Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 03:15   #136
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Is there any restrictions on entering the outer ring road in Ahmedabad after 8pm? Leaving for Mumbai this weekend, considering taking abu road route.
Old 1st December 2020, 05:26   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Is there any restrictions on entering the outer ring road in Ahmedabad after 8pm? Leaving for Mumbai this weekend, considering taking abu road route.
There's night curfew in A'bad, Vadodara, Surat & Rajkot 9pm to 6am. Not sure of its applicability on ring road but avoid entering it at night if possible.

I did Thane to Gurgaon on 28, 29 Nov on the same route.
Thane - Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Mehsana - Palanpur - Sirohi (stay overnight) - Pali - Beawar - Jaipur - Gurgaon

Traffic on GJ SH41 was dense and roads were in poor condition between A'bad and Palanpur ~140kms. Took over 3hrs15 mins of tiring driving to pass by.

Otherwise rest of the route was nice. Despite being a 3 lane NH62, typical all 3 lane hogging situation of trucks did annoy a bit more compared to Udaipur NH48-58 route but otherwise good road to maintain 80kmph+ speed.

Tolls -
- Paid all tolls using Fastag Rs.1535
- 225rs more than Udaipur route since you travel more KMs on this route.
- No dedicated car and cash lanes on NH62 so lost over 1hr in total at toll plazas which wasn't the case on Udaipur route where I barely spent a minute or two on each toll booth.

One quick tip - If you prefer driving at night, Truckers avoid driving at night of No/Dark Moon Day (Amavasya)
pmhate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:43   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhate View Post
There's night curfew in A'bad, Vadodara, Surat & Rajkot 9pm to 6am. Not sure of its applicability on ring road but avoid entering it at night if possible.
Thanks! I'll reconsider ADI route. Mehsana-Palanpur was same as you described in March this year! In October I was stopped at Shamlaji by State Police due to violence on Shamlaji-Udaipur Highway. Had to re-route to Abu road via Ambaji. Got me thinking, this could be an alternative to Mehsana-Palanpur route. One can drive to ADI via Ambaji-Himmatnagar from Abu Road.

Keeping all options open now, including MP-MH via Indore-Nasik. Will take a call at the last minute depending upon the protests around the capital region and the situation at Covid-19 check posts on MH-GJ, MH-MP borders.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:12   #139

Quote:
Keeping all options open now, including MP-MH via Indore-Nasik. Will take a call at the last minute depending upon the protests around the capital region and the situation at Covid-19 check posts on MH-GJ, MH-MP borders.
I wasn't stopped at MH->GJ border outward journey for Covid19 RT PCR report. Instead I was stopped in GJ SH twice for other reasons. One for not wearing mask in car and to check alcohol in car 2nd time.
pmhate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:49   #140
BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't stopped at MH->GJ border outward journey for Covid19 RT PCR report. Instead I was stopped in GJ SH twice for other reasons. One for not wearing mask in car and to check alcohol in car 2nd time.
Is it mandatory to wear the mask in Gujarat, even if one is travelling alone in the car?

Also, were you fined for not wearing the mask?
Old 2nd December 2020, 02:56   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Is it mandatory to wear the mask in Gujarat, even if one is travelling alone in the car?

Also, were you fined for not wearing the mask?
Not only in Gujarat but also in Delhi, masks are must in car. I tried to find authenticity of this by searching respective Government orders but couldn't find on the website looking at the sizeable number of orders and amendments had been passed during this pandemic which is too much to go through.

So Relying on the news from multiple sources, yes it is not mandatory to wear mask in car if traveling alone (in Delhi at least) but the debate is still on in some High Court whether a private car moving on public roads should be considered as private space or not if windows are rolled up. Thus making us forcibly wear mask even in private car if more than one is traveling.

I was not aware of this rule and was about to get fined in GJ but got away with it somehow (you know how). Seems like they have found a new way of earning.
Old 17th February 2021, 22:31   #142
BHPian

Small update: Did NCR-Mumbai in Jan and Mumbai-NCR last weekend.
  • Route taken: NCR-Jaipur Bypass-Kishangarh-Beawar-Rajasmand-Udaipur-Shamlaji-Godhra Bypass-Vadodra-Surat-Mumbai.
  • Took same route for return to NCR.
  • Nothing much has changed except that Udaipur to Shamlaji is now 90% 6-laned! I was able to do this distance in 30 mins less as compared to the usual.
  • Got stuck in farmers protest for an hour on return!
  • Rest, roads are in good condition.

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_20210214_091023.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 04:49   #143

Quote:
Mumbai-NCR last weekend.
[list][*]Route taken: NCR-Jaipur Bypass-Kishangarh-Beawar-Rajasmand-Udaipur-
I did NCR-Mumbai on same route on 3 May 2021. Yes, Roads are well marked and good 6 laned between Udaipur to Shamlaji.

When passing through Udaipur, did you take Udaipur Bypass NH58 <> NH27 <> NH48 (which is in bad shape)

OR

NH58 <> Sukher Road <> NH48?

In my case Bhuwana Bypass circle on Sukher road was closed and I got stuck in local city lockdown checks.
Old 15th May 2021, 12:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
In my case Bhuwana Bypass circle on Sukher road was closed and I got stuck in local city lockdown checks.
I always exit NH48 to enter Udaipur City and take the 100 feet road to join Sukher road and then towards Nathdwara.

Did you take any ePass? I am scheduled to leave for Mumbai on the 5th June.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th May 2021 at 05:58. Reason: Quote trimmed. Typos.
Old 16th May 2021, 05:29   #145

I didn't take any ePass, was on COVIDd emergency so had to manage last minute. I might skip Sukher road altogether since it is under city limits on return.

All private cars were stopped at HR-RJ border (before Shahjahanpur toll) and checked for ePass and RT PCR Report check at GJ-MH Border By MH Police.
Then there are typical alcohol search checks at RJ-GJ Border by GJ Aravalli Police.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th May 2021 at 05:59. Reason: Typos fixed. Random capitalizations removed.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:40   #146

I am planning Mumbai - Delhi in the last week of June and requesting fellow BHPians for some fresh inputs.

My Plan:

Ride - XUV 500AT
Passengers - 2 Adults and a 7 yr old Kid

Route as recommended by Google Maps:
Day 1: Mumbai - Udaipur - > Start around 5.30 AM from Mumbai, Take Vadodara, Godhra, Modasa, Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Rajsamand - Beawar - Ajmer - Jaipur - Delhi - > Start Around 5.30 AM

My Queries:
1) Are there any recommendations to improve the route?
2) Need recommendations for accommodation in Udaipur which do not need a detour (I have currently booked Club Mahindra Udaipur, which looks to be on the route)
3) I have a fair idea of first leg of the journey and done it before, but need recommendations for leg 2. What are some good places to take breaks for meals and bio break, given the current situation this is my biggest worry
4) Any recent updates on road conditions for the route are welcome

I am assuming it will be a 14 hours drive each day considering the breaks, tolls, traffic. I hope I am not being too optimistic here.

Suggestions, inputs are welcome!
Old 17th June 2021, 21:23   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_1787 View Post

My Queries:
1) Are there any recommendations to improve the route?
2) Need recommendations for accommodation in Udaipur which do not need a detour (I have currently booked Club Mahindra Udaipur, which looks to be on the route)
3) I have a fair idea of first leg of the journey and done it before, but need recommendations for leg 2. What are some good places to take breaks for meals and bio break, given the current situation this is my biggest worry
4) Any recent updates on road conditions for the route are welcome
1. No. The route you have decided remains the best.

2. Plenty of options. I drove from Delhi to Mumbai on the 5th-6th June. This time we stayed at Marutinanadan just before Nathdwara, its bang on the highway.

3. Not many good options between Udaipur and Beawar, you can try Hotel Mewar between Rajasmand and Beawar. Once you cross Ajmer bypass, there are plenty of options all the way till Delhi.

4. All good. The only recent update will be the Shamlaji-Udaipur stretch that is now 6-laned.

Day-2, even with relaxed driving should not take more than 11-12 hrs.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 11:09   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_1787 View Post
I am planning Mumbai - Delhi in the last week of June and requesting fellow BHPians for some fresh inputs.

My Plan:

Ride - XUV 500AT
Passengers - 2 Adults and a 7 yr old Kid

Route as recommended by Google Maps:
Day 1: Mumbai - Udaipur - > Start around 5.30 AM from Mumbai, Take Vadodara, Godhra, Modasa, Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Rajsamand - Beawar - Ajmer - Jaipur - Delhi - > Start Around 5.30 AM
First off, Thank you Team BHP for the membership. Very happy to be here and contribute now, after learning so much from the forum & its collective. Thus begins my journey with this first contribution.

Hi Raj,

Route selected is good. Did the same recently, and my only suggestion is start by 5 am if possible. That really helped to avoid any traffic and I reached Udaipur in 12 hours.

To answer your queries:
1) We carried our own food, and avoided restaurants. That probably helped to save us time and thus 12 hours were good for us despite not speeding beyond 100 kmph in our MS Baleno (also, we didn't have a baby, so need to account for it). We were able to cross Baroda by 12 noon (that is also a good spot to have lunch) as after Baroda, I feel you won't have good options. We ourselves stopped for lunch after Godhra and ate under the shade of a tree

2) We stayed at Paras Mahal in Udaipur. Since its a tourist city, the quality of hotels, food and prices allow for a much better choice. its just off the highway and I would recommend it. The food from the hotel was excellent.

3) Udaipur to Beawer stretch has limited options as rightly pointed out. I would suggest you take a bio-break at Nathdwara / Rajsamand as after that, its really tricky till you hit the major 6 lane highway from Beawar. Post-that, tons of options.

4) Except for the 2 lane highway between Rajasmand - Beawar, where road is good but speed restricted due to traffic and many speed breakers, its an otherwise pleasure.

Last tip: We took the second day easy, starting out at 8 am after having breakfast at our hotel in Udaipur. Post-Beawar I kept a good pace as I wanted to enter Gurgaon before 5 pm to avoid the traffic. And did manage it (again, w/o a baby and thus limited stops). We avoided driving at night (except a bit while leaving from Mumbai and after entering NCR, thanks to traffic in Delhi)

Safe travels!
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 21:34   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
First off, Thank you Team BHP for the membership. Very happy to be here and contribute now, after learning so much from the forum & its collective. Thus begins my journey with this first contribution.
Thank you VT-RNS!

Yes, I am in all mood to leave my building complex sharp at 5.

We plan to stock food for the two days to minimise halts!

I too avoid driving after dark and that is the reason, I intend to leave by 6 on Day 2 as well.

Will keep the forum posted on the trip
raj_1787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:04   #150
BHPian

Can you please suggest a good place to stop for breakfast/lunch somewhere midway in the Jaipur - Delhi leg?

Good veg food + clean restrooms + enough space for social distancing, is it too much to ask for in current times

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks