Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2023, 13:46   #2221
BHPian

Need Villa/resort suggestion for family of 6 within 2 hour drive from Navi Mumbai

Greetings.

My family of 6 and my infant baby boy needs a desperate holiday. I'm looking for family friendly villa/resort suggestions within 2 hour driving distance from Navi Mumbai.

The reason I'm asking the forum is because we're going to travel with 2 special members, my sister who's pregnant and my infant baby, so this time we have many parameters to consider which we generally overlook otherwise.

Travel date 15 to 17 September

Things we need to consider:
1: Good roads to the location
2: Good and hygienic food
3: not more than 2 hours travel distance
4: Not too isolated
5: Budget of around 40 to 50k

I loved some villas around karjat and they satisfy the above criteria, but they don't offer zero cancellation. Since we're traveling with aforementioned 2 special members, I would love the zero cancellation option just in case.

Looking forward to your suggestions and experiences

P.s researching for staycations has become more tedious than researching cars nowadays. Wish we had some sort of PSI(Pre Stay Inspection)
PrasadS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 13:56   #2222
BHPian

Re: Need Villa/resort suggestion for family of 6 within 2 hour drive from Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Greetings.

My family of 6 and my infant baby boy needs a desperate holiday. I'm looking for family friendly villa/resort suggestions within 2 hour driving distance from Navi Mumbai.

The reason I'm asking the forum is because we're going to travel with 2 special members, my sister who's pregnant and my infant baby, so this time we have many parameters to consider which we generally overlook otherwise.

Travel date 15 to 17 September

Things we need to consider:
1: Good roads to the location
2: Good and hygienic food
3: not more than 2 hours travel distance
4: Not too isolated
5: Budget of around 40 to 50k

I loved some villas around karjat and they satisfy the above criteria, but they don't offer zero cancellation. Since we're traveling with aforementioned 2 special members, I would love the zero cancellation option just in case.

Looking forward to your suggestions and experiences

P.s researching for staycations has become more tedious than researching cars nowadays. Wish we had some sort of PSI(Pre Stay Inspection)
Hi, if you are interested in going to Igatpuri then O2 villa is amongst the best. The rooms are super clean, spacious and food is delicious. You can check their different villas on their website or any online bookin portal.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 15:03   #2223
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
But why is it a Good and not a Service ?

If the question is that it is a potential loss because they assigned you a room and they can't find another guest, the opposite is also probable that the hotel might as well have found another customer in which case, they get to keep double the income.
It is a "good" because it is a perishable item. If it cannot be sold on a particular day, it is a lost opportunity and cannot be sold the next day.

Yes, it is sometimes possible to find another customer for the room that you have cancelled and yes it is double income for the hotel. But that is how the hospitality business runs. Finding another customer for a booking that has been cancelled becomes very difficult. Most times that particular room remains unsold.

Yes it is tough on the part of the customer but sometimes there is no choice. The cancellation policy also differs from hotel to hotel and destination to destination.

Hope this clarifies.
ksmrsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 06:40   #2224
BHPian

This query may be off topic (accommodation) but related to it. May be folks here can help!

Me and my friends are going to Goa month end. I need help with some good 2 wheeler and car rental options (near airport) that you may know of - and how it works, hourly basis, daily basis, distance constraints, etc. I heard that Goa miles (equivalent of Uber/Ola) is a good option but, preference is self ride/drive.
Thanks in advance!
Old 6th September 2023, 12:32   #2225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
This query may be off topic (accommodation) but related to it. May be folks here can help!
You may be able to find details here (Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?).
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 17:32   #2226
BHPian

I am planning a one day trip with family to Pune on 18/19th Oct. Will be arriving by train at Pune by 11am and return by train on 19th at 6.30pm.
Intention is to visit Sinhagad Fort and then some local sightseeing.
Looking for good hotels in the 4000 to 8000 range that offers 24hrs check in/out. I checked out The Central Park and Novotel, the check in times are 2pm and 3pm respectively.
Does it make sense to visit Sinhagad on the arriving day or the next day after checking out?
Old 12th September 2023, 13:49   #2227
BHPian

Gavi stay query

Hello Bhpians,

Is Gavi stay is still opened? I am unable to see any slots available for Gavi stay even in November. I am using the below link for the same. Can you please shed some light on the right link to book the stay online. Thank you in advance.

https://gavi.kfdcecotourism.com/Home/RoomDetails
Old 12th September 2023, 14:11   #2228
BHPian

Re: Gavi stay query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Is Gavi stay is still opened? I am unable to see any slots available for Gavi stay even in November. I am using the below link for the same. Can you please shed some light on the right link to book the stay online. Thank you in advance.

https://gavi.kfdcecotourism.com/Home/RoomDetails
Gavi had a landslide about 2 weeks back and access was closed.

https://www.onmanorama.com/travel/tr...eavy-rain.html
Old 26th September 2023, 13:24   #2229
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Any recommendations for good hotels enroute Nagpur to Sambalpur. Preference is Bhillai, safe car park and near to NH6

//Rahul
Old 27th October 2023, 02:50   #2230
BHPian

Any recommendations for hotels in Nagpur near to NH6/NH53 or NH44. Will be travelling to Hyderabad from Sambalpur. Budget around 3000 - 3500 for single occupancy.
Should have adequate parking facility.

Last edited by nischaltopno : 27th October 2023 at 02:56. Reason: Added parking requirements
Old 5th November 2023, 19:50   #2231
BHPian

Looking for recommendations for stay in Mangalore for a group of 3 families including kids(4 to 9 yrs).Place should be kids friendly.Veg food option preferred. Check in will be early morning. Budget within 5k per room(bit flexible)

Edit: Stay is for 3 nights

Last edited by 115 : 5th November 2023 at 20:17. Reason: added duration
Old 5th November 2023, 20:04   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
....stay in Mangalore for a group of 3 families including kids(4 to 9 yrs)...... Budget within 5k per room....
If you are plan to stay for long (2 or more days), service apartment will be economical and convenient. Many of them have tie up with caterers for home delivery of authentic Mangalorean food. There is one near Bal Bharati (opp. lane to public library) called Sapthagiri, which has several two & three bedroom service apartments with AC and good parking facilities. Close to Pabbas!
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 18:38   #2233
BHPian

Hi All,

Need recommendations for stay, food for following places. We will be three friends, all male in 3rd week of Dec

1) Sangli. Preferably outskirts and near vineyards. Also, any vineyards where we can do wine tasting?

2) Badami Cave Temples.

3) Any other recommendations for tourist spot (historical temples or places close to nature) in and around Solapur, Almatti Dam, Aurangabad etc.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SamDiablo : 29th November 2023 at 18:38. Reason: Mistake
Old 30th November 2023, 14:08   #2234
BHPian

Hi TeamBHPians,

I am planning to travel to Cochin/Kochi soon. We will be taking a taxi (Innova) with a driver instead of self drive. We will be staying there for 2N/3D.

Since we are totally 5 people (all vegetarians) we need 2 rooms and my budget per night per room is 4k to 5k max with easy access to decent vegetarian options outside the hotel as well.

It would also be good to have some facilities for the driver as well, like toilet facilities or rest area.

Could I please get some recommendations on hotels? I am ok to stay anywhere in the city or near Airport (Aluva area) too.
Old 1st December 2023, 09:00   #2235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Could I please get some recommendations on hotels? I am ok to stay anywhere in the city or near Airport (Aluva area) too.
I had stayed in Hotel Avenue Central in Kochi last month and it was a good place which will fit your budget. Not sure about the seasonal rate but the room was around 4k per night IIRC and is located centrally around plenty of restaurants. Only thing I’m not sure is about driver accommodation but if you are hiring a driver from a place other than Kochi accommodation is a thing to consider else if you book the cab from Kochi then the driver can head back home every night.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed