Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 16:25   #601
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
and they shower the sand in our car windshields
On top of it we need to pay a toll as well !

-Ravi
The sand blasting causes paint chipping on the bonnet.

Also, I saw a toll booth coming up between Kangeyam and Palladam; is it operational?
Old 17th February 2015, 19:38   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Also, I saw a toll booth coming up between Kangeyam and Palladam; is it operational?
Oh No. Hope no toll plaza comes between Kangeyam and Palladam. I know it is a part of NH 67. Do they intend to collect so as it is an extended 2 lane road
Old 17th February 2015, 19:39   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 . Exactly. I forgot to mention that. I saw more hairline scratches in my car bonnet. The sad part is that i cleaned the car that day morning and by the time, i reached Coimbatore in this route, the car is fully dirty with wet mud in bonnet and dry sand spread all over.

Also, between Trichy to Karur, only the last 12 to 15 kms is 4L and the majority of the road is a broad 2L and NOT a 4L.

@ramzsys, the new toll between Kangeyam and Palladam is not yet functional and still work is going on.

Including the above, I observed 2 tolls coming up between Karur and Coimbatore. But am wondering why the heck we need to pay toll for a 2L road which is a basic connectivity between 2 cities. What additional value add/benefit we get by paying this toll? That too fully dominated by sand mafia !

-Ravi
Old 17th February 2015, 19:44   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
+1 . Exactly. I forgot to mention that. I saw more hairline scratches in my car bonnet. The sad part is that i cleaned the car that day morning and by the time, i reached Coimbatore in this route, the car is fully dirty with wet mud in bonnet and dry sand spread all over.
I was just looking at Google. Just realised that at an extra cost of 30km you can do: Trichy-Dindigul-Odanchantram-Dharapuram-Palladam-CBE.

Its 215 Vs 245. 30km extra is definitely worth it. And you get 4-lane till Dindigul

Last edited by ampere : 17th February 2015 at 19:45.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:55   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Including the above, I observed 2 tolls coming up between Karur and Coimbatore. But am wondering why the heck we need to pay toll for a 2L road which is a basic connectivity between 2 cities. What additional value add/benefit we get by paying this toll? That too fully dominated by sand mafia !

-Ravi
Toll collection itself is a scam. Is there any justification as to why they hike toll fares. I would even question the location of toll plazas. If you go by the Rayakottai road and then rejoin the NH, we are forced to pay toll at Thoppur. Ideally this toll plaza should have been located before the Rayakottai road intersects the NH.
Old 17th February 2015, 20:10   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was just looking at Google. Just realised that at an extra cost of 30km you can do: Trichy-Dindigul-Odanchantram-Dharapuram-Palladam-CBE.

Its 215 Vs 245. 30km extra is definitely worth it. And you get 4-lane till Dindigul
Thats exactly one person suggested me when i was filling Petrol near kangeyam. It is ridiculous to drive in that road (particulary after 6 pm).

For a distance of 125 kms between Karur to CBE, it takes close to 3.5 hrs

-Ravi
Old 17th February 2015, 21:22   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your suggestion is good, except for the Odanchatram-Dharapuram road. It has a bit of twists, jumping-japang sections and sump-breakers at intermediate town/villages. This apart from the road quality which is worse in the initial 10-15 km, it looks like a world map with part of tar scooped out.

Compared to this, NH67 is a wide 2 lane and the opposite trucks do give way for overtaking vehicles; not entirely a safe practice though.

I was ranting about the toll booth in NH47 before Coimbatore, but then instead of paying for a 2 lane(at NH67) when taking the Kangeyam-Pollachi road, better to pay for the 4 lane and drive more peacefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Oh No. Hope no toll plaza comes between Kangeyam and Palladam. I know it is a part of NH 67. Do they intend to collect so as it is an extended 2 lane road
Oh yes. It is a mini toll booth because it is not 4 lane, but a wide-2 lane!

Last edited by ramzsys : 17th February 2015 at 21:24.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 08:29   #608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your suggestion is good, except for the Odanchatram-Dharapuram road. It has a bit of twists, jumping-japang sections and sump-breakers at intermediate town/villages. This apart from the road quality which is worse in the initial 10-15 km, it looks like a world map with part of tar scooped out.
Did not realize this stretch was that bad! I thought this stretch was better.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:10   #609
BHPian

Latest update:

The Musiri-Namakkal stretch is patched now (some parts are freshly laid) and the entire stretch is in much better condition than the Salem-Senthamangalam-Pagalvadi-Trichy route. Quite faster too.

So, I would recommend everyone to take Salem-Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy (https://goo.gl/maps/eVlZw) instead of Thuraiyur route as of now at least till this stretch gets worse again.
Please note there is a small deviation from Kulithalai town after the bridge to quickly get into NH67 via Kadambuvaneswar temple.
nfsfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 17:17   #610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
The Musiri-Namakkal stretch is patched now (some parts are freshly laid) and the entire stretch is in much better condition than the Salem-Senthamangalam-Pagalvadi-Trichy route. Quite faster too.
Was looking at Google. I see the Namakkal/Musiri option saves all but 30km as compared to Karur route. From that point of view, doesn't it make sense to take Karur option? One need not enter any city.

Or Karur-Kulithalai is that bad that it makes sense to enter Namakkal and take Musiri road?

Thuraiyur option was a total avoidance of NH67. Hence there was some reason take that option.

Last edited by ampere : 13th April 2015 at 17:24.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:33   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Or Karur-Kulithalai is that bad that it makes sense to enter Namakkal and take Musiri road?
It's Actually, additional 40 KMs in a 50 KM route and you would not save much time covering that distance even if you travel at very good pace in Karur-Kulithalai stretch. Add to that the misery of Sand lorries plying (more in Karur-Kulithalai than Namakkal-Musiri stretch) and an additional toll.

So, my vote would be to Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy route (https://goo.gl/maps/eVlZw).
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 20:46   #612
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Travelling to Trichy from Mysore/Bangalore. Please suggest best route. I am confused especially from Mysore. to go via Erode -->Karur or Tiruppur bypass -->Karur or Salem -->Perambalur or Salem -->Namakkal.

From Bangalore I suppose Hosur-->Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Namakkal-->Tirchy. I am travelling on Thursday 21 May.

Need to factor weather and I am travelling with family

Shanks
Old 19th May 2015, 20:52   #613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
Are you traveling from Mysore? If yes, take what Google says:

Mysore-Chamarajanagar-Sathy-Gobi-Changepally (Cuts through NH47 Here) - Kangeyam - Karur - Trichy.

If Bangalore, then you can do :

Hosur-Salem-Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 07:07   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
Dear Friends,

Travelling to Trichy from Mysore/Bangalore. Please suggest best route. I am confused especially from Mysore. to go via Erode -->Karur or Tiruppur bypass -->Karur or Salem -->Perambalur or Salem -->Namakkal.

From Bangalore I suppose Hosur-->Krishnagiri-->Salem-->Namakkal-->Tirchy. I am travelling on Thursday 21 May.

Shanks
Once i went to Karur from Wayanad. I took the following route

Via Sulthan Bathery, Chamarajanagar, Sathyamnagalam, Gobichettypalayaam, Erode, Kodumudi to Karur. Excellent roads all the way. From Karur you can proceed to Trichy via NH67
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 13:30   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Hosur-Salem-Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy
I think Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy would be a better bet than Thuraiyur considering the road conditions. Namakkal-Thuraiyur has some bad stretches and very bumpy at places (uneven). Also, the connecting road between Kannanur and Pagalvadi is also in not so good shape.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks