Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 11:21   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Please suggest me places/hotels/lodges to stay with a budget of Rs.1000-1500/day.
At this budget,you would be able to get hotels at Lakdi-ka-Pul area.I would suggest Padmini Residency.Around 1500 per night. http://www.hotelpadminiresidency.com

As for going around,doing it by autos,you are not going to reach anywhere.Instead I would suggest you take the APTDC City tour bus which is very good.They have options of A/c and non A.c buses.Ramoji Film City would have to be done on a separate day as it would take you one full day from morning to evening.Else you could hire a cab for a full day(I guess Indica is around 1000/- for 8hours/80kms)

http://tourisminap.com/tourpack/hyderabad.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Can someone suggest a budget accommodation in the range of 1.5 to 2k near Dadar, Sion or Vile Parle for 2 nights.

Many thanks in advance.

Rajesh
All the three locations are far apart from each other.Nevertheless at Vile Parle Hotel Ramakrishna is a reccomended one.Next to the station and very clean and excellent food as well.This is in east.

http://www.rkhotels.com
Old 30th October 2012, 12:19   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
At this budget,you would be able to get hotels at Lakdi-ka-Pul area.I would suggest Padmini Residency.Around 1500 per night. http://www.hotelpadminiresidency.com

As for going around,doing it by autos,you are not going to reach anywhere.Instead I would suggest you take the APTDC City tour bus which is very good.They have options of A/c and non A.c buses.Ramoji Film City would have to be done on a separate day as it would take you one full day from morning to evening.Else you could hire a cab for a full day(I guess Indica is around 1000/- for 8hours/80kms)

http://tourisminap.com/tourpack/hyderabad.php
Thanks ranjit for the details. I've done the below itinerary, is this good enough? Also, for availing APTDC buses do i need to go to Mahatma gandhi bus station only because i've booked Hotel Geetanjali, Bogulkunta, King Koti.

1st Day:
Birla mandir - near husain sagar lake and walkable distance from Lumbini Park.
Husain Sagar lake - Boat Ride
Snow World,
Paradise Food Court, Sarojini Devi Road, Secunderabad -for famous Hyderabadi Biryani.
Golkonda fort, Golkonda sound and light show (7pm most days.).Will take up a lot of time

2nd Day:
Ramoji Rao Film city ,

3rd Day:
Salarjung Museum - near mahatma gandhi bus station,(almost takes 4 hrs)
CHARMINAR.
I-MAX - Near to Lumbini Park.
Lumbini Park(next to Husain Sagar lake) - Laser show(if possible)

Last edited by ramki067 : 30th October 2012 at 12:20.
Old 30th October 2012, 13:05   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ranjit for the details. I've done the below itinerary, is this good enough? Also, for availing APTDC buses do i need to go to Mahatma gandhi bus station only because i've booked Hotel Geetanjali, Bogulkunta, King Koti.

1st Day:
Birla mandir - near husain sagar lake and walkable distance from Lumbini Park.
Husain Sagar lake - Boat Ride
Snow World,
Paradise Food Court, Sarojini Devi Road, Secunderabad -for famous Hyderabadi Biryani.
Golkonda fort, Golkonda sound and light show (7pm most days.).Will take up a lot of time

2nd Day:
Ramoji Rao Film city ,

3rd Day:
Salarjung Museum - near mahatma gandhi bus station,(almost takes 4 hrs)
CHARMINAR.
I-MAX - Near to Lumbini Park.
Lumbini Park(next to Husain Sagar lake) - Laser show(if possible)
IMO,your itinerary is all jumbled up.If you want to do a DIY HYD city tour then I would suggest as follows:

Day 1: Head to Salarjung followed by Charminar by 11am.Spend a couple of hours in the bylanes etc.Lunch either in the vicinity of Charminar or else you could head to Koti,there are lots of restaurants,else if you manage to wind up by 1pm then you could also head to Paradise(the one on SD Road is the 1st outlet,they now have an outlet next to IMAX as well,so from Charminar you could also opt to go to this outlet as its closer from Charminar) for biriyani.From Paradise,head to Necklace Road/Eat street.Take the boat from there as its relatively less crowded.After the boatride,in the evening,I dont think you would have any more stamina to do anything more,you can head to Golconda on time fr the Light & Sound Show from 630 (as winters have begun its dark by around 530pm).It is a 1hr show.From there you could stop at Tolichowki where there is a huge food area to your left with plenty of restaurants and then back to hotel.

Day 2:Ramoji Film City and back

Day 3:Head to Birla temple,followed by Snow World,the parks (Lumbini,NTR Gardens all next to each other around the lake).If you did like Paradise food on the previous day,you could go to their outlet next to IMAX (all next to each other-lumbini,NTR,IMAX,Paradise).

Off topic:
  • Snow World is just a snow theme park.
  • I am not sure why do you want to go to IMAX unless you have intentions of seeing a movie there,else its a waste of time
  • Birla Temple to Lumbini park is definitely not walkable distance(not sure how you got that info),its a good kilometer or two and involves crossing of some very busy roads.
  • The APTDC tours can be boarded from their offices.From your hotel,the closest boarding point would be Tank Bund.I dont think they have a boarding point at MG Bustand (Imliban).All the buses drop people off at Lumbini park which is the last point.
    1. Tank Bund(Hussain Sagar Lake)
    2. Paryatak Bhavan,Begumpet
    3. Yatri Nivas,Secunderabad (SP Road)

As for hotel,if you have an option to change it,then I would reccomend changing it as Bogalkunta is a very noisy part of the city(market area).The only advantage is that its walking distance to Koti & Abids which are the central shopping areas.Tridadvisor too does not have great things to talk about the hotel.http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 13:43   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
IMO,your itinerary is all jumbled up.If you want to do a DIY HYD city tour then I would suggest as follows:

Day 1: Head to Salarjung followed by Charminar by 11am.Spend a couple of hours in the bylanes etc.Lunch either in the vicinity of Charminar or else you could head to Koti,there are lots of restaurants,else if you manage to wind up by 1pm then you could also head to Paradise(the one on SD Road is the 1st outlet,they now have an outlet next to IMAX as well,so from Charminar you could also opt to go to this outlet as its closer from Charminar) for biriyani.From Paradise,head to Necklace Road/Eat street.Take the boat from there as its relatively less crowded.After the boatride,in the evening,I dont think you would have any more stamina to do anything more,you can head to Golconda on time fr the Light & Sound Show from 630 (as winters have begun its dark by around 530pm).It is a 1hr show.From there you could stop at Tolichowki where there is a huge food area to your left with plenty of restaurants and then back to hotel.

Day 2:Ramoji Film City and back

Day 3:Head to Birla temple,followed by Snow World,the parks (Lumbini,NTR Gardens all next to each other around the lake).If you did like Paradise food on the previous day,you could go to their outlet next to IMAX (all next to each other-lumbini,NTR,IMAX,Paradise).

Off topic:
  • Snow World is just a snow theme park.
  • I am not sure why do you want to go to IMAX unless you have intentions of seeing a movie there,else its a waste of time
  • Birla Temple to Lumbini park is definitely not walkable distance(not sure how you got that info),its a good kilometer or two and involves crossing of some very busy roads.
  • The APTDC tours can be boarded from their offices.From your hotel,the closest boarding point would be Tank Bund.I dont think they have a boarding point at MG Bustand (Imliban).All the buses drop people off at Lumbini park which is the last point.
    1. Tank Bund(Hussain Sagar Lake)
    2. Paryatak Bhavan,Begumpet
    3. Yatri Nivas,Secunderabad (SP Road)
As for hotel,if you have an option to change it,then I would reccomend changing it as Bogalkunta is a very noisy part of the city(market area).The only advantage is that its walking distance to Koti & Abids which are the central shopping areas.Tridadvisor too does not have great things to talk about the hotel.http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
Ranjit,
You have given a different proposition to my itinerary which is very good as i'm a new comer to Hyderabad.

Also to mention, i just called up Padmini Residency and the rooms are available. So, i have booked at Padmini Residency.

So, now as i'm close by to Hussain Sagar lake and other attractions, do you still suggest to go for your itinerary or do you suggest to change it?
Please suggest which is the best possible transport to visit?

And regarding the IMAX, i wish to see a movie, if time permits.

Also, regarding the shopping point of view, which my better-half would definitely go for it, i have created a list of shops(from googling) below:
1. Puchala Pearls And Jewellers , Ameerpet , Hyderabad
Address: 14, Meridian Plaza, Ameerpet, Hyderabad.
Landmark: Beside Lal bunglow.
Phone: 040-66636572/23710439

2. Krishna Pearls' is another place near Charminar known for genuine pearls.
Address: 6-3-883/2/3, Near Topaz building, Punjagutta.

3. Mangatrai Jewellers, near Charminar towards Salar jung road.

4. For black and purple pearl earrings with zircon and platinum finish
(priced between Rs 180 and Rs 250), visit a shop called 'Princess Pearls'.
Address: Princess Pearls: Shop No 5-4-666/1
Peshwari Plaza, South Abids
Near Hotel Saptagiri, Hyderabad.
Landmark: Near McDonalds on Abis road.

5. Sri Jagadamba Pearls: 2-4-26, MG Road
Opposite Mahatma Gandhi statue,
Secunderabad- 3

6. Near Charminar, is Laad Bazaar(Chudi bazaar).

7. Karachi Bakery's fruit biscuits.

Thanks very much again and sorry for too many Qs,

Regards,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 30th October 2012 at 14:06.
Old 30th October 2012, 15:04   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ranjit,
You have given a different proposition to my itinerary which is very good as i'm a new comer to Hyderabad.

Also to mention, i just called up Padmini Residency and the rooms are available. So, i have booked at Padmini Residency.

So, now as i'm close by to Hussain Sagar lake and other attractions, do you still suggest to go for your itinerary or do you suggest to change it?
Please suggest which is the best possible transport to visit?

And regarding the IMAX, i wish to see a movie, if time permits.

Also, regarding the shopping point of view, which my better-half would definitely go for it, i have created a list of shops(from googling) below:
1. Puchala Pearls And Jewellers , Ameerpet , Hyderabad
Address: 14, Meridian Plaza, Ameerpet, Hyderabad.
Landmark: Beside Lal bunglow.
Phone: 040-66636572/23710439

2. Krishna Pearls' is another place near Charminar known for genuine pearls.
Address: 6-3-883/2/3, Near Topaz building, Punjagutta.

3. Mangatrai Jewellers, near Charminar towards Salar jung road.

4. For black and purple pearl earrings with zircon and platinum finish
(priced between Rs 180 and Rs 250), visit a shop called 'Princess Pearls'.
Address: Princess Pearls: Shop No 5-4-666/1
Peshwari Plaza, South Abids
Near Hotel Saptagiri, Hyderabad.
Landmark: Near McDonalds on Abis road.

5. Sri Jagadamba Pearls: 2-4-26, MG Road
Opposite Mahatma Gandhi statue,
Secunderabad- 3

6. Near Charminar, is Laad Bazaar(Chudi bazaar).

7. Karachi Bakery's fruit biscuits.

Thanks very much again and sorry for too many Qs,

Regards,
Ramki
Shall pm you the details.
Old 30th October 2012, 15:05   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Shall pm you the details.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 31st October 2012, 01:54   #1102
vdi
BHPian

Quote:

All the three locations are far apart from each other.Nevertheless at Vile Parle Hotel Ramakrishna is a reccomended one.Next to the station and very clean and excellent food as well.This is in east.

http://www.rkhotels.com

Thanks Ranjith. VP east would be fine as reaching the airport is easy.

Rajesh.
Old 31st October 2012, 05:39   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi

Thanks Ranjith. VP east would be fine as reaching the airport is easy.

Rajesh.
Yes the domestic airport is just across the highway,less than 10mins early morning and late night.
Old 1st November 2012, 12:29   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Those who need a place to stay around Murudeshwar, can try the RNS Highway Hotel.
The rooms are good and clean the service is decent. I have not tried their restaurant so I cannot comment on the food.
The room (Non-AC) tariff is Rs. 750/- and they provide clean towels and soap. There is a CRT TV in the room but reception is poor.
Site: http://naveenhotels.com/RNS_highway_...hway_hotel.php
This is on the highway to Kanyakumari and hence conveniently located especially if you want to rest after the bad roads (for 25 KM) before Murudeshwar while coming from Mumbai side.

Another accommodation at Varca, Goa where we stayed recently is this one:
Colonia Jose' Menino Resort (http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...Varca_Goa.html)
The tariff was around Rs. 1280/- for Non-AC room and not really worth it. (This includes breakfast - which is basically bread butter and tea).
The only attraction is the swimming pool which is nicely maintained. The beach is fine (quite clean, but not as great as Colva, since the water is not that clean, but a lot better than Calangute).
The restaurant is average and there are not many options around, since the place is quite in the interiors.

A nice accommodation at Palolem Beach, Goa is Zappia Cove. Very nice garden.
An AC room cost Rs. 1100 and you can bargain.
The rooms are around 2 minutes off the beach.
There is limited parking in front of this place so please check that aspect first.

All information based on personal visits in October 2012.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:49   #1105
BHPian

Amritsar - Hotel M C International. link
Nice little place, opposite Company bagh. 2000/- + breakfast.

Jalandar - Regent Park Hotel - Link
decent hotel, okayish location. good pizza. 2000 per night + breakfast.

Very few info about hotels and accommodation in Punjab. Hope this helps
Old 4th November 2012, 21:30   #1106
BHPian

Badami, Karantaka - Badami Heritage, Very good VFM, @ 2600 perday. Nice resturant (Only Veg)

Hampi : Hospet Malligei Hotel, The best in last 3-4years. Didn;t see an alternative.
Old 4th November 2012, 22:31   #1107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hampi : Hospet Malligei Hotel, The best in last 3-4years. Didn;t see an alternative.
There is an alternative, albeit a costly one. Its the Royal Orchid.

http://www.royalorchidhotels.com/roy...i/overview.asp
Old 5th November 2012, 22:06   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is an alternative, albeit a costly one. Its the Royal Orchid.

http://www.royalorchidhotels.com/roy...i/overview.asp
Yes I agree, But almost double the price..
Old 6th November 2012, 18:07   #1109
BHPian

Hello!

I am planning another road trip to Mumbai in Feb and would be spending 3 nights there. As my girl friend would be staying with me I am hunting for a nice place which isn't shady at all.

I am looking for a city centre hotel. As close to Bandra as possible. My budget permits me to stretch to 4 to 4.5 k max inclusive of breakfast and taxes. Please help.

P.S : as far as the highway is concerned, I already have that figured thanks to my previous trip.
Old 6th November 2012, 19:37   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Hello!

I am looking for a city centre hotel. As close to Bandra as possible. My budget permits me to stretch to 4 to 4.5 k max inclusive of breakfast and taxes. Please help.
I would reccomend the Grand Sarovar Premiere at Goregaon W and Hometel at Malad next to Inorbit, a little far from Bandra,but then since you guys are staying together I dont think it should make much of a difference.It isnt terribly overpriced either.The Courtyard next to the airport on the Western Expressway is also nice,but then quite a bit of crowd thanks to it being close to the airport,same is the case with Ibis.Another one that is good is the Meluha Fern at Powai (scenic setting overlooking the powai lake,service is slightly iffy).Holiday Inn too is good but again close to the Intl airport.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks