Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 09:01   #796
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
how is the checking at border?
Is there any checks on RT-PCR tests (per news it was made mandatory few weeks back) or having a fully vaccinated certificate is enough?
Feedback is based on my onward and return in the last week of Aug (24/Aug onward and 29/Aug return). ePass to enter TN is mandatory and can be checked. Return to KA via Attibele -

Update on checking

Some KL cars were being stopped. But as far as I know RT PCR is not a must for entering KA from TN.

A clarification was issued too that RT PCR can be insisted only if the start point of Travelers was KL or MH. HTH

Drive safe and stay safe
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 11:20   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update Sateesh. Planning a drive from Trichy to Bangalore this weekend, how is the checking at border?
Is there any checks on RT-PCR tests (per news it was made mandatory few weeks back) or having a fully vaccinated certificate is enough?
Karthik,
I suggest you take Namakkal-Thuraiyur Road-Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Manachanallur-Toll gate route.
The roads were great when i went last December and was really a relaxed drive in same time. (Barring the speed breakers before & after villages), but its almost traffic free. I don't expect anything significant change now in road conditions. Only in next few months due to rains, roads may deteriorate.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 16:07   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I suggest you take Namakkal-Thuraiyur Road-Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Manachanallur-Toll gate route.
Thanks Ravi. That's my usual route, but I usually take left at Budhan Santhai instead of Namakkal. Saves time, and that route of Budhansanthai - Senthamangalam - Kannanur (joins Namakkal Thuraiyur road somewhere in between) is also very good, barring a 1 KM stretch (last travelled 1 month back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post

A clarification was issued too that RT PCR can be insisted only if the start point of Travelers was KL or MH. HTH
Thanks Sateesh. This helps. I will plan accordingly. I'm travelling with my family for just a weekend trip to Bangalore from Trichy (and will be back by Monday). Carrying fully vaccinated certificate as well for all my family members, but was worried what if we are asked to be home quarantined for 2 weeks.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:19   #799
BANNED

Sorry folks, forgot to update.
A few weeks back I made a quick Blore-Trichy-Blore same day round trip. Both journeys took around 4.5hrs of driving time each + additional 30-45mins of driving within city. It takes 3hrs on the divided highways between bangalore and the Namakkal entry/exit , and the rest 1.5 hours for the remaining ~80 or so km on undivided roads between namakkal town & trichy.
Used the namakkal - musiri - gunaseelam - #1 toll gate route both ways. The only 'somewhat questionable potholed stretch' is a few km along the banks of kaveri river, between thottiyam and musiri. Otherwise, though narrow, rest of the undivided route is beautifully tarmac-ed, of course the standard set of surprise speed breakers in and around towns apply. This route is a lot lot better than what I remember from earlier trips.

Last edited by venkyhere : 7th September 2021 at 20:21.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 19:46   #800
BANNED

here is a travelogue about the trip from the above post - link

Last edited by venkyhere : 11th September 2021 at 19:48.
Old 14th September 2021, 10:46   #801
BHPian

Just wanted to update about my weekend trip.

Onward (Friday - 10th Sep):
Trichy - Nochiyam - Pagalavadi - Kannanur - Alanganathan pirivu - Sentha Mangalam - Budhan Santhai - Salem - Bangalore (Kasavanahalli).
Started by 3 PM, reached home by 8:30 PM. Took around 5.30 hours, with sedate driving and one stop at Salem Saravana Bhavan (just before toll).

Return (Monday - 13th Sep):
Bangalore - Salem - Namakkal - Kannanur - Pagalavadi - Nochiyam - Trichy
Started by 3:30 PM, reached home by 10 PM. Multiple stops inbetween and slow moving traffic between Bangalore - Salem (took around 3:30 hours).
Stopped at A2B for 45 mins inside Namakkal town for dinner - otherwise, would've opted for Budhan Santhai route.

Thuraiyur road (for Namakkal - Trichy streatch) is a peaceful option which I would prefer any day over usual Gunaseelam road.
Couple of updates in this stretch incase you missed those earlier:
* Mannachanallur (a small town enroute) gets bypass which is completely done and saves around 5 mins solid.
* Pagalavadi - Kannanur road is completely re-laid and marked and is in good condition

These are done few months back - but just wanted to update in case if you've missed as I dont see any recent posts regarding these.

Last edited by nfsfreak : 14th September 2021 at 10:47.
nfsfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 11:37   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to update about my weekend trip.

Thuraiyur road (for Namakkal - Trichy streatch) is a peaceful option which I would prefer any day over usual Gunaseelam road.
Couple of updates in this stretch incase you missed those earlier:
* Mannachanallur (a small town enroute) gets bypass which is completely done and saves around 5 mins solid.
* Pagalavadi - Kannanur road is completely re-laid and marked and is in good condition

These are done few months back - but just wanted to update in case if you've missed as I dont see any recent posts regarding these.
Thanks for the update Karthik. Yes, its more peaceful to drive in Thuraiyur road route compared to Musiri route, barring the speed breakers and crossing through Thatthayangarpettai narrow road stretch for a minute or two.
I also mentioned about these two updates back in January. Manachanallur by-pass was just ready to open that time.

Glad that the route is still good without any deterioration.

-Ravi
Old 20th October 2021, 11:07   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Yes, its more peaceful to drive in Thuraiyur road route compared to Musiri route
Trying to reach Srirangam from Bangalore which would be my first stop on a longish temple tour.

Planning to take the Budhan Santhai => Senthamangalam => Kannanur => Pagalavadi => Nochiyam => Srirangam as mentioned.

A question on this route - does it make sense to go from Pagalavadi to Siruganur, and then come in to Srirangam via the Samayapuram road. That way I could visit the Tirupattur Brahmapureeswarar temple which is on the route. I am more concerned about the Pagalavadi => Siruganur route as post that I can come on to the NH 38.

The initial plan was to visit Srirangam, visit the Srirangam temple and then drive to the Tirupattur Brahmapureeswarar temple the next day. My next stop would be Swamimalai to visit the Swamimalai murugan temple and the Oppiliappan temple, so thought of coming back to Srirangam and either taking Trichy Tanjore route or the Srirangam Thiruvaiyaru route to Kumbakonam. Would the Tanjore route make sense because of better road conditions? Will be driving an Innova.
Old 20th October 2021, 12:40   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikva View Post
Trying to reach Srirangam from Bangalore which would be my first stop on a longish temple tour.

Planning to take the Budhan Santhai => Senthamangalam => Kannanur => Pagalavadi => Nochiyam => Srirangam as mentioned.

A question on this route - does it make sense to go from Pagalavadi to Siruganur, and then come in to Srirangam via the Samayapuram road. That way I could visit the Tirupattur Brahmapureeswarar temple which is on the route. I am more concerned about the Pagalavadi => Siruganur route as post that I can come on to the NH 38.
Will be driving an Innova.
Regarding your first query. I did this route 2 days back (Siruvachur to Salem via Perambalur). Roads are good, super smooth and safe. It is 20km longer than the route you mentioned but takes about the same time. Hope this helps.

Regarding other query, I think other BHPians who frequent Kumbakonam region such as BHPian ravib are most suited for responding.

Good luck.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:46   #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Roads are good, super smooth and safe. It is 20km longer than the route you mentioned but takes about the same time. Hope this helps.
It does help. Based on your suggestion, I am thinking of tweaking my trip to visit Thirupattur on my way back to Bangalore so I hit Salem by early afternoon.
raikva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 14:15   #806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It does help. Based on your suggestion, I am thinking of tweaking my trip to visit Thirupattur on my way back to Bangalore so I hit Salem by early afternoon.
Thats a good suggestion by SRVM. Thirupattur is a good temple on the way to plan. Just keep note of temple timings. You also have Samayapuram on the way.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 14:53   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tirupattur Brahmapureeswarar temple the next day. My next stop would be Swamimalai to visit the Swamimalai murugan temple and the Oppiliappan temple,
If you want to visit Thirupattur, stick to NH45. The temple is just a km away from the highway. Many of these interior roads, including Perambalur-Thuraiyur are filled with speed breakers.

You should be looking at Bangalore-Srirangam-Thirupattur-Perambalur bypass-Thiruvayaru-Swamimalai-Oppiliappan-Jayamkondam-Vriddachalam bypass-Veppur-V Koot Road-Salem-Bangalore.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:32   #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You should be looking at Bangalore-Srirangam-Thirupattur-Perambalur bypass-Thiruvayaru-Swamimalai-Oppiliappan-Jayamkondam-Vriddachalam bypass-Veppur-V Koot Road-Salem-Bangalore.

Thanks for the suggestions. Understand the route from Srirangam to Thirupattur. By perambulur bye-pass which road do you mean? Because perambulur bye-pass seems to be close to Perambulur. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2021, 21:29   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By perambulur bye-pass which road do you mean?
Basically stick to the NH45 which bypasses Perambalur, the turnoff to Ariyalur is on the highway itself (about 5 km after you pass Aswin's on the right).
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:06   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you want to visit Thirupattur, stick to NH45. The temple is just a km away from the highway. Many of these interior roads, including Perambalur-Thuraiyur are filled with speed breakers.

I would second the route mentioned by narayan. That makes more sense to have logical next stops.
Only couple of corrections. Thirupattur temple is about 5 kms or so from NH45.
If you are planning your trip on a Monday or Friday, you can include Siruvachur Madhurakali amman temple which is just less than 2 kms from highway.

Last december 2020, I drove from SriRangam-Tirupattur-Siriuvachur-Perambalur-Ariyalur-Tanjore-Trichy. Roads are good all throughout. New roads from Perambalur to Ariyalur is excellent. There could be few potholes due to recent rains in Sep & Oct. Speed breakers are the pain. Roads around Thiruvaiyaru are narrow, so will slow you down. Swamimalai to Oppiliappan temple, you have to take Kumbakonam by-pass which is under construction. So watch out if you are traveling after dark.

Watch out for temple timings. Try to cover longer distances between 12 pm to 4 pm including lunch breaks. That way you can optimize your time better.

On a side note, i can tell you, almost majority of people are not wearing masks in town/village sides and there is no social distancing. So it will look like as if there is no covid in those places Watch out for that and take all precautions, because CAB is not that you can expect from people unfortunately.

Have a great darshan

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 21st October 2021 at 13:10.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks