Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 09:44   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accomodation en route Karad - Kokrud - Ambeghat - Ratnagiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Day 2 will be spent around Ratnagiri, and on Night 2 we want to move closer to Karad/Satara than Ratnagiri. So Night 2 accomodation should be ideally around 3-4 hrs from Pune.
If you are looking for accommodation in Karad, then Hotel Pankaj Executive is a good option, right on NH4.

Hotel Pankaj Executive, Hotel in Karad, Satara, NH4 : INDIA

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st October 2011, 11:45   #737
BHPian

Quote:
We are travelling the route Pune - Karad - Kokrud - Ambeghat - Ratnagiri a few days from now and are looking for accommodation along this route. The travel is for three days and stay required for two nights.

The family will be six adults, a senior citizen and two kids (toddlers), so access to civilization would be immensely helpful. No remote areas.

The rooms should be clean and decent and the service should be good. If there's no lunch/dinner served, we would also like a good (veg) hotel nearby. The accommodation should preferably be on ground floor, or else have an elevator. Power round the clock, and AC not a must but nice to have.

For Night 1, the accommodation should be reachable in about 7-8 hrs max from Pune. Since we shall be travelling around Ratnagiri, we want to shorten that travel as much as possible, however more than eight hours a day is ruled out.

Day 2 will be spent around Ratnagiri, and on Night 2 we want to move closer to Karad/Satara than Ratnagiri. So Night 2 accomodation should be ideally around 3-4 hrs from Pune.
Another suggestion is to look at few resorts near Amba Ghat say something like Pawakhind Resort Home_Page or Amba Resort. This can be reached with about 6 hours drive from Pune.

Also, can you please update us on the Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur road condition after your journey?

take care and drive safely
Old 31st October 2011, 11:54   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For Night 1, the accommodation should be reachable in about 7-8 hrs max from Pune. Since we shall be travelling around Ratnagiri, we want to shorten that travel as much as possible, however more than eight hours a day is ruled out.
From Pune, you will reach to Ratnagiri within 8 hours by the route you metioned.
Better stay at Ratnagiri itself.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:00   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you are looking for accommodation in Karad, then Hotel Pankaj Executive is a good option, right on NH4.

Hotel Pankaj Executive, Hotel in Karad, Satara, NH4 : INDIA

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Another suggestion is to look at few resorts near Amba Ghat say something like Pawakhind Resort Home_Page or Amba Resort. This can be reached with about 6 hours drive from Pune.

Also, can you please update us on the Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur road condition after your journey?

take care and drive safely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
From Pune, you will reach to Ratnagiri within 8 hours by the route you metioned.
Better stay at Ratnagiri itself.
Thanks all of you for the suggestions. I shall pass this info onto our accomodation management team

I shall surely update on the route taken and the road conditions once the journey is over.

Ashish, any idea if the road towards Lanja is as good as the road towards Ratnagiri? From the Google Maps I find that after Sakharpa, the road branches out towards Lanja and goes through Lanja. If this road is 'motorable' our itinerary would complete a sort of loop, from Sakharpa to Ratnagiri, from there to Purnagad and from there to Lanja (via Devi Hasol), or the other way round.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:12   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after Sakharpa, the road branches out towards Lanja and goes through Lanja. If this road is 'motorable' our itinerary would complete a sort of loop, from Sakharpa to Ratnagiri, from there to Purnagad and from there to Lanja (via Devi Hasol), or the other way round.
Yeah, there is road to lanja from sakharpa but i am not aware about road condition.
Generally, in konkan area, the inetrnal roads are narrow but in good condition.
Better to check it locally.
Anything special at purnagad other than the fort?
Once i went to purnagad fort but road to the fort is so bad that i had reversed back halfway.
Ganeshgule temple near pawas is also famous.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:14   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Pune - Karad - Kokrud - Ratnagiri is 350 km, 6 Hours.
You will not need to stay overnight anywhere en route, unless you want to.

If you want to stick to city life and all the facilities, you can stay in Pune and then directly in Ratnagiri.

Amba ghat gets good amount of fog from late evening to morning throught. If this trip is a family setup, try crossing this section in the daylight, but still have wipers and fog lamps in good condition just in case you get delayed somewhere and have to cross in the late evening/night.

As people have mentioned, Hotel Pankaj looks like a decent place (we have taken food brakes there) and Pavankhind has a typical Puneri website :-), if you stay at any of these places, do upload feedback for all of us.

The IOC peteol pump at the underpass you will have to take @5km after Karad to go to Malkapur/Kokrud is decent. I have had good experience with both petrol and diesel at this pump. The next good one on this route is at Hatkhamba - Damodar Shivram and Co.

Have a good trip.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:11   #742
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

I need ac accommodation for two adults for one night at kanyakumari in the year-end.

Suggestions pl.

Last edited by skdking : 31st October 2011 at 17:13.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:38   #743
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I need ac accommodation for two adults for one night at kanyakumari in the year-end. Suggestions pl.
My recommendation: Vivekananda Kendra. For details, visit here.

Old 1st November 2011, 10:19   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Anything special at purnagad other than the fort?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Amba ghat gets good amount of fog from late evening to morning throught. If this trip is a family setup, try crossing this section in the daylight, but still have wipers and fog lamps in good condition just in case you get delayed somewhere and have to cross in the late evening/night.

The IOC peteol pump at the underpass you will have to take @5km after Karad to go to Malkapur/Kokrud is decent. I have had good experience with both petrol and diesel at this pump. The next good one on this route is at Hatkhamba - Damodar Shivram and Co.
Thanks both for the suggestions.

Ashish, we are actually visiting the Sun temple, Kanakaditya at Kasheli, followed by the Mahankali temple at Adiura (Adivare), and then the Aryadurga temple at Devi Hasol. From the google maps you can see this route actually turns into a loop if you go via the Ratnagiri - Purnagad road into Kasheli, or the other way round if you go via Lanja, hence the query on Lanja.

Anand, I shall keep in mind the advice on Ambaghat and the fog.

We are travelling in a hired vehicle (tempo traveller), and how I wish I had the moolah to buy the Force One! The perfect vehicle for such a journey, plus I would have got a chance to drive too!

I shall try and make a brief travelogue and post it here.
Old 1st November 2011, 14:45   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks both for the suggestions.

Ashish, we are actually visiting the Sun temple, Kanakaditya at Kasheli, followed by the Mahankali temple at Adiura (Adivare), and then the Aryadurga temple at Devi Hasol. From the google maps you can see this route actually turns into a loop if you go via the Ratnagiri - Purnagad road into Kasheli, or the other way round if you go via Lanja, hence the query on Lanja.

We are travelling in a hired vehicle (tempo traveller), and how I wish I had the moolah to buy the Force One! The perfect vehicle for such a journey, plus I would have got a chance to drive too!

I shall try and make a brief travelogue and post it here.

It is better to stay in Ratnagiri itself. If you are ready to splurge there is a good beach resort right on the Bhatye beach. You can also stay at Kohinoor Samudra.You can also stay at Pawas (between ratnagiri and adivare)which has decent family run accomodations. The current road contion between sakharpa and lanja is bad. You can use the alternate route via Vatul to reach Rajapur and then proceed to adivare. No reasons to worry about Amba ghat. It is the best ghat road in Maharashtra and also very scenic.
Old 1st November 2011, 18:17   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Oh...this reminds me of the numerous kokan trips from my childhood - when we used to travel in a hired vehicle or ST bus and I always wanted to be the driver but obviously could not be! And that's one single reason why I never want my childhood back, hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
You can also stay at Kohinoor Samudra.

No reasons to worry about Amba ghat. It is the best ghat road in Maharashtra and also very scenic.
Yes, Kohinoor Samudra is very scenic, never stayed there but always admired it when I traveled on that road. But looks like an expensive place.

Staying in Pawas - yes good option, I like the informal homely accomodation, but last time I visited Pawas, there were infinite mosquitoes and huge ones. I killed more than 100 in ten minutes with my hands red in blood and still they were pouring in. It will be good to carry some mosquito repellant, bottles of Hit! and those low smoke mosquito coils. If you are going in mini-bus, you can also carry nets. In fact I always carry this stuff - has helped me on countless trips.

The road in Amba ghat is no reason to worry, surely. It's quite broad and the curves are easy unlike many other kokan ghats which test the driver's skill at a higher level. The point is fog which takes many novice guys with a surprize. And these hired vehicles - they are so miserably maintained, in many cases - bald tyres, worn out wipers, the lesser said the better.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st November 2011 at 18:19.
Old 1st November 2011, 19:54   #747
BHPian

Bangalore here I come!

Dear members,

Our gang of 5 intends to make a trip to bangalore on 4th and 5th of november, for a conference which is at taj vivanta yeshwanthpur.

Dilemma is - we want to stay in someplace which is not too far from the city hotspots nor too far away from the conference venue (so as to avoid getting fleeced royally by the auto ricks) . Could you all suggest some good places at reasonable rates?. We are 3 guys and 2 gals, and therefore , a women friendly/ family atmosphere would be preferred.

Please help us out, as we have to make urgent bookings. Also do mention room tariffs if you are aware of them.

And on a side note ;-) . Could you also suggest some good places to eat?
Old 1st November 2011, 22:42   #748
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
Dear members,

Our gang of 5 intends to make a trip to bangalore on 4th and 5th of november, for a conference which is at taj vivanta yeshwanthpur.

Dilemma is - we want to stay in someplace which is not too far from the city hotspots nor too far away from the conference venue (so as to avoid getting fleeced royally by the auto ricks) . Could you all suggest some good places at reasonable rates?. We are 3 guys and 2 gals, and therefore , a women friendly/ family atmosphere would be preferred.

Please help us out, as we have to make urgent bookings. Also do mention room tariffs if you are aware of them.

And on a side note ;-) . Could you also suggest some good places to eat?
Hotel Seagrape Gardens is a very good place on Residency Road.There are hardly any good hotels at Yeshwantpur,so the best option would be to stay in the city center areas(MG Road/Brigade/Residency Rd)and travel to Vivanta Y'pur.Seagrape has a DBL occupancy tariff of approx INR 3500.

For more details,you could refer to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-rates-50.html

Mods,suggest that this thread be merged with the Accomodation & Rates thread.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:46   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
...And these hired vehicles - they are so miserably maintained, in many cases - bald tyres, worn out wipers, the lesser said the better.
The vehicle we are getting is about two months old and has done only one trip till now, so ours is going to be the second trip in it. If this is really true, then the vehicle condition should be no worry.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:04   #750
BHPian

Re: Bangalore here I come!

I stay close to Taj Vivanta. So, I suggest you can try staying at Hotel Parijath that is about 3 km from Taj and also right next to Yeshwantpur flyover.

This means you are not really far from the CBD either. It takes about 20 mins to reach MG road from hotel Parijath in normal traffic conditions.

You are free to buzz me anytime if you need any further info as I stay very close to Hotel Parijath. Please google for more details on this hotel

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks