Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 13:14   #1516
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
TAlso, how much would it cost for a house boat room during March?
Anything upwards of INR 6K a night
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 13:46   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for suggesting KTDC. I checked Periyar House online and the rooms are available for March third week.

In fact, this is for a friend from Chennai, who is on his honeymoon trip. He is on a tight budget and was looking for something cheap, peaceful and best.
Sterling and Mahindra are bit expensive for him.

We are now checking Igloo and Aruvi resorts for Munnar. Any other options in similar budget? Also, how much would it cost for a house boat room during March?
Try Green Ridge (2-3000) or SN Sujata Inn (2-3000) in Munnar town. Do not select resorts based on online web-site listings.

House Boats only in Alapuzha backwaters, none in Thekkady or Munnar. Rates depend on AC/ non-AC, levels of luxury, etc, but a decent houseboat costs 6-8000, and more
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:30   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are now checking Igloo and Aruvi resorts for Munnar. Any other options in similar budget? Also, how much would it cost for a house boat room during March?
Had done a bit of research in our travelogue section when we had planned a trip and found these budget resorts to be recommended

Aranyaka Homestay - karthikk's travelogue (homestay is a cheaper option compared to main resort)

Greenspaces - Genesis's travelogue

Ripples and Rock homestay : Don't remember the travelogue, but was rated very good

Ultimately we stayed at Great Escape Resort - Good resort, not very expensive (Rs. 2500 per night, excl food). But this is closer to Chinnakkanal, bit far of from Munnar (about 15km IIRC). Another problem with this resort - you need a 4X4 to reach this place if it rains - approach is via a steep gradient of mud road with 2 hairpin bends
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2014, 23:04   #1519
BHPian

Travelling in march ( 17-23) to agra ,Delhi & amristar with family , need suggestion on decent budget accomodation at these places max around 2k.

Delhi if around New Delhi rail station would be preferable .
Old 7th February 2014, 22:12   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Travelling in march ( 17-23) to agra ,Delhi & amristar with family , need suggestion on decent budget accomodation at these places max around 2k.

Hi
Last March stayed twice at D.B.Gupta road Paharganj Hotel Today.
Neat clean,goodly sized room,wall mounted LCD or LED TV.Hot and running cold water with fan and a exhaust fan.
Paid rs 1300 as I was alone.
A group of middle aged ladies from Sri Lanka were staying there so a family should be OK.
As they don't pay to the auto rickshaw drivers it is not recommended by them.
Regards
Old 7th February 2014, 22:22   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post

Check Ginger at New Delhi Railway Station.
Old 10th February 2014, 14:21   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been able to make a booking online from the ttdc website http://www.ttdconline.com/hotelnamedisplay.do ?

Whenever I check for availability it times out with errors.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:52   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Has anyone been able to make a booking online from the ttdc website http://www.ttdconline.com/hotelnamedisplay.do ?

Whenever I check for availability it times out with errors.
I did it a couple of months back. It did work, and no hassles on arrival as well.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:19   #1524
BHPian

Need help on accomodation suggestions at Lonavala. Budget around 2k per night.

Also need travel options from Pune airport to Lonavala along with an approx cost. Are there any AC volvos from near the airport to Lonavala?
Old 11th February 2014, 12:50   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Need help on accomodation suggestions at Lonavala. Budget around 2k per night.

Also need travel options from Pune airport to Lonavala along with an approx cost. Are there any AC volvos from near the airport to Lonavala?
Best option would be to hire a cab from Pune airport to Lonavla.Its just approx 70kms and shouldnt cost you more than 2000rs.

Alternately you can take a train from Pune.Its a 1.5hr travel by train.

http://www.hipune.com/PuneToLonawala...TimeTable.aspx
Old 16th February 2014, 15:21   #1526
SBR
BHPian

My friends, a doctor couple from Karnataka are traveling to Pune for one week beginning 24th Feb, 2014.

They have a training program to attend at an Infertility centre in Shivaji Nagar, Pune.

Any suggestions on accommodation for one week. Could be a Service Apartment or a Hotel close to Shivaji Nagar with places to eat close by. Budget 2K to 2.5K max per night.

advise.
Old 16th February 2014, 16:04   #1527
J.Ravi

During our recent visit to Pune en route Mahindra Chakan plant, we stayed at Hotel Sapna, JM Road, Pune. Earlier, we used to stay at Ginger Hotels, Wakad, Pune. But, after going through the reviews in Tripadvisor.in, we tried Hotel Sapna and we were right in our decision. The main advantage of Hotel Sapna is its location in the heart of Pune. Hotel Shiv Sagar, a Udupi restaurant, is situated right opposite to Hotel Sapna, where the food was awesome. My rating: Excellent.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 10:56   #1528
BHPian

I will be travelling with wife and kid to Meerut in 3rd week of April for a wedding. Any suggestions for a good hotel to stay for two nights? Budget is not a constrain but hotel should be clean and safe.

Also, is it advisable to travel at night from Meerut to Delhi airport? Have no idea about the roads there.

@dkaile, you might be able to help me out with selecting a good place. Thanks!
Old 18th February 2014, 09:24   #1529
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
During our recent visit to Pune en route Mahindra Chakan plant, we stayed at Hotel Sapna, JM Road, Pune. Earlier, we used to stay at Ginger Hotels, Wakad, Pune. But, after going through the reviews in Tripadvisor.in, we tried Hotel Sapna and we were right in our decision. The main advantage of Hotel Sapna is its location in the heart of Pune. Hotel Shiv Sagar, a Udupi restaurant, is situated right opposite to Hotel Sapna, where the food was awesome. My rating: Excellent.
Yes, Hotel Sapna is a good choice
mvp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 10:56   #1530
BHPian

Has anyone stayed at Apple Valley, Kodaikanal? I have already booked room there for this weekend.

Since I have already booked, I cannot changed it now. Checking for TBHPian's review and anything I need to be aware off.

Booked Deluxe room (including breakfast) through Expedia.co.in and got refund of almost 86%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks