Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 21:11   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Ampere Bhai, I think he was asking for Hotel Chennis @ Perundurai not Hotel Cenneys at Salem.
Thanks CL for pointing that out. Sorry Rex for that slip. I will ask mods to delete that post!
Old 18th January 2011, 22:38   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Ranjit,

Not sure whether you'll be able to help out on this old posting. Do you remember where exactly we need to exit NH47 for Chennis? Though I have seen the hotel name on the sign boards on NH47, could not really figure out the exit point. Is there a landmark or exact kilometer mark (say, from Salem) where we need to exit?

If not Ranjit, somebody else have this information?

Regards
Rex
The hotel comes approximately after 60-70 kms from Salem,you will not miss it as there are clear sign boards approximately 10-12kms before the turn-off advertising the distance to the hotel and the boards are placed every 3-5kms till you reach the hotel.you will need to get off the nh47 and not the take flyover at perundurai.Dont worry,the boards clearly mark the turn off to the hotel and you wouldnt miss it.
Old 19th January 2011, 10:33   #438
Senior - BHPian

Last week stayed at following hotels:

Hotel Arcadia, Kottayam
Tariff: Rs. 2200+taxes (I got a corporate rate of Rs. 1500+taxes for double occupancy)
This hotel located very close to KSRTC bus station and 16 kms from Kumarakom.

Rooms are very clean and good. It has a swimming pool at 10th floor and can have 360 degree view of the town as this is the highest building in the town. Food is slightly expensive.

Hotel Priyadarshini Park, Chennai
Tariff: Rs. 2000+taxes (15% corporate discount) for double occupancy with compl. breakfast.
The advantage is the location on mount road. The only issue was the loud music from basement (?) hall.
The rooms are good but the service is so so.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:11   #439
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a safe and neat sea-side resort in Mahabalipuram ? Ones with direct beach access would be highly preferred. Safety aspect is important since it is for a group of college students (majority girls) who are planning a 1 day trip there in Feb.

Budget 2 to 2.5K (May be upto 3K if they allow 3 people in a room)

Thanks in advance..
Old 10th February 2011, 14:05   #440
BHPian

Dormitories in Diveagar?

Hi, we are planning to go for a team event to DIveagar/harihareshwar. I know of homestays there, but we are looking for dormitories/halls which can accommodate around 50-60 of us. I know that it is difficult to get one to accommodate so many, so even a few in Diveagar would help.
Any contacts in Diveagar for the same?
thanks in advance.
Old 16th February 2011, 19:57   #441
BHPian

Last week, I visited Kukke Subramanya and stayed for 2 days.

Hotel Senani Residency,

I would say it was a poor decision on my part to stay there. The hotel is far from temple and there is no food facility or better to say, no tea/coffee facility also. It is located in a narrow lane and very tough to locate it.

Staff especially the manager is very irresponsible & don't know how to talk to customer especially the ladies.
I would suggest everyone not to opt for this hotel & better go for other hotel which are near to temple. Most of the hotel in Kukke are near to temple except this one.

If you don't have any option in Kukke, you can opt for this hotel. Most of the time, this hotel is not occupied. When we stayed there, there were only 6 rooms occupied on a weekend when almost all hotel in kukke was fully booked.

Other hotel which you can opt when you stay in Kukke
SLR Residency - Good Facility in the hotel
Anugraha Lodge - Very near to temple, good place to stay

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 16th February 2011 at 20:02.
Old 16th February 2011, 20:21   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Any suggestions for a safe and neat sea-side resort in Mahabalipuram ? Ones with direct beach access would be highly preferred. Safety aspect is important since it is for a group of college students (majority girls) who are planning a 1 day trip there in Feb.

Budget 2 to 2.5K (May be upto 3K if they allow 3 people in a room)

Thanks in advance..
Sorry for later response not sure whether you have planned this trip already.

You can try with Sea Breeze resort in Mahabalipuram, it is a sea-side resort with direct beach access. It would also fit your budget.

Location - Behind Moon Rakers hotel, Ottavada street, Mahabalipuram

I have been to this place many times and I strongly recommend this place to you.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:33   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Last week, I visited Kukke Subramanya and stayed for 2 days.

Hotel Senani Residency,

I would say it was a poor decision on my part to stay there. The hotel is far from temple and there is no food facility or better to say, no tea/coffee facility also. It is located in a narrow lane and very tough to locate it.

Staff especially the manager is very irresponsible & don't know how to talk to customer especially the ladies.
I would suggest everyone not to opt for this hotel & better go for other hotel which are near to temple. Most of the hotel in Kukke are near to temple except this one.

If you don't have any option in Kukke, you can opt for this hotel. Most of the time, this hotel is not occupied. When we stayed there, there were only 6 rooms occupied on a weekend when almost all hotel in kukke was fully booked.

Other hotel which you can opt when you stay in Kukke
SLR Residency - Good Facility in the hotel
Anugraha Lodge - Very near to temple, good place to stay
I was with Vinay for this trip, it was a horrible experience. More than the facilities it was the rude behavior of the manager (exp with ladies) that was shocking. Unfortunately all other places except this was full that day and we didn't have a choice of moving out. My advice to all members is stay away from Senani Residency at any cost.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:04   #444
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at two hotels at Erattupetta (gateway to Vagamon) and Palai.

Erattupetta, it was Finch Hotels, new three star hotel. All the facilities are good but Rs. 2000+taxes for a place like Erattupetta is on upper side.

Palai, it was Hotel Maharani. Rs. 1000 for A/c and Rs. 5** for Non A/c. The rooms are spacious (about 350 sq.ft) and value for money.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:29   #445
Senior - BHPian

OT.

If you ever happen to visit Pondichery, please avoid this lousy place called 'Soorya Beach Resort'.

My experience was so horrible and the other guests staying at this lousy place had the same opinion.This place could spoil your entire holiday mood.
Old 17th February 2011, 11:24   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
OT.

If you ever happen to visit Pondichery, please avoid this lousy place called 'Soorya Beach Resort'.

My experience was so horrible and the other guests staying at this lousy place had the same opinion.This place could spoil your entire holiday mood.
I booked Lotus Bay View at Pondicherry @ Rs. 2720 nett for sea facing room.
Will share the feedback soon.
Old 17th February 2011, 11:56   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I booked Lotus Bay View at Pondicherry @ Rs. 2720 nett for sea facing room.
Will share the feedback soon.
Great,looking forward to hearing from you.

BTW-The best place i know for stay in Pondichery is a small colonel family residence building converted to a guest house near ashram called Le Hibiscus for 2k/night.

Hotel Les Hibiscus | OLD CHARM GUEST HOUSE | Pondicherry Hotel | Pondicherry palace | Pondicherry rest house | Pondicherry Lodges |
Old 17th February 2011, 13:52   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Sorry for later response not sure whether you have planned this trip already.

You can try with Sea Breeze resort in Mahabalipuram, it is a sea-side resort with direct beach access. It would also fit your budget.

Location - Behind Moon Rakers hotel, Ottavada street, Mahabalipuram

I have been to this place many times and I strongly recommend this place to you.
Thanks, but your message came a week too late My daughter and her friends did the trip last Sunday/Monday.

They stayed at Silver Sands, which is about 3 kms from Mamallapuram town (off ECR towards Chennai), and were very happy with the facilities in the resort. It seems the rooms (cottages actually) were clean and spacious with good airconditioning, and it cost them approx. 2.5K (weekday rates). The only negative she mentioned was the absence of a pool (They do have a villa that has a private a pool, but it comes in a much higher price bracket) and food which was rather overpriced (unless you have your own transport, it is difficult to go to the town for dinner).
Old 17th February 2011, 18:02   #449
J.Ravi

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Raya's, Kumbakonam yesterday. I paid Rs 950+taxes for a standard AC double room. A big and secured car-parking facility at the back of the hotel is an added advantage. The hotel is located at the heart of Kumbakonam. I would highly recommend this hotel.

For details of this hotel, visit their website: :: Welcome to Hotel Raya's ::

Old 17th February 2011, 18:08   #450
BHPian

St.James Beach Resort, Pondichery

5kms before pondichery city, has direct access to beach and very gud swimming pool, rates range from 2-3.5 k, good facilities. Worth trying once. Manager name is ayyapan i guess. Decent guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks