Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 10:53   #331
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Did hebbal to thillai nagar in 5.5 hours while going and 6 hours while returning.
Given the road conditions, this is excellent timing.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:23   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Had been to Trichy and Swamimalai over the weekend. Took the namakkal kannanur pagalavadi Trichy route. Excellent roads, except for the uneven stretch in Thoppur ghat while returning. Lots of sun flowers between namakkal and kannanur. Very beautiful. Did hebbal to thillai nagar in 5.5 hours while going and 6 hours while returning.

Also took the Trichy saliyamangalam route to reach thirukarugavur than the normal tanjore swamimalai route. Found it to be good.
As @temple mention, timings were really good. This includes only drive time or also breaks?
How is the Saliamangalam route? Is it too narrow? Because I found the road from Papanasam to be so. Hopefully that broken was fixed long back.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:23   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

As @temple mention, timings were really good. This includes only drive time or also breaks?
How is the Saliamangalam route? Is it too narrow? Because I found the road from Papanasam to be so. Hopefully that broken was fixed long back.
This is only driving time. With breaks add 45 mins. Saliyamangalam to papanasam is bit narrow but manageable. Can drive at 50 kph. Also I left Bangalore and Trichy very early. At 5 AM. That helped a lot in saving time.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:31   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Had been to thirukarugavur in month of May.

1. The road from Trichy to Tanjore is a breeze. Once the Tanjore bypass ends the road abruptly becomes 2 lane.
2. This 2 lane road which goes to Nagapattinam is bumpy but did not have much traffic.
3. The left at Saliamangalam is not well marked but the road is okayish but narrow. There is little traffic thought. On that 10 km stretch I managed to spot only around 5 vehicles. The bridge across the river is completed and I was able to proceed to Papanasam (and thence to Kumbakonam) after darshan
Old 4th August 2012, 20:16   #335
Senior - BHPian

Heard in news channels today, that as per High Court order, they are closing all sand mafias in many places in TN including Musiri.

Hopefully, there won't be torture from sand lorries for next few months, until they restart the business illegally.

-Ravi
Old 9th August 2012, 14:42   #336
BHPian

Planning a trip to Trichy next week - any idea how the current condition of the Namakkal --> Musiri --> Trichy SH is now?
Old 9th August 2012, 15:49   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Planning a trip to Trichy next week - any idea how the current condition of the Namakkal --> Musiri --> Trichy SH is now?
I did B'lore-Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy last week.

The roads between Namakkal-Musiri is very good. Only issue could be traffic - depends on which part of day you cross that section.

Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy: The roads are OKayish and definitely manageable (occassional bad stretches/potholes). Not much diversions now. I would even recommend this stretch over my usual favourite Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy.
I did this Namakkal-Trichy in 1hr 15mins of relaxed driving in i10.

I heard Musiri-Trichy direct route is still not in good shape. But not sure. Others please update.
Old 9th August 2012, 16:28   #338
BHPian

Musiri - Gunaseelam -Trichy is better than Musiri -Kulithalai -Trichy.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:05   #339
Senior - BHPian

Am not able to draw any conclusion from the above 2 posts So, how is Musiri-Gunaseelam-Tollgate route ?
Old 10th August 2012, 11:50   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Musiri - Gunaseelam -Trichy is better than Musiri -Kulithalai -Trichy.
Do you mean that the road conditions are improved in Musiri-Gunaseelam-Trichy route? Last when I drove in this stretch (4-5 months back), it was in pathetic condition with many scientifically designed Potholes which you just cannot avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Am not able to draw any conclusion from the above 2 posts So, how is Musiri-Gunaseelam-Tollgate route ?
Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy is in better condition now with less diversions. It was drivable and I covered Kulithalai-Trichy in less than 30 mins in i10. No idea about Musiri-Gunaseelam-Tollgate route.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:21   #341
BHPian

In an Innova with my father who suffers from backache, I found Musiri -Gunaseelam - Toll gate immensely more comfortable than via Kulithalai. This was 2 months ago. It has been newly resurfaced.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 12:26   #342
BHPian

Quote:
In an Innova with my father who suffers from backache, I found Musiri -Gunaseelam - Toll gate immensely more comfortable than via Kulithalai. This was 2 months ago. It has been newly resurfaced.
This is definitely a great news. Thanks sunsetorange.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:25   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That explains it Last time we'd been that way, it was terrible to say the least.
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:27   #344
BHPian

Just back from a trip to Trichy and thanks to Sunsetorange I took Musiri-Gunaseelam-Trichy route.
It's really in very good shape and enjoyed a very good drive after a very long time in that stretch (not in last 2 years at least)
The truck traffic was also not much during that time (around 6-7 AM).

So folks who are travelling to trichy, enjoy that route before it start detoriate again. I believe the roads should hold well for another 3 months at least but much depends on the truck traffic.
nfsfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:35   #345
BHPian

Glad to be of help! Cheers ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks