Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 12:03   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Hotel Vinayak is near the railway station, buddy! (which is very well inside the city)

If you are willing to enter the city, there a number of good options, in and around Gandhipuram. Decide on whether you will be entering the city or not.

I suggested KR residency because, it's in the outskirts and it's just a 5~10 min drive to the bypass.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:15   #557
Senior - BHPian

Why don;t you go on to Palakkad and stay at Hotel Srichakra there - right on NH47 (no need to enter town) and not unreasonable. Check their website.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:36   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Why don;t you go on to Palakkad and stay at Hotel Srichakra there - right on NH47 (no need to enter town) and not unreasonable. Check their website.
Yes. I also recommend this option. I have once stayed in Srichakra and it is good .

Edit:- At what time you are planning to leave Bangalore? and whats your final destination?
At what time you are planning to break at night? I am asking this because, if you are leaving late from Bangalore, it is better you stay in Salem and take Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi route to avoid the under construction mess between Chengapalli-Avanashi-Coimbatore.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 9th May 2011 at 12:44.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:42   #559
BHPian

guys,
srichakra is a mess and a nonsense hotel ,compared to what they claim.
I was there on last 6th May night on my way to Cochin.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:05   #560
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Kollur (near Mookambika temple)? Need 3 double rooms. Please suggest hotels other than Lalithambika guest house.
Thanks.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:56   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Kollur (near Mookambika temple)? Need 3 double rooms. Please suggest hotels other than Lalithambika guest house.
Thanks.
Bina Residency (08254-258258) on the way to Lalithambika has better facilities than Lalithambika Guest house. AC Rooms too. Book in advance as I think this is the season time.

Would actually recommend hotels in Kundapur (40kms from Kollur) or Udupi with better facilities. Hotel Sharon at Kundapur is a nice hotel.
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 14:06   #562
Senior - BHPian

We stayed recently at the Rama Heritage in Nashik. Cleanest hotel room/ bathroom I have seen in India by a far distance. Its a steal at 1500 a night; they dont charge anything for children below 8 and breakfast is included.
A few toiletries are provided too (toothbrush/ paste/ soap/ shampoo/ comb!). Parking is a bit tight (more due to some two wheelers) but the security guard is helpful.
I would highly recommend this place for visitors to Nashik.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 14:17   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Bina Residency (08254-258258) on the way to Lalithambika has better facilities than Lalithambika Guest house. AC Rooms too. Book in advance as I think this is the season time.

Would actually recommend hotels in Kundapur (40kms from Kollur) or Udupi with better facilities. Hotel Sharon at Kundapur is a nice hotel.
Thanks very much for your suggestion. However guests accompanying me prefer to stay in the vicinity of Temple as they wanted to for early morning puja (Nirmalyam?) etc. I have stayed few occassions in Lalithambika guest house and their A/c Rooms are very good and large ones (Last time they charged Rs.600 per room).

Bina Residencey: is this one just to left (when we enter into Lalithambika)side of the lalithambika guest house or is it on the way to lalithambika?
Old 9th May 2011, 14:25   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Thanks very much for your suggestion. However guests accompanying me prefer to stay in the vicinity of Temple as they wanted to for early morning puja (Nirmalyam?) etc. I have stayed few occassions in Lalithambika guest house and their A/c Rooms are very good and large ones (Last time they charged Rs.600 per room).

Bina Residencey: is this one just to left (when we enter into Lalithambika)side of the lalithambika guest house or is it on the way to lalithambika?
Hotel Beena Residency is on the way to Lalithambika Guest house. Its on the road where the parking place for the temple is. Just a 10min walk from the temple. Prices are slightly high compared to other hotels here. About 1K for AC Double
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 19:42   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Edit:- At what time you are planning to leave Bangalore? and whats your final destination?
At what time you are planning to break at night? I am asking this because, if you are leaving late from Bangalore, it is better you stay in Salem and take Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi route to avoid the under construction mess between Chengapalli-Avanashi-Coimbatore.
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.. We plan to leave BLR by 8pm, so was hoping to reach CBE by around 1am. Final destination is Kottayam. Salem too is a decent option, so will check for hotels there. Don't want to push on to Palakkad as then the temptation to just continue is too great!
Old 9th May 2011, 20:01   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.. We plan to leave BLR by 8pm, so was hoping to reach CBE by around 1am. Final destination is Kottayam. Salem too is a decent option, so will check for hotels there. Don't want to push on to Palakkad as then the temptation to just continue is too great!
I dont think you would be able to make it to CBE by 1am with a 8pm departure from Blore(unless ofcourse if you are staying on Hosur Road),else it could take you around 7hours+ to reach the L&T bypass.Salem would be the easiest bet for you.You should leave Salem by 6am,you could stop by at the Saravana Bhavan(not the original one)on the L&T bypass for breakfast.The advantage is that you wouldnt encounter any traffic in and around Avinashi.We usually stay at GRT Grand and leave for Thrissur by 6am from Salem and we reach Thrissur by 1130 with the breakfast stop.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 20:13   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
I too strongly doubt that you will be able to do it cbe by 1 AM. Salem would be the safest bet to break. And also you can consider doing Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Vadakkencheri.

Two weeks back I left Salem at 6 AM and encountered huge traffic between Avanashi and Cbe (on the way to Thrissur) and also the under construction road was a pain.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 14:32   #568
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at a place called Mango Suites in Bangalore.Reccomended for stopovers.Room service was terribly slow,but excellent rooms and amenities.Located in Koramangala 4th Block just off the Kamat Swaad restaurant.Tariff in the range of INR 2500-3000 for double occupancy. Mango Suites - Express Business Hotels
Old 11th May 2011, 14:48   #569
Senior - BHPian

This time, I discovered the pleasures of staying at Woody's, the old eating/boarding place in JP Nagar where you can still get a single-occupancy AC room for Rs 1,400
Old 16th May 2011, 12:05   #570
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Trivandrum for couple of days stay.

Any review on Varikatt Heritage Guest House.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks