Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 14:53   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay in Ooty? We are looking for two rooms preferably 2bhk serviced apts. If not, neat rooms with clean toilets will do.

Thanks in advance.
If your budget is around 3000k a night/room then Sherlocks is the best place to be in. www.littlearth.in

Else you could check out Sagar resorts.The resort is quite a different style of construction. www.sagar-resorts.com

Sabol is also good,should cost you around 3k a night for cottage.
www.sabolholidays.com

Lastly Glyngarth Villa is another good place.Since you are two groups,you could rent out the villa. www.glyngarthvilla.com
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 17:40   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If your budget is around 3000k a night/room then Sherlocks is the best place to be in. www.littlearth.in

Else you could check out Sagar resorts.The resort is quite a different style of construction. www.sagar-resorts.com

Sabol is also good,should cost you around 3k a night for cottage.
www.sabolholidays.com

Lastly Glyngarth Villa is another good place.Since you are two groups,you could rent out the villa. www.glyngarthvilla.com
Thanks Ranjith for the quick response. I am looking for something in the range of Rs. 2000 but it seems like the rates are higher due to season.
Old 5th May 2012, 17:58   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Thanks Ranjith for the quick response. I am looking for something in the range of Rs. 2000 but it seems like the rates are higher due to season.
Try Tranquiltea's bungalow in Ooty. It is a pretty charming place, but not a very scenic location (it's right behind YWCA - overlooking the racecourse). Rooms are clean and spacious, and the major attraction is the food : Rajan the caretaker and his wife are wonderful cooks (You need to tell him in advance what to make - his desserts are wonderful). But the building has 3 bedrooms and it may be awkward if the third one is occupied by someone you don't know.

The last time I stayed there was a couple of years back and the rates were Rs 1500/- per room then - and I was told it has gone up somewhat lately. The rate on his website says Rs 2.5K, but I'm sure you can get it lower than that : try negotiating with Sandeep Subramani - the owner. I seem to have misplaced his number, but I have PM'd you the caretaker Rajan's number. Try talking to him first and find out about availability, you can get Sandeep's number from him.

Tranquilitea gourmet nilgiri tea and boutique holidays
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 10:12   #949
Senior - BHPian

Anyone from Dharwad-Huballi,Karnataka area?

I'm in Dharwad area for my internship at Spicer India. I need some furnished accomodation for 2 months in this area. Dharwad or Hubali. A safe parking space would be plus point.

If you spot a UK-07 , white honda civic pull me over. It'll be nice chatting to fellow bhpians. Yes i DROVE down from dehradun to Dharwad. Amazing 2400 KMS.
Old 8th May 2012, 21:07   #950
BHPian

Accomodation @ Namakkal

Need information on good hotel to stay for a family in Namakkal. Good ambience and service, attached good restaurant and secured car parking are the priority points to choose. Since there are kids, a small play area for kids would be a bonus welcome even at small extra cost.

Heard of Nala but their website dont have tariff and photos to make a decision for the person involved. No reviews found on the net too. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !
Old 9th May 2012, 09:34   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accomodation @ Namakkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Heard of Nala but their website dont have tariff and photos to make a decision for the person involved. No reviews found on the net too. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !
Nala and Golden Chariot are good options as per my colleague who is from Namakkal. However he too not sure of the price range, just said both will be in same price bracket.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:58   #952
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accomodation @ Namakkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Please find the rates for Nala Hotels

Standard: Rs. 1299+taxes
Grand: Rs. 1499+taxes
Deluxe: Rs. 1999+taxes

All rates are for double occupancy. (Extra bed: Rs. 250 I guess)
They offer some 10-15% corporate discount as well.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:39   #953
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for accommodation for a night between Salem and Coimbator on 24th May. Called up Hotel Chennis, Perundurai but they are full. My plan is to start from Bangalore (Brookefields) at 4:30 PM and stop for the by 10:00 PM and resume my journey on May 25th at 5:00 AM. My final destination is Vaikom and I don't prefer to drive in the night.

Any suggestions please. I am looking for a break because I have to drive back on May 27th, Sunday.
Old 21st May 2012, 19:59   #954

We were planning a trip to Bandipur. The top resort choices were Jungle lodges and Tusker Trails. Can anyone please share their experiences with these options. Are there more decent option other than these two. Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:29   #955
BHPian

Guys, I need a decent serviced apartment for about 20 days from 16th June onwards. I'm looking for decent places in and around Whitefield, Marathalli, ORR area.

If you have come across any such decent serviced apartment/guest house, please let me know.
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:07   #956
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbeemers View Post
We were planning a trip to Bandipur. The top resort choices were Jungle lodges and Tusker Trails. Can anyone please share their experiences with these options. Are there more decent option other than these two. Any suggestions are welcome!
A friend mentioned Dhole's Den was good, he'd visited last year with family.

I have never stayed at a resort in Bandipur though I've been on the route several times on the way to other places like Ooty. Had lunch at Jungle Lodges once, that's a good place though not very big since it's in the forest area (I guess most hotels/resorts in Bandipur will be on a small area being inside the forest). If you're open to other nearby places, do consider Masinagudi as well, there are lots of resorts there too but maybe not the upmarket/expensive ones.
Not sure if this helps.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 21:36   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Guys, I need a decent serviced apartment for about 20 days from 16th June onwards. I'm looking for decent places in and around Whitefield, Marathalli, ORR area.

If you have come across any such decent serviced apartment/guest house, please let me know.
I just PMéd you contact details for a serviced apartment in Prestige Shantiniketan, a great landmark on Whitefield road. They have good rooms with compl. breakfast, wifi etc and I think the guests can avail common amenities of like gym and swimming pool.

The downside would be you need to make a visitor entry everytime at security gate and walk little inside the compound (but its beautiful garden)
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:01   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We were planning a trip to Bandipur. The top resort choices were Jungle lodges and Tusker Trails. Can anyone please share their experiences with these options.
I have not been to Tusker Trails so can not comment, however Jungle Lodges Bandipur is good and they are near the forest entry gate on Gundelpet - Ooty road (~1km before gate). This helps you if you want to take a trek to forest in the morning and also not much time is wasted in getting to the forest for safari.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 12:52   #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
A friend mentioned Dhole's Den was good, he'd visited last year with family.

If you're open to other nearby places, do consider Masinagudi as well, there are lots of resorts there too but maybe not the upmarket/expensive ones.
Not sure if this helps.
We have been to Masinagudi couple of times hence this time to Bandipur for the wildlife experience hence looking for a resort closest to the national park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I have not been to Tusker Trails so can not comment, however Jungle Lodges Bandipur is good and they are near the forest entry gate on Gundelpet - Ooty road (~1km before gate). This helps you if you want to take a trek to forest in the morning and also not much time is wasted in getting to the forest for safari.
We had a good experience at other Jungle lodges such as Galibore and Doddamakali but the Bandipur one is generally heavily booked. Hence exploring other options or else have to go back there.
Old 25th May 2012, 18:35   #960
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have been to Masinagudi couple of times hence this time to Bandipur for the wildlife experience hence looking for a resort closest to the national park.
We had a good experience at other Jungle lodges such as Galibore and Doddamakali but the Bandipur one is generally heavily booked. Hence exploring other options or else have to go back there.
So you can give Masinagudi a miss and try something in Bandipur (Dhole's Den is in Bandipur inside the forest). A quick check on the net yielded some more in Bandipur like The Serai and Windflower - you may want to try these too.
Yes, almost all the Jungle Lodges properties are good.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks