Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries

I traveled to Guhagar a couple of weeks ago via Umbraj-Patan-Chiplun, and it took us almost 7 hours with 2 breaks. The road condition after leaving NH4 at Umbraj varies from non-existent (where the old Karad - Chiplun road has been ripped up to convert it to a concrete one) to horrible (where the old tar road still exists, with huge potholes). The Kumbharli ghat itself and Chiplun - Guhagar is in decent condition.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 22nd April 2019 at 16:40.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 06:22   #32
BHPian

How is the road condition from guhagar to karad?
Will be traveling shortly.
Old 29th January 2021, 19:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
How is the road condition from guhagar to karad?
Will be traveling shortly.
Guhagar to Chiplun - around 5kms there is no road at all, just mud and a lot of work ongoing. Only cars can take that route. Buses take some diversion. Remainder of the road till Chiplun is ok. In fact very good in some stretches.

Chiplun is the usual mess. Gmaps took me on the opposite direction of a one way street. Had to back up around 30 m and take a side alley.

From there till halfway up Kumbharli road surface is good. A few very bad patches in the top half of kumbharli ghat. Also there is work ongoing from the top of kumbharli ghat till almost Patan, expect bad bumpy road surface. Also no conveniences, toilets, etc, we hadn't accounted for that.
Patan to Umbraj turnoff was fine, we returned to Pune didn't go all the way to Karad.

Not sure if you were looking at another ghat route. Car used Scross, 4 on board.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 17:25   #34
BHPian

I had been to Guhagar from Pune in the last week of Dec. As selfdrive mentioned above the road from leading out from Guhagar to Chiplun is literally non-existent. I had taken a detour and taken the road via Raanvi and joined the Chiplun road at Shrungartali.

See attached map this is slightly off the regular path but the quality of the road is very good. Also near to chiplun I take a left before i enter Chiplun town to take the "Enron Bridge" and the pass under the Konkanrailway line to join the NH66 and come to Bahadur Shaikh Naka which saves time and trouble of passing through Chiplun town.
Waypoint 1 - "Hindustan servicing Center" - Katalwadi Tarf Anjanwel, Maharashtra 415634
Waypoint 2 - Shrungartali ( via Palpene rd )
Waypoint 3 - "Enron Bridge" Gowalkot Rd, Paloji Mohallah, Peth Map, Chiplun, Maharashtra 415605

The road from Chiplun to Karad is as selfdrive has already described. There are some places for reststops
one is the new "Riverside Inn" At post Goshatwadi,Taluka Patan Disrtict, Goshatwadi, Maharashtra 415206
and the other is "Hotel Aaswad" - Sambhaji Chowk, Karad - Chiplun Rd, Nisre, Maharashtra 415205 - near Malharpeth (this is where we take a left to go to Umbraj)
plus there are some more along this route.

Personally I like to stop at "Hotel Devrai" - Karate, Marul, Karad - Chiplun Rd, Patan, Maharashtra 415206. The onionbhajji and potato bhajji is awesome and the view of the river alongside this place is very relaxing. Its a small unassuming place not so good for toilets.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-guhagarchiplun_route.jpg  

FrankMartin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 08:57   #35
BHPian

Can anyone share the latest road conditions for this stretch. I am planning to go to Valneshwar on 15th Oct (Long weekend) and would avoid it if the road conditions are poor.
Old 19th October 2021, 11:28   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
Can anyone share the latest road conditions for this stretch. I am planning to go to Valneshwar on 15th Oct (Long weekend) and would avoid it if the road conditions are poor.
Hello Siddharth,
Did you make the trip? If yes, can you share the latest road conditions and the route you took?
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2021, 18:05   #37

Hello All,

I had been to Guhagar from Pune last weekend. The route (Pune-Guhagar) was via Umbraj-Koynanagar-Kumbharli Ghat-Chiplun Bypass-Shrungartali-Anjanvel-Guhagar. The road in the Patan to Kumbharli Ghat is in a bad condition, could not go beyond 30 kmph.

Rest of the road is in pretty good condition. Ensure that you do not follow Google Maps blindly as you may end up on a private road near Koynanagar. I had to take a detour causing loss of 45 minutes and 30 kms.

Stopped at Riverside Inn near Koynanagar. Decent place with good food and clean washrooms.

The road from Chiplun to Guhagar is bad in patches but overall in nice condition. The detour via Shrungartali-Anjanvel-Guhagar can be avoided as the road from Shrungartali to Guhagar is now in pretty good condition and is shorter.

Thanks.
anantghangurde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 13:15   #38
BHPian

Did Umbraj-Patan-Chiplun-Velneshwar route this weekend. Road condition from Umbraj till Patan is good. Patan till start of Ghatmatha, there are 2 stretches of roads which are extremely bad. Its a painful 5kmph crawl. Don't remember the exact number of kms which are bad but it is quite a big stretch.

Actual Kumbharli ghat road is in good condition. The approach road till the start of ghat is recently done hence butter smooth. Post ghat till Chiplun the road is good. Cementing work is in progress hence lot of incomplete sections of dirt road. Chiplun till Velneshwar is also good. Do not follow google maps blindly. Firstly maps suggest an internal route from Koynanagar. Do not take this, instead stick to main route Patan-Koynagar-Ghatmatha-Chiplun. Post Kumbharli ghat, map suggests another internal route if you are headed to Velneshwar. Do not take that route. Follow the Guhagar route and turn left for Velneshwar at MSH4.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 13:06   #39
BHPian

I drove from Dapoli - Khed - Chiplun - Koynanagar - Patan - Karad and onwards to Bangalore yesterday.

The Chiplun to start of Kumbharli ghat road is in good condition. The ghat section is in great condition with very few trucks seen. Most of Koynagar to Karad has been concretised but with poor finishing. There are few sections where the tar road meets the concrete parts which are unfinished. Overall the drive was without any issues.

Khed - Chiplun road has multiple areas of ongoing work many flat sections are complete with few diversions. The Parshuram ghat section is essentially without any road although lots of work seems to be going on. This ghat is closed from 12pm to 6pm everyday for contruction.
litesaber is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 19:59   #40
BHPian

We visited my in-laws Farmhouse in Guhagar last week from Pune through the following Route:

Pune -> Satara -> Umbraj -> Paatan -> Koyna Nagar -> Kumbharli Ghat -> Chiplun -> Guhagar

Name:  Route Map.JPG
Views: 851
Size:  81.8 KB

I had visited this route in 2019 and travelling was totally hell back then. Complete Stretch between Umbraj and Paatan was dug up with Hugh craters and potholes in a long stretch of 10-15 kms. This Road section was under development as a part of Guhagar-Bijapur National Highway (NH166E).

As of present road conditions (June 2022), it was a pleasant surprise for us. Roads are excellent except few stretches where Tarmac was being laid freshly and work was in progress. Concrete Road construction is complete with proper Road signs, Village markings & National Highway information.

Road details as below:
Pune -> Satara -> Umbraj - NH48 - Excellent.
Umbraj -> Paatan - NH166E - Concrete stretch - Excellent.

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize3.jpg

Paatan -> Koyna Nagar - Concrete + Few Rough patches - Overall Good condition

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize2.jpg

Koyna Nagar -> Kumbharli Ghat - Newly Laid Tarmac + work in Progress at few places

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize9.jpg

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize10.jpg

Kumbharli Ghat -> Chiplun -> Guhagar - Great Tarmac road, very less potholes.

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize8.jpg

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize11.jpg

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize12.jpg

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize1.jpg

One thing to keep in mind, there are very few Food joints available on this stretch. So searching for a decent Restaurant for Breakfast/Lunch was a challenging task. We stopped at Riverside Inn Restaurant for Lunch which is located 3-4 kms before Koyna nagar village. They serve fresh and Tasty food with economical prices. Washrooms are clean and Hygienic.

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize5.jpg

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize4.jpg

Koyna River flowing besides the highway was very scenic. Spent few moments clicking snaps around.

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize6.jpg

Witnessed beautiful Yellow Marigold fields alongside NH166E..

Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries-resize7.jpg
Satshan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 13:49   #41

Any latest update on the subject road condition? Planning to travel tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks