Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 10:46   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
The website quotes a price of 4900/- for single occupancy. Do they have car parking?
As I 'd mentioned in the post,do not go by the rates on their website,they usually charge around 2500-2800 for single occupancy.Yes parking available.I usually stop over at this place during my drives.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:02   #317
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Just for information (may be useful for some members )- I got offer from Maurya Rajadhani at Rs.2000/- per night (inclusive of taxes and breakfast) for an Executive club Room i.e only Rs.100 more than Hotel Pankaj. But I
Try this. You check the room and if you don't like what you see, can always revert back to Pankaj.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:37   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Try this. You check the room and if you don't like what you see, can always revert back to Pankaj.
+

Thanks.
In the meantime, I have asked one of my relative to go and see the hotel.
He told me that eventhough he never been in the hotel, but seen from outside -its a new hotel with very clean look and surroundings and many people visit the restaurent as there was general opinion that the food is good and tasty. The opinions are good.

Any way I have booked the room -lets see how it will be!
Old 25th June 2010, 11:20   #319
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Any way I have booked the room -lets see how it will be!
Except the location which is in a congested small road, by the looks of it in the web, you would not regret the stay, I feel.

Food could be relatively expensive, though, I think, as it is a 4 star hotel.

Will wait for your review.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:30   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Except the location which is in a congested small road, by the looks of it in the web, you would not regret the stay, I feel.

Food could be relatively expensive, though, I think, as it is a 4 star hotel.
Agree with Rajesh Sir.

@nairrk, I assume you do not need parking (traveling by train?). If that is the case, you could always walk to/from Statue junction. Statue is one of the most well connected areas of TVM. You could reach any other location easily from there - by auto/bus etc.

Maurya often have food festivals and these are highly rated.

Maurya Rajadhani is at the same place where Narayana Bhavan Hotel existed earlier. Now NB has shifted closer to Statue.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:14   #321
Senior - BHPian

@trrk - yes, the same opinion from my relative.

@sbraj - you are correct, I am not taking my car this time (it was planned to go by road -driving my car, but then changed due to rainy season), hence not worried about one way/parking etc.

I know the place ( this guys bought two nearby small hotels and constructed this big one). After this hotel, there is a small junction where one small lane goes to left (before the GH junction) and at that junction there are two homoeo dispenseries. I used to buy medicines from there. Ofcourse it was few years back. I still have roots in TVM but since I am not regularly travelling to TVM, there can be lot of changes etc hence need to check everytiime before I plan for a travel.

expenses - Hotel pankaj also very expensive (3 star hotel hence need to pay 12.6% tax on food also). Since I am one of their regular customer, they offered me 20% discount on room rent with free breakfast. Maurya Rajadhani also gave me a good rate (their regular rate for a executive club room is Rs. 2500 + 12.5% tax), whereas they offered me at Rs.2000 all inclusive (including tax and free breakfast). So even for a new customer, they are giving good discount (it works out to 29% or shade more) !
Old 1st July 2010, 10:33   #322
Senior - BHPian

@trrk
@sbraj
Just for your information - as planned I reached TVM on 27th evening and checked in Hotel Maurya Rajadhani.
Very nice and neat hotel, given very warm welcome.
front office staff's were very well mannered/friendly/ co-operative and even one of them (besides the attender) accompanied us to the room and then handed over the key to me.

Rooms are very neat and well furnished (I felt little small comparinig pankaj) and services were very prompt. All rooms have mini bar, some snacks (all chargeable)etc.

Food expenses were normal like in another 3 star hotel(with 12.6% tax on food items).
Roof top restaurent is beautiful and one will love to sit there to have some food
(complimentary breakfast was served there).

Overall a very good hotel and we enjoyed the stay.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:06   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rooms are very neat and well furnished (I felt little small comparinig pankaj) and services were very prompt. All rooms have mini bar, some snacks (all chargeable)etc.
Food expenses were normal like in another 3 star hotel(with 12.6% tax on food items).
Great to hear that the hotel turned out to be a good experience. I had only seen it from outside and heard of it.

Do you have some snaps of the rooms? What kind of cuisine is on offer at the restaurant? Do they have any parking area other than the front parking?
Old 1st July 2010, 11:28   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Great to hear that the hotel turned out to be a good experience. I had only seen it from outside and heard of it.

Do you have some snaps of the rooms? What kind of cuisine is on offer at the restaurant? Do they have any parking area other than the front parking?
+
I havent taken any photographs (it is there in their website -www.mauryarajadhani.com).
They have all kind of cuisine (Indian, continental, chinese and ofcourse some kerala specials like Kappa with fish curry, beef and chicken dishes prepared in kerala style etc).

Besides the front side, they do have some space behind the building. Valet parking is available hence no worry about parking the cars. (on 29th evening there was some conference and followed by dinner pary was going on and I have seen more than 20 cars, other than the usual ones parked there, came within a time limit of 10/15 minutes, and the ground staff managed all cars parked safely inside the hotel limit).
Old 1st July 2010, 20:13   #325
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
@trrk
Just for your information - as planned I reached TVM on 27th
Thanks for the update.

I normally don't have to stay in Trivandrum, but will try this if I have to stay!
Old 25th July 2010, 13:13   #326
BHPian

Sterling Resort - Munnar

I have got accommodation in Sterling Resorts, Munnar for the week before Deepavali.

Heard that it is about 20 kms from Munnar - that is OK for me.

What I'd like to know about this place are:
  • How good is this place on a scale of 10?
  • How about food?
  • Room quality?
  • Service?
  • Safety?
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th July 2010, 14:02   #327
Senior - BHPian

I guess I stayed there 2 years back, It is very good, food is bit costly not worth for that money but it was ok.

Location is beautiful. But it is 15-20km away from Munnar. We were travelling from kodaikanal to munnar so had made best utilization of staying there just for a night. If you visit exclusively only Munnar I suggest try homestay nearby which should be 1300/- per person.

Ravi.
Old 25th July 2010, 15:48   #328
Team-BHP Support

Please do note Sterlin/CM/Sienna Village are all located 22Km away from Munnar (at Chinnakanal) on the NH49 towards Adimali.
(In fact they are on the same road branched from NH49 )

Since its Diwali time, light can fade away pretty soon in the evening and it can be foggy. Please plan to budget this extra
distance of 22Km and be in your resort before evening. The route is not worth the risk in dark.

About stay options, I dont know about Sterlin or CM (others can comment), but had a very good experience at Sienna Village.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:08   #329
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I've got Sterling accommodation through RCI/CM so I'll be staying there.

Yes, I'll reach there by day time.

Would be happy to receive more info from folks who have stayed in Sterling recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Please do note Sterlin/CM/Sienna Village are all located 22Km away from Munnar (at Chinnakanal) on the NH49 towards Adimali.
(In fact they are on the same road branched from NH49 )

Since its Diwali time, light can fade away pretty soon in the evening and it can be foggy. Please plan to budget this extra
distance of 22Km and be in your resort before evening. The route is not worth the risk in dark.

About stay options, I dont know about Sterlin or CM (others can comment), but had a very good experience at Sienna Village.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I guess I stayed there 2 years back, It is very good, food is bit costly not worth for that money but it was ok.

Location is beautiful. But it is 15-20km away from Munnar. We were travelling from kodaikanal to munnar so had made best utilization of staying there just for a night. If you visit exclusively only Munnar I suggest try homestay nearby which should be 1300/- per person.

Ravi.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:52   #330
BANNED

Guys, Could someone suggest a good place to stay overnight in Hampi/Hospet area?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks