Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 10:18   #346
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Just back from a trip to Trichy and thanks to Sunsetorange I took Musiri-Gunaseelam-Trichy route.
It's really in very good shape and enjoyed a very good drive after a very long time in that stretch (not in last 2 years at least)
The truck traffic was also not much during that time (around 6-7 AM).

So folks who are travelling to trichy, enjoy that route before it start detoriate again. I believe the roads should hold well for another 3 months at least but much depends on the truck traffic.
Agree. I too came back from Trichy couple of days ago. Thottiam -- Musiri -- Gunaseelam - Tollgate road is quite OK with most parts resurfaced. You will get a mix of resurfaced roads (which were worse earlier) and some old patches which are coarse - but quite driveable. Considering that it leads quickly to the NH45 4 Lane bye pass to Trichy Junction is pretty useful. Overall one can complete BLR - TRY trip in 5 hours of driving time.

Heard from a friend in Trichy that most parts of Kulithalai - Trichy section is done - with work still pending for the last 15kms. Hopefully - this should be completed in the next few months.

The sad part though is that the Krishnagiri -- Hosur strech is getting messier - with lots of work on extending to 6 lane happenning througout - and with sudden deviations, it can be dangerous at night time. Until Attibelle boarder, it is a mess.

On a side note - did a side trip - Trichy --> Madurai --> Srivilliputhur - and the roads are awesome. Even the Madurai Bye pass Srivilliputhur (2 lane only) roads are pretty good.
nssrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 16:19   #347
BHPian

Bangalore-Trichy-Mayuram

We plan to do a road trip to Mayuram (if possible with a stopover in Trichy) in the last week of October.

What is the latest on the the Namakkal - Trichy route? Any alternate good routes now? BTW is it raining in that part of TN?
Old 14th October 2012, 21:01   #348
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Trichy-Mayuram

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
We plan to do a road trip to Mayuram (if possible with a stopover in Trichy) in the last week of October.

What is the latest on the the Namakkal - Trichy route? Any alternate good routes now? BTW is it raining in that part of TN?
I did B'lore-Trichy-Kumbakonam last sunday 7th Oct. I took my usual Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy route and it is in very good condition.

Its absolutely not raining here till date.

OT: BTW, be prepared for atleast 15 to 18 hours power cut.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 01:03   #349
BHPian

Thanks Ravi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
-Ravi
What? And I've been thinking I can get some work done even when I'm away from Bangalore.
Old 15th October 2012, 20:40   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ravi.

What? And I've been thinking I can get some work done even when I'm away from Bangalore.
Yep, I too thought the same and brought my laptop to do some work, but i ended up with just carrying the weight in my luggage.
In last 1 week, i could charge my laptop only once for couple of hours, with my other scheduled work.
Remember that, since the power supply is very erratic and is discontinuous, even inverters/UPS recharging is not continuous for alternate power source. They do die pretty quickly with the limited recharging.

Hence, if it is not critical or if you are very busy with travel, I would suggest better not to plan for official work and enjoy the time with family/your travel schedule.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 15th October 2012 at 20:42.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 12:22   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I did B'lore-Trichy-Kumbakonam last sunday 7th Oct. I took my usual Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy route and it is in very good condition.

Its absolutely not raining here till date.

-Ravi
I almost forgot. Which route did you take from Trichy to Kumbakonam? I would proceed onto Mayuram from Kumbakonam.

We want to see the Ucchi Pillayar Temple and proceed to Mayuram the next day. Would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay in Trichy if possible close to the Kumbakonam road. We stayed at Ramyas on our last visit to Trichy - though the place was okay, it was bang in the city centre it seemed.
Old 18th October 2012, 12:40   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I almost forgot. Which route did you take from Trichy to Kumbakonam? I would proceed onto Mayuram from Kumbakonam.

We want to see the Ucchi Pillayar Temple and proceed to Mayuram the next day. Would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay in Trichy if possible close to the Kumbakonam road. We stayed at Ramyas on our last visit to Trichy - though the place was okay, it was bang in the city centre it seemed.
In Trichy, most good hotels are very close to the Central Bus Stand, which is at the City(?) Center. Ramyas is good - I've been staying there since 2005.

From Ramyas, the road to Thanjavur (and then onto Kumbakonam) is just a few minutes drive - so there's nothing to worry.

Among the many routes to Kumbakonam from Trichy, I'd prefer the Trichy - Thuvakudy - Thanjavur - Kumbakonam route.
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 14:30   #353
BHPian

PLA Residency near Chatram bus stand is pretty all right. Book in advance as it is almost always full.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 19:38   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

From Trichy to Tanjore, take the regular route via Thiruverumbur which is 4L.
From Tanjore to Kumbakonam, better go via Thiruvaiyaur & Kabisthalam which is better option and has less traffic. I find the bus route to KMU via Papanasam very tiring and also not very safe because of narrow roads, blind turns and rash driving by Bus drivers and private cabs.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:43   #355
BHPian

Travelled from bangalore to trichy yesterday.

Be prepared for worst road conditions from Hosur to Krishnagiri. Road work is going on for laying out new lanes. I nearly missed hitting the road work sign board and deviation as it was not visible at all at 5 am and my speed was only 90 kmph.

I went through Namakkal->Kulithalai->trichy stretch. The road work is almost complete from Kulithalai to trichy except for about the last 15-20kms.
Old 25th October 2012, 22:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
I went through Namakkal->Kulithalai->trichy stretch. The road work is almost complete from Kulithalai to trichy except for about the last 15-20kms.
Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy is in better shape and infact, its faster than Kulithalai route (depends on where you want to go in Trichy)
Old 25th October 2012, 22:19   #357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy is in better shape and infact, its faster than Kulithalai route (depends on where you want to go in Trichy)
Quote:
Is this the 4-lane work part or just a fix of the current road.
If the 4-lane work is done, then great! (I think I am dreaming too much ? )
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 22:24   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Kulithalai-Trichy : When I travelled on this route last month, 4L work was still in progress in many stretches - not completed yet. 2L roads were generally in good shape but was bad at some stretches.

Musiri-Trichy : 2L all the way but the roads are patched. No pot holes and very good to drive.
nfsfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 23:42   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Im hpoing the same too After crossing Periyar bridge, immediately on left there is a mud path connecting to the 4L road (before entering Kulithalai). Bikers went on that, I also followed them instead of going into the Kulithalai village. The 4L is almost complete till Mukkombu.

The only pain on this stretch is Thottiyam - Kulithalai, road has gone worse due to continous rains.
Naturalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 23:48   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kulithalai-Trichy : When I travelled on this route last month, 4L work was still in progress in many stretches - not completed yet. 2L roads were generally in good shape but was bad at some stretches.
Quote:
Im hpoing the same too
Thanks guys. How is the Karur-Kulithalai stretch?
Last I heard was that there was nothing done except for the bypass at Karur!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks