Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 12:33   #1786
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Looking for clean, good hotel near Cyber Gateway, Hitec City, Hyderabad. Any suggestions. 2k-3k budget for single occupancy, single room. Free, Decent Wifi would be great but not mandatory.
You could check Minerva Grand, Kondapur, or Red Fox (part of LemonTree Hotels), though the latter might be slightly more than the 3K budget. Cyber Gateway is walking distance from RedFox
Old 24th November 2015, 13:46   #1787
BHPian

You can try following, which comes under this range
1. Sybaritic Suites - decent rooms; but no proper kitchen, except tea/coffee
2. Kasani GR - not sure about rooms; location-wise good and it has proper restaurant
3. Pearl Inn - Good location, Food & Room both are decent
Old 24th November 2015, 13:49   #1788
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
You could check Minerva Grand, Kondapur, or Red Fox (part of LemonTree Hotels), though the latter might be slightly more than the 3K budget. Cyber Gateway is walking distance from RedFox
Both are sold out for my dates :-(
Old 24th November 2015, 22:25   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Where in Bombay do you want to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
Was looking at OYO as well. But any service apartments that you know about?
Old 24th November 2015, 23:47   #1790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Try www.oyorooms.com We have switched to using them for all official trips and find that they offer the best balance between correct price and clean standardised service across the board.
I was actually booking a room today in Hyderabad and I came across them. I didn't book them because their prices seemed rather low. But next time may be I will try them. Are they good?

What I look for in a hotel while travelling on work is a very very clean room, clean sheets etc. I want breakfast to be available at the hotel (free or paid - anyway is fine - I don't want to be searching for food in the morning). I want a TV (even a 21" will do). Free Wifi is good but not mandatory. AC should be working - I don't want to call them to fix it - and I need hot water early in the morning in the shower - I don't want to wait for the sun to come up and power some solar thingy.

Oyo seems to have different ranges, standard, premium etc. What's a good one to book - any suggestions.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:22   #1791
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was actually booking a room today in Hyderabad and I came across them. I didn't book them because their prices seemed rather low. But next time may be I will try them. Are they good?
I recently stayed at an OYO property in CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai and was pretty impressed - very clean, AC in good working condition and excellently priced, with some discounts it worked out to < 2K No breakfast (no restaurant too within the premises), but there were lots of options in walking distance nearby. Wifi was a bit flaky for a few hours since they had separate SSID's for each floor but later in the day was fixed and I had no trouble using it.

Most of their properties are either serviced apartments or small/medium size hotels now with upgraded and standard facilities and the OYO branding.

Last edited by NPV : 25th November 2015 at 10:24.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:22   #1792
BHPian

Quote:

What I look for in a hotel while travelling on work is a very very clean room, clean sheets etc. I want breakfast to be available at the hotel (free or paid - anyway is fine - I don't want to be searching for food in the morning). I want a TV (even a 21" will do). Free Wifi is good but not mandatory. AC should be working - I don't want to call them to fix it - and I need hot water early in the morning in the shower - I don't want to wait for the sun to come up and power some solar thingy.
I have heard good reviews about Siesta Hitech. This is situated in Kondapur, about 2-3kms away from Cyber Pearl.
Old 25th November 2015, 21:51   #1793
Senior - BHPian

The fellow member has answered most of the reasonable queries and I am not running OYO's house keeping, so no pointing telling me what you want but you can always call them for specific requirements

Regarding everything working in top notch conditions let me tell you from my own personal experience that not even the big boys of the hospitality industry can guarantee that

I have not stayed in any of the OYOs. When I said we, I meant our guys out in the field. We allow premium only when everything else is sold out and none of the chaps have ever had any reason to complain as yet

Quote:
Oyo seems to have different ranges, standard, premium etc. What's a good one to book - any suggestions.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:23   #1794
BANNED

Quote:
The fellow member has answered most of the reasonable queries and I am not running OYO's house keeping, so no pointing telling me what you want but you can always call them for specific requirements
Sure. But I listed what I look for a hotel because otherwise a question like "is it a good hotel chain" makes no sense.

Quote:
We allow premium only when everything else is sold out and none of the chaps have ever had any reason to complain as yet
I found premiums at good places in Hitech City, Hyderabad for 1500 Rs & regular for 800 Rs. That's why I was a little apprehensive and didn't book it.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:30   #1795
Senior - BHPian

The apprehension is understandable but in this angel investor funded World, things favour the customers at least while the start ups are trying to gain momentum.

Make hay while the Sun shines and/or until a new champ emerges or a glut happens.

As posted before if you call up post dinner time you can negotiate another 20% off easy over & above the online discounts

Quote:
I found premiums at good places in Hitech City, Hyderabad for 1500 Rs & regular for 800 Rs. That's why I was a little apprehensive and didn't book it.
Old 26th November 2015, 16:04   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just asked a friend who is in TVM and he mentioned Hotel Al Saj is also nearby and may be an option. If not, I think you can try OYO Rooms they may have something nearby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Thanks for the lead. Al Saj is not available on those dates.

OYO rooms are available, but they would charge me for 2 days + early check in + tax. That is working out to nearly 5K. :(
Update:
Booked through OyoRooms, turned out to be The Platinum Inn.

Good thing about the whole deal was, got a promo code "500FLAT" which gives a Rs.500 discount on the whole transaction.
Old 29th November 2015, 15:17   #1797
BHPian

Quick Review: Oyo Room TRV/TVM - Technopark extension

I had spent about a day and little more in Oyo Room, Technopark extn.

I liked place, proximity to the airport, availability of autos, 2 quick breakfast spots. (One is right next to the hotel).

The name of the hotel is Platinum Inn. Only bummer was the bedsheets, they weren't clean in the room that was allotted to me. I had to point out and ask for a change.

Complimentary breakfast is from the hotel next door. The place opens up only around 8.30am, if you are in a hurry, I would suggest you walk about 100 yards, there is pure veg dosa point (called New Aryaas , or something like that).

It is no frills room, especially good for people who would just wanna crash for the night after a whole day of outing / business meets. Ample car parking is available as of today, from what i hear, that spot is marked for highway expansion.

Early check in = Rs 500/-
Late check out (till 6pm) = 30% of the room fare.

Before booking Oyo always google for coupon codes. I got 500 off from the codes available at this site.

Tip: When in trivandrum, for self drive rentals check out MangoCabs.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 29th November 2015 at 15:19. Reason: Spelling
Spinnerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 11:30   #1798
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for a decent accommodation near the Tali/Thali temple in Kozhikode/Calicut ? Nothing fancy, need AC though as it will be summer time then.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:36   #1799
BANNED

I had a miserable experience with the hotel aggregator - Fabhotels.com. They are a miserable organisation who spoiled my peace of mind for half a day. I had booked a day's hotel through them and pre-paid for it. I was planning to checkin late in the night. Early in the day, I got a call from fabhotels that the room was no longer available. There were a series of calls through the day every half an hour from them - 1st call saying room is now available, next call saying it's not and so on and so forth. This went on through the day. They said there was a conference in the place and hence the hotel got overbooked. Then they said it's undergoing maintenance. Finally I just ignored them and went to the hotel at 8:00 pm and checked in without any problem. The hotel was a service apartment with 5-10 rooms. They were practically empty, they don't do conferences, they did not have any maintenance - and right from morning they had my room available and free for me.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 15:36   #1800
BHPian

Accommodation in Last Week of Dec in Puri

Hello Friends,

Can you kindly recommend any decent hotels in Puri for stay for 2 nights 3 days for the family ?

Need a clean bed and bathrooms.

Haven't visited eastern India, hence need your esteemed guidance.

Any experiences with hotel stays are also highly appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks