Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 17:22   #301
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Hi all,

I traveled from Bangalore to Trichy on 24-Dec-2011 via Salem-Namakal-Srinivasanallur (just before Musiry) to take the cauvery bridge to Trichy. The roads were good until Srinivasanallur and after that there were too many pot holes, road works and difficult to drive beyond 40-50 Km/h. It took me a solid 1.5 hours from Srinivasanallur to reach Trichy.

Regards,

Murali
Old 30th December 2011, 18:50   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
It took me a solid 1.5 hours from Srinivasanallur to reach Trichy.
Has Musiri-No. 1 Tollgate become so unbearably bad ? Last time I did, I was able to maintain 40-60 as you mention even with the good, bad and ugly sections. 1.5 hrs seems way too much.

By any chance you took the WIP Trichy-Karur stretch (guessing from the Cauvery bridge, as thats the only one I remember of on that stretch).
Old 9th January 2012, 10:47   #303
BHPian

My uncle drove from Bangalore to Trichy yesterday and here's the route i suggested which turned out to be good. ::

From Blr > Hosur >> Salem >> Namakkal >> Thuraiyur road >> Pannanur >> Pagalavadi >> manachhanellur >> tollgate >>Srirangam.
Also attached is the gpx file for any gps users. Route indications only from Namakkal to trichy.

The zip file contains a .lmx file for use with Nokia phone with GPS as it doesn't support gpx files. Direct gpx file also uploaded..
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Namakkal.thuraiyur.trichy.gpx (1.5 KB, 611 views)
File Type: zip Namakkal.thuraiyur.zip (1,003 Bytes, 170 views)
lancersfx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 12:54   #304
Senior - BHPian

Traveled B'lore-Trichy-Kumbakonam last weekend.

No new updates from my earlier posts,other than the usual worsening Musiri roads.

Simply avoid Namakkal-Musiri-Gunaseelam-Trichy road & take Thuraiyur road which still remains best option.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 01:23   #305
Senior - BHPian

Are there any recent takers of Karur-Trichy road? I did this route in May'2011 and the road was horrible at that time. I just wanted to know the current condition as its been 8 months since I tried this route.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:37   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Are there any recent takers of Karur-Trichy road? I did this route in May'2011 and the road was horrible at that time. I just wanted to know the current condition as its been 8 months since I tried this route.
I just saw this thread. I am planning to go to Trichy/Tanjavore weekend after 26th. Please throw some light on Karur-Trichy route. From the map that seems to be better way to reach Trichy.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:44   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I just saw this thread. I am planning to go to Trichy/Tanjavore weekend after 26th. Please throw some light on Karur-Trichy route. From the map that seems to be better way to reach Trichy.
Don't judge the route by seeing the map. Road widening work is on between Karur-Trichy. I did this route in May'2011. The route was horrible at that time and I decided not to take that route again until the widening is completed. I do not know about the status of current condition though.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:27   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Don't judge the route by seeing the map. Road widening work is on between Karur-Trichy. I did this route in May'2011. The route was horrible at that time and I decided not to take that route again until the widening is completed. I do not know about the status of current condition though.
To my knowledge, it is still not ready to take Karur-Trichy 4L. I did Kulithalai-Trichy in Nov2011 and there were many deviations, and it is just okay to go in day time.

Why take this route, when you have better choice of Thuraiyur road to Trichy?

-Ravi
Old 12th February 2012, 13:24   #309
BANNED

Took Thuraiyur, Namakkal route from Trichy yesterday morning after going through the forum....
Trichy to Thuraiyur route is good even you can reach 100 KMs
Missed the Kannanur diversion on the left hand side after crossing a college as stated, however before Thuraiyur a well marked diversion to Namakkal and Musuri are available took a left from there
Reached Kannanur, Thattayangarpettai & Erumaipatti and then Namakkal...

Overall route condition is good except a few places, where construction of bridges are going on.. so you have to take a diversion. Overall traffic seemed to be sparse

Took around 1 hour 50 Min for me.... As first time I am taking this route traveled leisurely... enquiring routes at few places..

Distance from Trichy Srirangam to Namakkal came to around 99 KMs in my odo
Since construction work is going on for a railway level crossing bridge within Namakkal city, I had to take a diversion reach the Namkkal Trichy Main road and proceed further...
Old 7th March 2012, 10:54   #310
BHPian

All,

I would be travelling mid Apr to Trichy and any recent updates from @lancersfx, @ravib , @nfsfreak on the latest road conditions would definitely be of great help
Old 29th March 2012, 10:17   #311
BHPian

@ CSatheesh The road conditions have only worsened is what i hear about the Musiri stretch as my uncle's friend (driving a Scorpio) just came by yesterday. But I'm unsure of the exact condition. I'll check and find out more.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:06   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
Since construction work is going on for a railway level crossing bridge within Namakkal city, I had to take a diversion reach the Namkkal Trichy Main road and proceed further...
Drove yesterday From Bangalore to Trichy and back via Thurayur. The railway overbridge at Namakal on the Thurayur strech is now open.There are about three other minor diversions around small bridges under construction between Namakal and Trichy. The quality of the road is otherwise fine maybe slightly uneven with potholes filled in. Cruising at about 80 Kmph is easy . The greatest benefit of this route over the Musiri road is the abscence of the convoys of sand lorries and hence no need for the dart and duck driving between the sand lorries..
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:32   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Drove yesterday From Bangalore to Trichy and back via Thurayur. The railway overbridge at Namakal on the Thurayur strech is now open.There are about three other minor diversions around small bridges under construction between Namakal and Trichy. The quality of the road is otherwise fine maybe slightly uneven with potholes filled in. Cruising at about 80 Kmph is easy . The greatest benefit of this route over the Musiri road is the abscence of the convoys of sand lorries and hence no need for the dart and duck driving between the sand lorries..
Thanks for the update. I'mm planning to do BNG - TRY in a month time. whats the status of kulithalai - trichy NH upgrade ?
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:54   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Thanks for the update. I'mm planning to do BNG - TRY in a month time. whats the status of kulithalai - trichy NH upgrade ?
As bad as ever, thanks to road widening. Lots of bad roads, deviations. a sector to be avoided. Update from 10 days ago.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:58   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
No point taking this option. A friend traveled and few days back and was not happy at all.
Better to take Thuraiyur option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks