Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 15:10   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Accomodation - Hotel Ajanta, MG Road, Bangalore

Occassion - One of our cousin is getting married in June & we intend to do a bulk booking for about 1-2 days in this hotel.

Question - Has someone stayed here? How's the room service & ameneties? Is it advicable to book a room here. If not what're the alternatives I've in MG road for this?

Any help is highly appreciated. Tks.
Ajantha & Brindavan are both ancient relics on MG Road,surviving due to the sheer tariff rates that are on offer on MG Road..In terms of roomsthey are comparable to a railway station kind of lodging..Food is the yummiest there beyond a doubt.If you are used to seeing the modern kind of rooms and hotels,then you would be disappointed with these two.There are other hotels in the vicinity in the same budget if not slightly more.Ocea International is one that I can think of,decent place on Brigade Road(opp st.jospephs college),
Old 27th April 2010, 15:26   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does Brindavan have accomodation? I'm specifically looking for accomodation & accomodation only.
I think its only an eat-out. I am not sure.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think its only an eat-out. I am not sure.
Brindavan has rooms,albeit very run down.Comes under the category of hotels which have hot water for a few hours etc
Old 27th April 2010, 16:12   #274
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ranjit, you have clearly set the expectation in my mind as what to expect. Can you or Ampere or Ravi suggest something good to stay only at MG Road?

Actually our folks looked at Ajantha because of the marriage hall. So rooms & marriage hall at one place would be more convenient & this what they'd in mind.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:17   #275
Team-BHP Support

AArgee,

I am not very aware of hotels in that area. There are two I remember. One was Woodlands and other was Ballal Residency. They may be around 2-3K. Not been there for ages. You can check.

But these are the only hotels I know which sounded and looked like normal. Rest all seem very highend.

Woodlands is close to Mallaya hospital and not exactly on the MG Road.
Ballal is on Residency Road.

But again as I said, I am not sure of their current status.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:34   #276
BANNED

Accomadation : Ramanujams Lodging House
Address : 12/4, W.E.A., Karol Bagh,
Saraswathi Marg,
New Delhi 110 005.
Phone Nos : 25722938, 25766449, 25780868, 25780872
Tariff : Rs.2000/- Per day A/C room
Occassion : On the way to Manali from Chennai.
Good things : Homely stay, very near to Karolbagh market, very good South Indian filter coffee (Rs.15/- per cup), rooms and bathroom are maintained very clean.
Karolbagh Metro Station is 10 minutes away. From Lodge you can engage cycle rickshaws Rs.10/- for single person Rs.15/- for two.
Constraints : No parking space. You have park your vehicles in the road.
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-ramanujam.jpg  

Old 27th April 2010, 16:36   #277
J.Ravi

Quote:
Does Brindavan have accomodation? I'm specifically looking for accomodation & accomodation only.
Brindavan Hotel has both board and lodging. I am 100% sure. I have given the tariff range also in my previous posts.

Ajantha is also a good choice.

Apart from these two, you have a third choice in M G Road, viz., The Oberoi!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 27th April 2010 at 16:43.

Old 27th April 2010, 17:56   #278
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha, Ravi you're kidding right? Oberoi, you mean the real Oberoi? Well, I guess booking rooms for the entire family will be the budget of the marriage

But I guess, I'll go with what Ranjit says on Brindavan & Ajantha as I don't want to take any risk of embarassment in the family; I'll state the fact & let them decide as which hotel to book.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:11   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit, you have clearly set the expectation in my mind as what to expect. Can you or Ampere or Ravi suggest something good to stay only at MG Road?

Actually our folks looked at Ajantha because of the marriage hall. So rooms & marriage hall at one place would be more convenient & this what they'd in mind.
If your folks are willing to walk 1 Km from MG road then there can be multiple options. Actually MG road these days is not good option due to metro construction and portion from Trinity Circle to Mayo Hall is really bad for traffic ruling out easy access to Ajanta.

Check the Chevron at Infantry road this is actually walking distance from MG road beween Gem Plaza and Safina plaza.

The Chevron Hotel ~ Bangalore

Quote:
But I guess, I'll go with what Ranjit says on Brindavan & Ajantha as I don't want to take any risk of embarassment in the family; I'll state the fact & let them decide as which hotel to book.
Avoid both Brindavan and Ajanta and let me add MG road area itself if you are not keen on MG road.

Why don't you look at some of the serviced apartments in Bangalore with big hall for this marriage. There are lots of them in Koramangala at-least and thier are lots of places around for guests to hang out.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:28   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accomodation - Hotel Ajanta, MG Road, Bangalore

Question - Has someone stayed here? How's the room service & ameneties? Is it advicable to book a room here. If not what're the alternatives I've in MG road for this?
Both Brindavan and Ajantha are known to be decent hotels. I have stayed at both places (but that was 8 years back). At that time, they were neat.

MG Road area is a traffic mess due to the metro rail construction.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:47   #281
Senior - BHPian

Well, I've something to communicate clearly back to my folks. I really appreciate your inputs. Could you throw some light on serviced apartments? What's on my mind is a appartment with large hall where the marriage can be carried out with 1 or 2 vaccant flats. Is that right or something I need to learn about? Pls educate.

Thanks - Ravi, Ampere, Ranjit & Amit for your valuable inputs. I'll be calling my folks now & update them.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:33   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I've something to communicate clearly back to my folks. I really appreciate your inputs. Could you throw some light on serviced apartments? What's on my mind is a appartment with large hall where the marriage can be carried out with 1 or 2 vaccant flats. Is that right or something I need to learn about? Pls educate.

Thanks - Ravi, Ampere, Ranjit & Amit for your valuable inputs. I'll be calling my folks now & update them.
A slight correction in my previous post , The hotel next to Gem plaza on Infantory road is Monarch Luxor and they have jacked up their prices now WELCOME TO MONARCH LUXUR. about an year back they were quite affordable but call and find out as tariff given on net is usually on high side

Well a serviced apartment means a place where furnished rooms or studio apartments are provided with all sort of service ( cleaning , laundry etc) for guests on extended stay. Mostly professionals on work assignment stay in these places as they are better and cheaper then star Hotels in Bangalore. Bangalore these days is expensive then even Paris, Tokyo and London for business hotels due to demand and supply gap and prices shoot up around major events such as aero-India show.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:15   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Mostly professionals on work assignment stay in these places
Hey Amit, but our requirement is for our cousin's marriage; not sure if we can consider this option. The Chevron & Moarch are way too expensive I guess a day's stay for a double room is around 150, if you're wondering its still cheap then it is in dollars not INR. Sorry that I'm unable to specify the price range as my folks haven't told me their budget, but I'm assuming that something like 2-3K should work to a decent modern rooms, but again I'm not sure.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:25   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha, Ravi you're kidding right? Oberoi, you mean the real Oberoi? Well, I guess booking rooms for the entire family will be the budget of the marriage

Hay aargee, i thought to suggest The Shelton Grand at Church street. I guess, traffi is on higher side. But very good resturants (veg/non-veg). Have a look.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:19   #285
BHPian

any suggestions on stay in fort cochin area and cherai beach?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks