Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 11:57   #811
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Chitradurg (KA)

We stopped at hotel Naveen Regency (they have a website too, google please) en route to Madikeri (from Pune) a fortnight ago. It's right on the highway on RHS if one is going towards Bangalore. One has to take service road to cross over. A very nice place to stay, with restaurant (Veg/Non-Veg/Bar) so you do not have to venture out for meals. They also have a separate veg breakfast hotel open during morning time.

The decor is contemporary and it is clean and maintained. Service is prompt and restaurant pricing quite reasonable. Plenty of parking for personal vehicles and a big garden for kids to play in.

Deluxe Non-A/C room was approx 1100. Highly recommended.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 13th February 2012 at 12:07.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:05   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Chitradurg (KA)

We stopped at hotel Naveen Regency (they have a website too, google please) en route to Madikeri (from Pune) a fortnight ago.
The best hotel in Chitradurga as of now. Good VFM.

If you are staying in Chitradurga, dont forget to eat mouth watering Masala Dosa in Lakshmi Bhavan close to the fort. It is just two KMs from Naveen and locals will guide you
Old 14th February 2012, 19:55   #813
BHPian

Recently we went to Kerala for a short visit and stayed in the below hotel

Hotel Nandana @ Guruvayur, very near to the Temple. Cost is around 500+Tax for Non-AC room.

River Side Retreat Homestay @ Alleppey around 50 Km from Kochi. Cottage rate was 1500/- per day (double). 9447463340. Neat and clean place to stay and surrounded by back water. Food was avg.

riversideretreat.com

View from the boat.

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-kerala-220-small.jpg

Approach to the Homestay
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-kerala-107-small.jpg
Old 14th February 2012, 20:29   #814
Team-BHP Support

The most amazing place at Guruvayur which I found was Kanoos Residency.
Very very comfortable rooms under 2000/-/ Of course price is high, but the rooms were very very nice.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:47   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Creative,

Check out this

www.greendalestay.com

Heard good reviews. Fabulous location. Some BHPians have stayed here.

You can also look this nice website for more options in Chikkamagalur, Coorg, Tirthahalli.

www.travelmalnad.com
Thanks a lot Sir. Shared it with friends.

Any BHPians here know if there's a cottage that we can get for 3-4K per day with 2 rooms in it? Please let me know ASAP.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:30   #816
Senior - BHPian

Greendale is very good place with new rooms and tasty food. Recently my relatives visited and liked it a lot. We visit this place regularly as well. :: Green Dale Holiday Home :: come touch the Sky

Around Sirsi we tried recently ARECA VALLEY which is awesome and the best tasty veg. food I had till date.

I know both home stay personally, I would be happy to help tbhp members if they need more information. I suggest contact them directly and utilize the best experience you are looking for.

Ravi.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd March 2012 at 17:43. Reason: As per your reported post.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 03:31   #817
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Need a safe and clean accomodation at Chennai for 1 night (26th feb) for a single female.
Should have dining hall attached so that she doesnt have to go out for her dinner.
Budget rs 4000/5000.
Years back stayed at hotel Residency in T.Nagar.Is it still good?Has the surroudings become well populated?
Thanks
Regards
Old 20th February 2012, 10:01   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Need a safe and clean accomodation at Chennai for 1 night (26th feb) for a single female.
Should have dining hall attached so that she doesnt have to go out for her dinner.
Budget rs 4000/5000.
Years back stayed at hotel Residency in T.Nagar.Is it still good?Has the surroudings become well populated?
Thanks
Regards
Check Hotel Savera in Chennai. Their rack rate is Rs. 6000+taxes.
SAVERA HOTEL,
146, Dr.Radhakrishnan Road,
Chennai – 600004

My company gets some corporate discount in this hotel, and in some other Chennai hotels. Please PM me if you wish to know more

Mods: I am not associated with any hotel, nor making any profit out of this If you find it against forum policy, kindly delete.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 19:09   #819
BANNED

I am going to Jaipur - I am looking for hotels in the 1000-2000 range. Main criteria is cleanliness. I am not planning to book in advance, so let me know which area I should search for hotels in and names of few hotels in the area.
Old 21st February 2012, 11:44   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for decent hotels in North Goa? Will be there from tomorrow till sunday.

Also, appreciate if inputs come in for good places to eat in North and South Goa?
Old 21st February 2012, 12:16   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any recommendations for decent hotels in North Goa? Will be there from tomorrow till sunday.

Also, appreciate if inputs come in for good places to eat in North and South Goa?
Try out Cavala in Baga. www.cavala.com Excellent place with good food and VFM. Close to beach as well.

If you want good Goan cuisine try it in Ritz Hotel in Panjim as well as iconic Panjim inn again in Panjim.

If in South Goa you can try Goan dishes in iconic Longuinhos in Madgaon town. Also Domnic's in Benaulim beach - beach shack - is excellent.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:22   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Stay in Cavala. Cavala Hotels (beach access is about 100-150 mtrs)

Or if you're budget can go higher, go to La calypso right opposite to it for direct beach access. La Calypso, Goa for a memorable vacation.

Food joints. Well there's one food join called Mama's shack/kitchen around varca where you get awesome sea-food. then for english breakfast there's Britto's in north goa near cavala and la calypso. Other than that, rent a bike and keep exploring. I would also ask you to stop by at one bakery around Colva. (Forgot the name and exact location)
Old 21st February 2012, 12:23   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Fauji. Forgot to mention budget is 1.5K to 2K per night, Will Cavala fit in that budget? Cavala is my favorite place for a nice chilled out evening party but, never stayed there. Isnt parking an issue there as its in that small lane and towards a bend?

Also, thanks for reminding about Longuinhos, been a long time that I been there.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:30   #824
BHPian

Need some pointers from fellow T-BHPians for decent accommodation(3 days) in Mudumalai (near Theppakadu preferably). Accommodation is for family, so security is important. Also, secure parking space is required.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:30   #825
BHPian

Anyone here been to Natrue Craft Homestay Nature Craft Home Stay Chikmagalur District, Karnataka or Valley of the birds Home | Valley Of Birds Home Stay, Kemmangundi, Chikmagalur in Chikamagalur? How would you rate your experience? And suggest some places around Chikamagalur for authentic Malnad food. Or well, anything that's super yummy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks