Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 16:04   #571
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Completed the Trichy Trip last week. To & fro - use the Thuraiyur Road. The road condition is quite good. Minor stretches near thathiyengarpet - and the 5.5km connecting road between Kannanur & Pagalavadi is average - while rest are pretty good & one can do BLR - TRY in under 5hrs. Thanks.
nssrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 16:30   #572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Completed the Trichy Trip last week. To & fro - use the Thuraiyur Road. The road condition is quite good. Minor stretches near thathiyengarpet - and the 5.5km connecting road between Kannanur & Pagalavadi is average - while rest are pretty good & one can do BLR - TRY in under 5hrs. Thanks.
Did you go into Namakkal town? Or you took the Budhan Santhai exit and went via Senthamangalam?
Old 28th October 2014, 11:26   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nssrini. I am planning to drive down in 2nd week of Nov to Trichy. What time did you start from Bangalore? I thought the roads would have gone bad after heavy rains, but your update gives more confidence

As ampere mentioned, if you have taken Budhan sandhai route and if the roads are good, probably i will give a try this time.

-Ravi
Old 28th October 2014, 11:44   #574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
As ampere mentioned, if you have taken Budhan sandhai route and if the roads are good, probably i will give a try this time.
The Thuraiyur option is always good. I am floored by roads. The only negative is that small stretch from Rasipuram-Namakkal SH exit to The Namakkal-Kannanur road entry. Else its awesome option. (And I dont need to tell you that! You told me in the first place! )
Old 28th October 2014, 19:48   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks nssrini. I am planning to drive down in 2nd week of Nov to Trichy. What time did you start from Bangalore? I thought the roads would have gone bad after heavy rains, but your update gives more confidence

-Ravi
I started at 5.30am from either ends. Got lucky, since it was the Sunday before the Deepavali week while onwards and Friday return - less rush @ toll booths - would you believe it - just a minute or so wait at Attibele & Krishnagiri Toll booths...will not happen every time, I guess. Also my place being close to NICE road in Kanakapura Rd and also near to NH45 bye pass in Trichy, helped.

Didn't try Budhan sandhai route, will try next time. Went inside town, since normally, we have a good break fast break in Namakkal (@ Arya Bhavan, Namakkal- they have parking too, pretty close before the Thuraiyur turn). As it was early and Sunday, no traffic at all. By the way the old NH road that leads into Namakkal town appears newly laid..neat Tarmac...

Thanks
nssrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 20:44   #576
BHPian

Quote:
I started at 5.30am from either ends.

Didn't try Budhan sandhai route, will try next time.

Thanks
@nssrini what is the road condition between attibelle and krishnagiri ? Have they completed all the flyovers part of 6 lane expansion.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:57   #577
BHPian

@Ravi, once you cross attibele Toll booth, there's the usual mess near Ashok leyland with the lorries. There are still 2 flyovers pending completion in Hosur so there is deviation into narrow stretch. Once you cross Hosur, the 6 lane is done completely. No problem at all, right upto Krishnagiri and beyond...
nssrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 17:29   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
@nssrini what is the road condition between attibelle and krishnagiri ? Have they completed all the flyovers part of 6 lane expansion.
Till such time the flyovers are completed navigating through hosur will be a pain. Unless you leave bangalore very early it makes sense to go via attibele
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 20:38   #579
BHPian

Quote:
@Ravi, once you cross attibele Toll booth, there's the usual mess near Ashok leyland with the lorries. There are still 2 flyovers pending completion in Hosur so there is deviation into narrow stretch. Once you cross Hosur, the 6 lane is done completely. No problem at all, right upto Krishnagiri and beyond...
Even the one over the junction to vellore / chennai is done ?
Old 25th November 2014, 21:29   #580
BHPian

@ravi

Yes...that flyover is done as well...
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:03   #581
BHPian

Please suggest the best route to take from Namakkal to Tanjore, reading through the posts i have 3 options

1) Namakkal --->Musri--->Trichy(chennai highway)
2) Namakkal ---> Kulithulai--->Trichy
3) Namakkal ---> Thuraiyur ---> pagalvadi---> trichy

Confused about the route no 3 as the google maps shows it to be going through Thuraiyur town .
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:07   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Please suggest the best route to take from Namakkal to Tanjore, reading through the posts i have 3 options

1) Namakkal --->Musri--->Trichy(chennai highway)
2) Namakkal ---> Kulithulai--->Trichy
3) Namakkal ---> Thuraiyur ---> pagalvadi---> trichy

Confused about the route no 3 as the google maps shows it to be going through Thuraiyur town .
Choose option 3. Instead there is one more option of going along NH7 till karur by pass, jeeyapuram and then proceed to Trichy. Karur-Trichy is an extended 2 lane road with toll.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:53   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Choose option 3. Instead there is one more option of going along NH7 till karur by pass, jeeyapuram and then proceed to Trichy. Karur-Trichy is an extended 2 lane road with toll.
Can you please throw more insight into route no 3 .

Does one need travel till Thuraiyur town to go to Pagalvadi.

The google maps shows Kannanur road as a link between Kannanur and Pagalvadi .

Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:00   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you please throw more insight into route no 3.
Please note:

- If you are driving past Namakkal and not starting from Namakkal, in that case the Thuraiyur route means you either get into Namakkal town or you will have to go via Budhan Santhai to bypass the town. So either way you have to face traffic and trucks.

- If you are just driving past Namakkal, I would say, just stick to the 4-lane, drive to Karur bypass and take the NH67 to Trichy. Once in Trichy go past bus stand and drive towards Srinrangam and divert to GST. Route Link

Traffic would be high around Srirangam, but its still easier compared to Thuraiyur road (which is also good, but has lots of twists and turns). I would say stick to NH7/NH67.

So to summarize:
- Be on the 4-lane.
- Go past Namakkal
- Take the Karur bypass
- At end you would see a diversion to Trichy.
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:32   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please throw more insight into route no 3 .

Does one need travel till Thuraiyur town to go to Pagalvadi.

The google maps shows Kannanur road as a link between Kannanur and Pagalvadi .

Thanks
No need to go till Thuraiyur town. From kannanur road take a turn towards pagalavadi. The landmark is Jayaram college of Engineering.
More than this route i would suggest going via Karur by pass, Jeeyapuram to trichy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks