taking from Bhanpura to Kota??
The default route on Google Maps is Ramganj Mandi > Dara > Kasar > Kota.

In the post below it is recommended to take Jhalawar bypass road.

Are you planning to take a break in between your journey? Do you have any decent place to stay near to Thandla interchange? I will be travelling from Mumbai.
Old 18th April 2024, 12:15   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Your date of travel? Is this the first time you will be taking this route? Please do update, especially on where to break the journey overnight. I am leaving for G.Noida on Monday from Mumbai.
Hi, sorry missed your post. I will be traveling on 4th and 5th May 2024 but looking stay somewhere near to Thandla interchange. Do let me know where will you stay and the route taken by you from Noida to Mumbai.

@mods: Kindly merge my back to back posts.
Old 18th April 2024, 12:30   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last 39 kms took us 2.5 hrs! Funny thing happened, cops stopped our MH registered car but let go the UP registered one at MH border.
Approx by what time did you enter MH border in Talasari? I'm asking as my drivers take Wada-Bhiwandi route after Manor (left turn) as that bypasses the Fountain mess.
Old 19th April 2024, 10:22   #384
BHPian

Quote:
... looking stay somewhere near to Thandla interchange.
I stayed at Om Residency, about 10 km from the Thandla interchange. Its listed as Om Hotel and Restaurant in Google Maps. Decent Hotel and restaurant. The connecting road to the interchange is a narrow road but only 10 km and easily doable.
Roan J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 12:15   #385
BHPian

Mumbai-NCR Update:

Day-1: Mumbai to Indore
Route: Mumbai-Nasik-Dhule-Indore
  • Started from home at 5am, targeting Nathdwara, however since we hardly made any progress in 3 hrs, did not continue further and diverted to Indore. I wanted to avoid driving in dark after himmatnagar.
  • Till Nasik roads are good, Nasik bypass is long and you bypass the city in few mins.
  • Nasik-MH border, good roads but 100s of rumble strips. Exercise caution when you take this route. You have 6-laned tarmac but after every few KMs you have a series of rumble strips.
  • Once in MP, roads get better and the number of rumble strips reduce.
  • It took us 12 hrs to reach Indore. If we had started at 5am for Indore, could have reached in 9 hrs.
  • We stopped at Food Hub @ Shahpura for breakfast and then drove nonstop till Indore.
  • Stayed at Lemon Tree overnight.

Day-2: Indore-G.Noida
Route: Indore-Dewas Bypass-Guna-Gwalior-Agra-G.Noida
  • Started at 930am post breakfast. As per google, via Gwalior was fastest, made sense to me since we were driving to G.Noida - near Pari Chowk.
  • Roads in MP are good, however the surface around Dewas and few 100 KMs on road towards Guna is bumpy.
  • You can bypass Gwalior by continuing on the NH or take google's suggestion and drive through single laned road and re-join Gwalior-Morena highway.
  • Gwalior-Morena stretch was packed with cars, it looked like everyone was racing each other. We also got stuck for 20mins as a truck met with an accident and caught fire.
  • Morena-Agra was a breeze even though it passed through some crowded towns.
  • Climbing Yammuna E-Way from the NH was a pain! The cannal road was blocked, we were hardly moving, made a u-turn and followed google via some internal village roads to join the Agra ring road.
  • Once on YEW, it was smooth all the way till home!
  • It took us 12.5 hrs from Indore to Home.
  • Stopped for late lunch at Cuba Food Court near Morena.

@blackwasp missed reading your post, we left Parsi Dairy around 4pm IIRC.

Last edited by sinharishi : 25th April 2024 at 12:17. Reason: responding to a quoted post
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 13:10   #386
BHPian

Quote:

Day-1: Mumbai to Indore
Route: Mumbai-Nasik-Dhule-Indore
Hi, you didn’t consider taking Mumbai-Vadodara-Godhara-Dahod-Thandla Interchange of Delhi-Mumbai Expressway? And then getting down from DME to join it near Sawai Madhopur all the way till Sohna?
Old 25th April 2024, 13:49   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you didn’t consider taking Mumbai-Vadodara-Godhara-Dahod-Thandla Interchange of Delhi-Mumbai Expressway? And then getting down from DME to join it near Sawai Madhopur all the way till Sohna?
No. At 8am we were near Manor. The drive till Manor had already added stress and I did not want to encounter the traffic on Surat-Vadodra highway. Ahmedabad itself showed 11 hrs from Manor!
Old 25th April 2024, 22:42   #388

Hello all,
I need some info regarding travel by Delhi Mumbai expressway. Total travel is from Haridwar to Pune. Will leave on 28th April.

In 2022, I had travelled from Haridwar to Guna (MP) and back and my family travelled from Pune to Guna and back. (exchange of cars) So have some idea about this route (Haridwar-Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Guna-Indore-Dhule-Narayangaon-Pune)

I will be traveling alone in Nexon.

Which route should I opt for? One mentioned above or Delhi Mumbai expressway?
I need info about toll situation on Delhi Mumbai expressway. Are toll booths operational and approx. how much will it cost for total journey?
Also planning day 1 stay at Indore and reaching Pune on 2nd day night.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ghibli : 25th April 2024 at 22:48. Reason: added more details
Old 27th April 2024, 22:19   #389
BHPian

Hi all, I am in a dilemma about my upcoming Delhi to Mumbai trip. It will be done over two days with one night halt in between. I have following two options:

1. Take Mumbai to Vadodara route and then Godhra bypass-> Dahod -> Thandla interchange (total 1396 kms till Delhi)

2. Go from Mumbai -> Nashik -> Dhule -> Shirpur -> Dhar -> Join Delhi Mumbai Expressway at Nayapura toll (this is 82 kms ahead of Thandla interchange) (total 1371 kms till Delhi)

Google Maps is showing same time for both the routes which is around 24hours.

In the second option I will have to stay at Ratlam which is around 40 minutes away from Nayapura toll and in option 1 I am planning to stay at Om residency which is 10 minutes away from Thandla interchange.

Reason I am considering second option because of horror reviews on the Maharashtra side of NH48 towards Vadodara.

Thanks.
Old 28th April 2024, 07:58   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghibli View Post

Which route should I opt for?

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
I traveled from Pune to Dehradun in mid Jan and took Pune - Dhule - Manpur - Ratlam - NE4 - Kota - NE4 - HW- Ddun. Took 26 hrs with breaks and night stay was in Ratlam. This route will save you atleast 2-3 hrs viz a viz route via Gwalior.
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks