Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 16:12   #226
BHPian

Rajesh, I would suggest that you break your journey at Salem. There are some very decent places to stay near the new bus stand - just after the 5-roads junction.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:28   #227
BHPian

Horanadu Hotels

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Horanadu with my family this weekend. What are the suitable places or hotels to stay there. Any hotels which can be booked online or by phone.

Regards,
Vamsi
Old 5th April 2010, 16:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Rajesh, I would suggest that you break your journey at Salem. There are some very decent places to stay near the new bus stand - just after the 5-roads junction.
I am thinking of breaking my journey after, say around 4 - 5 hours of driving from BLR. Salem should be around 3 hrs ( good roads) and also, the next day's journey distance should not take more than 5 hrs. Am looking in at a 12 noon checkin at Munnar.

Can Perudurai be covered in 5 hrs from BLR ? I think there are a couple of good hotels there where i can think of staying overnight.

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 5th April 2010 at 16:56.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:51   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I am thinking of breaking my journey after, say around 4 - 5 hours of driving from BLR. Salem should be around 3 hrs ( good roads) and also, the next day's journey distance should not take more than 5 hrs. Am looking in at a 12 noon checkin at Munnar.

Can Perudurai be covered in 5 hrs from BLR ? I think there are a couple of good hotels there where i can think of staying overnight.
Just did the NH7-NH47 from Blore to CBE,BLR-CBE took exactly 5.5 hours with daytime driving,if you are able to exit Blore by 4pm you would be able to reach Perundurai in 4-5hours without breaks.Hotel Chennis @ Perundurari is a good one(read that as new!) and is just off the highway,(Salem to P'durai is approx 90kms),Hotel Chennis. Address: 77/1 Sipcot Opposite, Perundurai. Phone Number: 04294224434 (courtesy Google)
Old 6th April 2010, 12:52   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just did the NH7-NH47 from Blore to CBE,BLR-CBE took exactly 5.5 hours with daytime driving,if you are able to exit Blore by 4pm you would be able to reach Perundurai in 4-5hours without breaks.Hotel Chennis @ Perundurari is a good one(read that as new!) and is just off the highway,(Salem to P'durai is approx 90kms),Hotel Chennis. Address: 77/1 Sipcot Opposite, Perundurai. Phone Number: 04294224434 (courtesy Google)
Thanks ranjitp1. I also got to know about this hotel thro' Google. I think this may be the best option for my requirement. Could not find any good hotels in Bhavani / Mettur. Do you have any idea ? This is just in case if i am delayed in leaving BLR and not able to make it to perundurai before too late in the night.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:05   #231
BHPian

Has any T-bhpian stayed at Sterling resorts, Munnar ? How is the resort, because i have heard different stories saying that the resort is not maintained properly and the staff are not helpful.

I intend staying at Sterling during my visit to Munnar during the rains and would be helpful if i get some opinions before that. In case if Sterling is not worthwhile, i can try to stay in the town itself.

Also, would be happy if someone (going by their experiences) can recommend me some good places to stay in Munnar below Rs.1000/- per day.

Sterling being around 20km from the town, would make if difficult for sightseeing or shopping activity, will it ?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:32   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ranjitp1. I also got to know about this hotel thro' Google. I think this may be the best option for my requirement. Could not find any good hotels in Bhavani / Mettur. Do you have any idea ? This is just in case if i am delayed in leaving BLR and not able to make it to perundurai before too late in the night.
This is your best bet to stay the night after Salem,in case you are delayed in leaving Blore,then stay the night in Salem,not advisable to look around for hotels in other places with family in tow.Also if you do intend to stay at P'durai,make sure you call ahead and block your room.

Quote:
Has any T-bhpian stayed at Sterling resorts, Munnar ? How is the resort, because i have heard different stories saying that the resort is not maintained properly and the staff are not helpful.

I intend staying at Sterling during my visit to Munnar during the rains and would be helpful if i get some opinions before that. In case if Sterling is not worthwhile, i can try to stay in the town itself.

Also, would be happy if someone (going by their experiences) can recommend me some good places to stay in Munnar below Rs.1000/- per day.

Sterling being around 20km from the town, would make if difficult for sightseeing or shopping activity, will it ?
Sterling is way out of town(on the Devikulam road-NH49-Theni-Maurai road) and in a pretty isolated place,no safety issues but just that you would have to stay cooped up in the resort and would have to depend on in-resort food,service like at all Sterling properties is a bit iffy.

If in town,then Edassery East End is a good option,but would be in teh range of INR 2000 per night.Below 1000,would be just bed & room and nothing more than that(can definitely not be compared with Sterling).

A stay I could reccomend is John;s Homestay.Pm me in case you need the details.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This is your best bet to stay the night after Salem,in case you are delayed in leaving Blore,then stay the night in Salem,not advisable to look around for hotels in other places with family in tow.Also if you do intend to stay at P'durai,make sure you call ahead and block your room.

Sterling is way out of town(on the Devikulam road-NH49-Theni-Maurai road) and in a pretty isolated place,no safety issues but just that you would have to stay cooped up in the resort and would have to depend on in-resort food,service like at all Sterling properties is a bit iffy.

If in town,then Edassery East End is a good option,but would be in teh range of INR 2000 per night.Below 1000,would be just bed & room and nothing more than that(can definitely not be compared with Sterling).

A stay I could reccomend is John;s Homestay.Pm me in case you need the details.

Thanks bro. Will definitely give this idea a think. will get back to you once the travel dates are finalised.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:01   #234
BHPian

Quote:

Rajesh, Would not recommend Sterling Resorts as its pretty far away from Munnar Town. Following is the list of some hotels that I had gathered for planning my trip. I was looking for a decent accomodation around Rs.1000. Do not stay within Munnar town as its crowded and noisy. 2kms away from Munnar town on Cochin Road or towards Top Slip road you will find numerous hotels/resorts.

Kaippallil Resorts (Kaippallil Reosrts & Homestay - Home page)
Munnar PO, Near Roman Catholic Church, Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 04865 – 230203
Mobile: 9447979391
Economy Room 1000
Standard Room 800
Deluxe Room 500

The High Range Club (High Range Club Munnar :: High Range Club, Hill Resort, Munnar Club, Tea plantations, Planters Club, Munnar Planters, Club, Thar, Nilgiri, Plantations, Tea, English, British, 1905, Very Old, Heritage, Munnar)
Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 04865 – 230253, 230724, 230597
Double Room 1150
Deluxe Double Room 1380

Poopada Resorts (Welcome to the Poopada Resorts, Munnar)
200 meters from the KSRTC Bus Station, Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 04865 – 230223, 231781, 231782, 231783
Deluxe Room 1100

Munnar Tourist Home (http://www.munnartouristhome.com/)
Devikulam Road, Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 04865 – 230353, 230862
Deluxe Double Room 1100
Executive Double Room 1500

Ayur County Resort (http://www.chancellorresort.com/index.html)
Chinnakanal PO, Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 0484 – 2323236, 2323034
Mobile: 9447011077
Deluxe Room 1000
Suite Room 1300

Hotel Highrange Inn (Hotel Highrange Inn | Hotels in Munnar | About Munnar | Munnar Photos | Munnar Tour Packages | Restaurant in Munnar)
Near Govt. High School, Munnar, Kerala, India
Phone: 04865-230483, 230634
Deluxe Room 1500Super Deluxe 1800
Executive 2000

We stayed at Highrange Inn who offered us 50% discount as it was off-season. Most hotels offer discount during off-season.

Please check the validity of the room rates and phone numbers as this info was collected almost a year back. Contact the hotel and have the room blocked over phone and keep following up with the hotel guys. Even during the day of arrival.
Old 8th April 2010, 07:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

Just came from Bantwal. Stayed in a hotel called Srinivas Residency. A decent hotel on the right side of the road, next to the IOC petrol bunk, say 1.5KM after the B.C.Road bus stop. Charges are 500 for non-ac & 700 from AC. Good place to stay. Around 20KMs to mangalore from here.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:32   #236
BHPian

Hey DD, thanks a ton for the info provided. I had a look at Highranges inn website & it looks good and neat. What about food options there ? We are strict veggies. Going by your travelogue, i think you guys were satisfied with their service levels. Do they offer 50% discount in off season then ? Looks a good bet to shack with them.

We are also planning to go in end August / early september as you guys did. The thing is my uncle is a member of Sterling and offered me to book my stay there ( free of charge) & that is the reason why i was thinking of Sterling, so that i can save on the accomodation part.

Will definitely check out the other options as given by you. I have time on my side, so can work out a best option before we go. Have you any idea on the homestays in / around Munnar ?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:00   #237
Senior - BHPian

SOmething to bear in mind: Pls check on all the hotels by calling them up as a lot of the resorts/hotels have disappeared as a part of the govt demolition drive of unauthorised hotels & resorts in Munnar.A lot many popular ones have been shaved off or broken down completely.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:01   #238
BHPian

Please avoid ayurcounty

Hi rajesh,

Out of my first hand experience - Please avoid Ayur county - not worth the money and the food is horrible to say the least.

Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 16:21   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Hi rajesh,

Out of my first hand experience - Please avoid Ayur county - not worth the money and the food is horrible to say the least.

Thanks
Hey thanks for the info. We will not venture into that place. Thinking of staying at Sterling resorts.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:05   #240

Driving down to Karwar in last week of April Looking for good places to stay @

A night in hubli

Serviced apartment in bangalore for 3 nights

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks