Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 16:20   #241
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Yes, I too drove this morning from Trichy to Bangalore via Musiri-> Thottiyam. The roads have been laid fresh in many stretches and bad stretch should not be more than a KM in distance.
Old 9th May 2011, 18:36   #242
Team-BHP Support

Thats good update. Does that mean, its good to go via Musiri and one does not need to go via Thiraiyur?
Old 16th May 2011, 13:50   #243
BHPian

Yes, we can now avoid the Namakkal-> Thottiyam-> Trichy route.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:18   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Yes, we can now avoid the Namakkal-> Thottiyam-> Trichy route.
@k149in, you meant we can avoid Thuraiyur route? I guess its a typo in your post. Otherwise it contradicts and means we still need to avoid Musiri/Thottiyam route and have to go via Thuraiyur.

-Ravi
Old 16th May 2011, 18:31   #245
Team-BHP Support

Looks like so. This weekend folks at home tried the regular Musiri and route and said had no issues at all.
Old 17th May 2011, 13:24   #246
BHPian

Oops, sorry about that, its a typo error. I meant we can now avoid Nammakal-> Thuraiyur-> Trichy route.
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:09   #247
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Manaparai - Route Condition

Hi Guys,

I am travelling this weekend to Manaparai.

Planning to take Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Musiri - Thottiyam - Kulithalai - Manaparai route.

From the previous posts have got to know that Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Musiri - Thottiyam road conditions are good. Please throw some light on the road conditions from Thottiyam - Kulithalai - Manaparai.

Also let me know if there are any alternate routes to Manaparai with good road conditions. Doing this stretch for the first time.
Old 24th May 2011, 07:13   #248
Team-BHP Support

The route you mentioned is the shortest route to Manapparai, though I am not aware of the road status of the last section. But Namakkal Musiri has been patched up and seems to be OK.
Old 24th May 2011, 08:38   #249
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore to Manaparai - Route Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Please throw some light on the road conditions from Thottiyam - Kulithalai - Manaparai.
On 25 April 2011, I drove on Trichy-Kulithalai-Musiri-Thottiyam-Namakkal-Bangalore route. There was a small stretch of potholed road [SH 25] of less than 1 km between Musiri and Thottiyam. Apart from that, the entire stretch of Musiri-Thottiyam-Namakkal was either patched up or resurfaced. The road was nice to drive on. I don't know the condition of Kulithalai-Manapparai stretch.

Old 6th June 2011, 10:27   #250
MCR
BHPian

Have to head to Trichy for a Colleagues Marriage.
We plan to take the following route;

Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Musri - Pachur - Trichy.

Please let me know the road conditions on this route or if any better route is available. Also please let me know must visit places in and around Trichy.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:48   #251
BHPian

Are there any byepass in Tiruchi to reach Madurai Road NH45B from NH67 when travelling from Karur towards Madurai? GMaps shows a disconnected "4 Laned road" along this path.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:04   #252
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Musri - Pachur - Trichy. Please let me know the road conditions on this route or if any better route is available. Also please let me know must visit places in and around Trichy.
You can go on this route. There is a bad stretch of less than a km between Thottiyam and Musiri with a lot of pot-holes/craters. Other than that, the road is fine all the way from Bangalore to Trichy.

There are a lot of temples to visit: Sri Rangam, Uchchi Pillayar temple at Rock Fort [Malai Kottai], Thiruvanaikkaval Shiva temple, Samayapuram Mariyamman temple, to name a few.

Sangeetha's is a nice vegetarian hotel located near the central bus stand where delicious food is available from the early morning up to midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Are there any byepass in Tiruchi to reach Madurai Road NH45B from NH67 when travelling from Karur towards Madurai? GMaps shows a disconnected "4 Laned road" along this path.
NH 67 is being widened to 4 lanes with a lot of diversions till it reaches the heart of Trichy, with no bypass to NH45 or 45B. But, if you want to go from Karur to Madurai, you can go on NH 7 via Dindukkal unless you have to come to Trichy specifically.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 6th June 2011 at 11:26.
  (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 14:45   #253
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, Roads are intermittently bad in Musiri-Trichy section too.
~~~~~
Ramanan, Agree with Ravi. Unless you need to visit Trichy, you can take NH7 via Dindigul to Madurai. If you have to go via Trichy, you have to undergo hell until Kulithalai. Cross the Kaveri bridge and take the Musiri-Trichy road till Tollgate. Take a left at Tollgate and you'll be on NH45 within 2 mins.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:52   #254
BHPian

Hi,

can somebody suggest places for coffee/breakfast around Salem-Namakkal. since it will be a brief break, do not want GRT and A2B is too close to Bangalore.

thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:10   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
Hi,

can somebody suggest places for coffee/breakfast around Salem-Namakkal. since it will be a brief break, do not want GRT and A2B is too close to Bangalore.

thanks
Hotel Arya Bhavan (about 20km from Salem on the highway).

Ref:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2443207
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks