Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 18:15   #346
BHPian

Accomodation at Srisailam

We could not get APTDC guest house and we had to settle for Srisailam's Devasthanam room. There are numerous options from a non ac room to individual cottages. However when we reached on the Friday evening, due heavy rush during the Ramazan weekend, we were told that nothing is available.

After discussions with a senior official there we could get an AC room. Rates are very nominal : Rs. 400/ for a non ac and Rs. 800 for an AC room. The amenities are close to zero, blankets are pretty old, no additional bedsheet etc. Finally we went out and bought a couple of bedcovers however rooms are clean and very spacious, rest rooms are spic and span, the view is awesome. This particular guesthouse was located between Temple, Ghats and the rope way!
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-photo.jpg  

Old 9th October 2010, 18:00   #347
BHPian

I need some information on Budget Accomodation for family stay at Kannur, Kerala. I am visiting the town for work and will be staying there for around 8 days.

Thanks,
Old 9th October 2010, 23:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I need some information on Budget Accomodation for family stay at Kannur, Kerala. I am visiting the town for work and will be staying there for around 8 days.

Thanks,
There is HOTEL GREEN PARK RESIDENCY almost opposite to Kannur Railway Station which I would recommend. Very well maintained and clean rooms starting from Rs.800. These were the rates when a visited Kannur almost a year back. Very good restaurant and ample parking place.
Old 10th October 2010, 00:36   #349
BHPian

Hi,
Need some information.
I am looking for a weekend trip from Hyderabad, 3 days. Some good resort/ beach kinda place should do... Basically good for a couple to spend some time...

I do not have my car with me here, so have to rely on other means of transport.

thanks for the help...
Old 10th October 2010, 09:48   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
There is HOTEL GREEN PARK RESIDENCY.
@dreamdiesel: Thanks. The Hotel is clean and good. Infact in my last visit to Kannur, I stayed there. However, this time I want to stay a little away from the towns busy life (if possible).
Old 10th October 2010, 13:29   #351

I had gone to Waynad recently and stayed at Banasura Hill Resort. The property was amazing but I did not prefer the food.

The rooms were huge could easily accommodate 4-5 adults. The entire resort has a fresh smell of wet mud. There is a waterfall and also a tea estate in the premise of the resort. I personally had an amazing stay.

We paid Rs.3,500 for 4 adults without food. Food charges were extra.

I would suggest people to carry Maggi, Cup o noodles etc if they don't prefer Soouth Indian food.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:18   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
@dreamdiesel: Thanks. The Hotel is clean and good. Infact in my last visit to Kannur, I stayed there. However, this time I want to stay a little away from the towns busy life (if possible).
You can find (good)hotels only around the Railway station. A little away from Rly.stn could be Kamala International, Choice (Sea side hotel) etc. But these may not be budget accomodation for sure.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 11th October 2010, 14:12   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Hi,
Need some information.
I am looking for a weekend trip from Hyderabad, 3 days. Some good resort/ beach kinda place should do... Basically good for a couple to spend some time...

thanks for the help...
The closest option is Goa.There is a train from Kacheguda/a number of flights.

Plenty of options to stay depending on your budget.

The other option is Vizag,again trains/buses/flights available.Hotel options are limited.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:58   #354
BHPian

Hi Mac,

As Rajit mentioned, if budget is not a problem then it has to Goa, else Vizag. Araku Valley near Vizag will be in full bloom at this point of the year with the yello flowers and natural greenery everywhere.

You get very good accommodation at very good prices at Araku, Place is really beautiful. Unlike most of the places, it is not much crowded.

Suggesting this place because, here you can explore, beach, nature and other things at the same time.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Hi,
Need some information.

thanks for the help...
Old 16th October 2010, 23:47   #355
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Could someone let me know how good is Ginger hotel in Goa. Will be travelling there during the last week of Oct along with a kid.

-Rajesh
Old 17th October 2010, 10:06   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Could someone let me know how good is Ginger hotel in Goa. Will be travelling there during the last week of Oct along with a kid.

-Rajesh

I was there 3 weeks ago.

I strongly recommend Ginger Goa

Food is yummy. Rooms are Big enough and clean.

Just 0.5 kms from the Panjim Bus stand.

The price for a double room was Rs.1375/- I booked it half an hour before check-in and got a discount and price was Rs.935/-
Old 17th October 2010, 10:52   #357
Senior - BHPian

In addition to this,I think the only downside is that it is a self-service hotel,which means no room service etc,if your child is really small,then I would suggest staying in some of the other hotels in the same price range in the same vicinity.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:13   #358
Senior - BHPian

Sitara Grand at KPHB,offers a 20% exclusive discount for all TBHPIANs staying at their place.I guess it would be a good place for people travelling on NH9 or those coming from NH7(blr) and going to NH7(Nagpur).I happened to get talking with the owner and he was all excited on hearing about TBHP and agreed to extend these spl rates to tbhpians taking a stopover.I found the food also to be pretty good.Contact Person:Sukhdham/23152777 / 888.Apparently just mention to them TBhp during the booking.

Disclaimer:I am in no way related to the hotel or its running!!
Old 20th October 2010, 18:00   #359
BHPian

Hello,

Can somebody give me some info about budget hotels in the following places :

a) Salem
b) Krishnagiri
c) Dharmapuri
d) Perundurai
e) Madurai
f) Guruvayoor

The budget is upto 1200/- per night (max) - for a double room with decent food & parking. If accepting credit card, still the better.
Old 20th October 2010, 18:38   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
You can find (good)hotels only around the Railway station. A little away from Rly.stn could be Kamala International, Choice (Sea side hotel) etc. But these may not be budget accomodation for sure.
Adding to what Rajesh said, another option is Kairali Heritage near Kattampally. This is away from the town, near the backwaters. I have had food there, which was quite good. The resort is pretty well maintained. They arrange house boats as well. Then again, this is not a budget option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks