Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 06:49   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist
We are planning a visit to Ooty or Coonoor later this week, with a 2 yr old child. Can someone suggest a good and affordable (say 2k per night) homestay that has a kitchen?

Also, being not very touristy, I would guess Coonoor would be better, right? How about good places to eat etc, there?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...
You may check Vivek Tourist Home, Coonoor. Budget hotel without much frills.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:59   #1232
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Ranjit, I was guided to Kushi by another fellow BHPian too. They are still operational and reasonable, Tariff is 1500 bucks for non-ac room.

I am coming from Theppakkadu direction and driving towards Calicut. Just need a late night stay and that too no ladies in our group which ticks our choice for a economic accomodation.
Guys,

Anyone tried Kushi by now? We are going this weekend. Have no clue on its goodness but we are just three bachelors and ready to sleep on road too
Old 6th May 2013, 12:01   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Ranjit, I was guided to Kushi by another fellow BHPian too. They are still operational and reasonable, Tariff is 1500 bucks for non-ac room.

I am coming from Theppakkadu direction and driving towards Calicut. Just need a late night stay and that too no ladies in our group which ticks our choice for a economic accomodation.
Anyone tried KushiResorts by now?

We are going there on Friday and not sure on the goodness as no feedbacks were recieved. Anyways we are BACHELORS; even ready to sleep on road and freshen up in CCD
Old 6th May 2013, 17:48   #1234
BHPian

Folks,

I am planning to make a quick 2 night / 3 days vacation with family to beat the summer heat and also make up for the kids summer vacation for which I need your suggestions as I have run out of options. Please find more details below:

1) I am residing in Bangalore.
2) Have already done the following in recent past: Mysore, Ooty,Kotagiri,Coorg,Waynad,Chikamagalur,Mangalore, Goa,Kodai, Munnar, Pondicherry

Appreciate your suggestions on any new location to spend the time away from scorching summer heat.

Regards,
Kiran
Old 6th May 2013, 17:55   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Folks,

I am planning to make a quick 2 night / 3 days vacation with family to beat the summer heat and also make up for the kids summer vacation for which I need your suggestions as I have run out of options. Please find more details below:

2) Have already done the following in recent past: Mysore, Ooty,Kotagiri,Coorg,Waynad,Chikamagalur,Mangalore, Goa,Kodai, Munnar, Pondicherry

Appreciate your suggestions on any new location to spend the time away from scorching summer heat.

Regards,
Kiran
All places in the south are going to be warm.You could give Valparai a try.Book up one of the many coffee estates there (Windermere,Sinnadorai)
Old 6th May 2013, 17:59   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yercaud is the pace to be if you have not been there before.

Waseem.
Old 6th May 2013, 18:32   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yercaud is the pace to be if you have not been there before.

Waseem.
@Waseem: Thanks for your suggestion. I missed out to mention Yercaud in the list. We had done this about 7yrs ago. Can give another dash though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
All places in the south are going to be warm.You could give Valparai a try.Book up one of the many coffee estates there (Windermere,Sinnadorai)
@ranjitp1: Thank you. Haven't tired Valparai yet. Can you provide more details on that, i mean is there any write-up/travelogue in the forum where I can go have a look and get more info?
Old 6th May 2013, 18:37   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Waseem: Thanks for your suggestion. I missed out to mention Yercaud in the list. We had done this about 7yrs ago. Can give another dash though

@ranjitp1: Thank you. Haven't tired Valparai yet. Can you provide more details on that, i mean is there any write-up/travelogue in the forum where I can go have a look and get more info?
Fauji's travelogue is an excellent reference guide to Valparai.You might want to take a look at it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-valparai.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
completes the day.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 19:36   #1239
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Fauji's travelogue is an excellent reference guide to Valparai.
Absolutely! It was also the inspiration for our trip - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...alow-more.html

Quote:
Haven't tired Valparai yet. Can you provide more details on that, i mean is there any write-up/travelogue in the forum where I can go have a look and get more info?
@kirantp - Do look up the Valparai general information thread as well. Sinnadorai is an excellent place to stay though a bit expensive.

Last edited by NPV : 6th May 2013 at 20:03.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:49   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for hotel in Hubli,karnataka for a night stay? Hotel should be within 3-4 kms radius from Bhavani nagar,hubli. A clean hotel with AC rooms with reasonable pricing would be preferred. Please suggest! TIA
Old 8th May 2013, 21:30   #1241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any recommendations for hotel in Hubli,karnataka for a night stay? Hotel should be within 3-4 kms radius from Bhavani nagar,hubli. A clean hotel with AC rooms with reasonable pricing would be preferred. Please suggest! TIA
Not sure if budget would fit you. Clarks Inn is the best place in Hubli. Its about 4 km from Ankola road exit from Hubli bypass. Though I am dont know how far its from the you place you refer to. But this is one of the best places in Hubli.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 23:09   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Check http://www.hotelmetropolishubli.com/
It was a clean budget hotel located between old bus stand and railway station.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:10   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
We are planning a visit to Ooty or Coonoor later this week, with a 2 yr old child. Can someone suggest a good and affordable (say 2k per night) homestay that has a kitchen?

Also, being not very touristy, I would guess Coonoor would be better, right? How about good places to eat etc, there?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...
Strathearn is a very good homestay.You can speak to Leenu Kurian - +91 9443999341.

www.strathearn.in
Old 9th May 2013, 11:53   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not sure if budget would fit you. Clarks Inn is the best place in Hubli. Its about 4 km from Ankola road exit from Hubli bypass. Though I am dont know how far its from the you place you refer to. But this is one of the best places in Hubli.

Clarks inn is way too costly! Room rent of around 4-5K when i checked on a couple of sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Thanks mate, will check it out!
Old 10th May 2013, 09:00   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Hi coolclouds, any other hotel in the same budget range as above?Apparently, they are booked when i called them up for a reservation! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks