Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 19:49   #2236
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi All,

2) Badami Cave Temples.

3) Any other recommendations for tourist spot (historical temples or places close to nature) in and around Solapur, Almatti Dam, Aurangabad etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Badami you can stay at Clarks Inn or the KRTDC Mayura Chalukya.

Close to Badami you can visit Pattadakal and Aihole for ancient temples.

Also consider Bijapur / Vijayapura for the Gol Gumbaz and other Adil Shahi monuments.
Would recommend an early morning visit to the Gol Gumbaz climb to the top and enjoy the view. Also recommend a visit to Ibrahim Roza..

Enjoy hope this helps
Mgdoodler
Mgdoodler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 02:02   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgdoodler View Post

Enjoy hope this helps
Mgdoodler
Many thanks Mgdoodler. This is super helpful.
Old 6th December 2023, 15:49   #2238
BHPian

I'm planning to stay at Hampi on 30th Dec-1Jan with senior citizens and kids. Can you please suggest best places in the budget upto 3k/room/day? Clark's, Malligi are sold out and Royal orchids is out of budget. Homestay options is also fine but need something near to heritage sites and temples.
Old 7th December 2023, 10:24   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
I'm planning to stay at Hampi on 30th Dec-1Jan with senior citizens and kids. Can you please suggest best places in the budget upto 3k/room/day? Clark's, Malligi are sold out and Royal orchids is out of budget. Homestay options is also fine but need something near to heritage sites and temples.
I am assuming you have already checked Mayura Bhuvaneshwari Hampi. You can also check https://www.hampisfeathers.com/, but I am not sure about the budget. I was planning to stay here around 7-8 months ago hence its my list.

Please check Mayura Vijayanagara TB Dam. Its around 20 KMS from Hampi, but you get to see the TB Dam as well

Regards
chandrda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 23:53   #2240
BHPian

Both the suggested places Bhuvaneswari and Vijayanagara TB dam were booked and hence opted for Hotel Priyadarshini pride in Hosapete
Old 4th January 2024, 08:38   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had stayed in Hotel Avenue Central in Kochi last month and it was a good place which will fit your budget.
Hi Audioholic, I wanted to come back and thank you for this excellent suggestion on the Kochi hotel, The Avenue Center.

For the benefit of other travelers, a few details:

Booking was seamless. Just a phone call and I got the rooms booked, with details shared over Whatsapp. No advance payment was asked.

I went with the premium room and had no idea that the rooms would be this huge with high ceiling and 2 large windows. They gave free wifi coupons, while the rooms had all basic amenities.

The The beds were very comfortable and the extra bed came in a roller type foldable rack, again with proper bedding and accessories. While the fixtures & shows ageing a bit here and there, overall service was very good and it was an excellent stay for us. The good thing was our driver could find a room to stay just a few blocks from there at another smaller hotel.

Food wise, we had only the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. The choices were limited (dosa, appam, veg stew, bhatura, channa, puttu, kadala curry, bread, fruits etc) but good enough. There is a Gokul Ootupura vegetarian restaurant which was just a few minutes walk from this hotel and this made our lives lot more easier.
asmr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 10:32   #2242
BHPian

Anyone interested in a highway hotel enroute from Chennai to TCR and further south please see below.

Chennai to Thiruvalla - I stayed in Hotel Flora Park Inn, Coimbatore. The hotel is on the highway, so no need to run around in city. Has adequate parking, good restaurant, decent room. Tariff was ₹2500.

Thiruvalla to Chennai - I stayed at Hotel Green Ridge, Salem. Again same features as above. Tariff was ₹2500.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 09:21   #2243
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a friend coming from UK in feb 1st week and he is looking out for a service apartment in Bangalore. He would prefer to stay in and around Rajajinagar, Indiranagar or Hebbal.

He would need a fully furnished apartment with WiFi and kitchen

Can someone please suggest me some decent places which I can book for him
Old 18th February 2024, 12:05   #2244

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions for a comfortable and safe place to stay in Ratlam, MP?

Just need to spend one night there enroute to Nashik.

Thanks.
Old 19th February 2024, 10:10   #2245
BHPian

Any recommendations for a family friendly, comfortable place in the following places for 1 night?
  • Vijayawada
  • Shantiniketan
  • Durgapur
  • Solapur
  • Bijapur
Old 19th February 2024, 11:48   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
Any recommendations for a family friendly, comfortable place in the following places for 1 night?
  • Vijayawada
  • Durgapur
For Vijaywada, I can recommend Red Fox. I overnighted there, solo, so can say it's safe for families. Their parking is across the road in a gated compound.

For Durgapur, I can recommend The Peerless Inn. Comfortable stay. I've heard that Ginger Hotels has opened there recently, and on my next drive-through, I am planning to check Ginger out.
A_Basu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 18:00   #2247
BHPian

Hi All looking for accomodation suggestions for the following places.

1. Kullu (2Nights)
2. Manali (2Nights)
3. Shimla (2Nights)
4. Kalka (1 Night)
5. Delhi (1 Night)

Budget around 2.5k/day and ok with good homestays too. Need 3 rooms at all places as extended family will be along.
Old 7th March 2024, 18:30   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi All looking for accomodation suggestions for the following places.

1. Kullu (2Nights)
2. Manali (2Nights)
3. Shimla (2Nights)
4. Kalka (1 Night)
5. Delhi (1 Night)

Budget around 2.5k/day and ok with good homestays too. Need 3 rooms at all places as extended family will be along.
Think twice about Shimla unless you have plans to visit other places around. Atleast for my family, Shimla was an underwhelming experience after Manali.
Old 10th March 2024, 16:01   #2249

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions for a comfortable and safe place for an overnight stay in Madurai with secure parking and preferably close to the Kanyakumari highway.

Just need to spend one night in Madurai on my way to Kollam
Old 10th March 2024, 16:29   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Think twice about Shimla unless you have plans to visit other places around. Atleast for my family, Shimla was an underwhelming experience after Manali.
Train drops us at Shimla by 1300 hrs so planned to roam around till night, the next day it'll be kufri, naldehra hot springs etc and the very next day I'll be leaving to Manali.

Where did you stay at Shimla & Manali and can you share your itinerary via DM if its ok with you. Am kind of confused as I am travelling with my extended family (senior citizens) so lots of planning needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks