Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 00:19   #6211
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
Looks like intermittent bad patches in the 20kms stretch between Ramnagar and Anmod as per https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5818105 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

I too am travelling on 15th Aug and planning to take Hubli-dharwad-ramnagar-molem route. I am keeping an option open on Mundgod - yellapur - ankola - karwar route if I hear from anyone to prefer this over anmod.
Please do update the forum post your travels regarding the road conditions as I also have travels planned in the last week of August.Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 00:38   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like intermittent bad patches in the 20kms stretch between Ramnagar and Anmod as per https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5818105 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

I too am travelling on 15th Aug and planning to take Hubli-dharwad-ramnagar-molem route. I am keeping an option open on Mundgod - yellapur - ankola - karwar route if I hear from anyone to prefer this over anmod.
Keep it simple.

If your destination is South Goa, say Madgao, Canacona, Palolem, Galgibaug, Agonda, Mobor, Varca, Banaulim then take the Yellapur - Karwar road.

If your destination is North Goa, say Panaji, Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, Vagator, Siolim, Morjim, Arambol, Ashwem, then take the Ramnagar - Anmod road.
ashkamath is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 22:19   #6213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
Planning trip to Goa on 15th Aug. Always taken Hubali-Dharwad-Ramngar-Dharwad route in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajgir View Post
I am also planning to drive on 15th August.
Quote:
I too am travelling on 15th Aug and planning to take Hubli-dharwad-ramnagar-molem route.
+1 to all of you. Same date, same route and same destination. Bf at A2B Sira, tea break at Woods restaurant near Dharwad, late lunch at Hotel Amigos Restaurant and bar.

Whosoever notices the bad road conditions first, please do update this thread.

Happy Independence Day Weekend
gurminder_81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 12:47   #6214
Senior - BHPian

Ariel view of the collapsed Karwar Bridge.

Old 15th August 2024, 11:22   #6215

For North Goa, this is teh best stretch. I took the same route to Arpora yesterday. As mentioned earlier in the post Between Ramnagar and Karnataka border for a distance of about 20 KM, the road is bad in patches. Driving slowly and carefully the rough patches can be easily covered. I left Bangalore at 4:30 AM and reached Arpora at 2:00PM, this included a breakfast break of 45 mins at Apoorva Resorts, Davangere.
saiaarjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 19:25   #6216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Keep it simple.

If your destination is South Goa, say Madgao, Canacona, Palolem, Galgibaug, Agonda, Mobor, Varca, Banaulim then take the Yellapur - Karwar road.

If your destination is North Goa, say Panaji, Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, Vagator, Siolim, Morjim, Arambol, Ashwem, then take the Ramnagar - Anmod road.
I need to return to Bangalore tomorrow, would leave late maybe 11:30 am from N. Goa.
For my onward journey I came via Yellapur > Karwar > S.Goa . There the roads are ok, a few bad patches around Yellapur.

Return since I have a late start thinking of a stopover midway.
Query is the Ramnagar - Anmod road - Dharward road in good condition ?
Old 16th August 2024, 19:31   #6217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
This is my usual plan. A mid-way stopover. Start 11/12 and drive to Dharwad and stay for the night.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 19:53   #6218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I need to return to Bangalore tomorrow, would leave late maybe 11:30 am from N. Goa.
For my onward journey I came via Yellapur > Karwar > S.Goa . There the roads are ok, a few bad patches around Yellapur.

the Ramnagar - Anmod road - Dharwad road is good except for some bad section as reported by other car drivers who took the route recently. Say, some 15-20 Kms of rough, patchy, potholed bad roads in total in that stretch. But once you hit Dharwad, it's 6 lane NH all the way. So, you hit the NH earlier and quicker if you take the Anmod route instead of the Yellapur road. Other than that bad section, the Goa state side of this route is very good.

The rains have stopped and things have improved. So, it's a better option to take Anmod route instead of Karwar - Yallapur road.
ashkamath is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 21:28   #6219
BHPian

Hello fellow travellers,

I've started planning a solo bike ride on my HD 440 X to Goa in November 2024.

Do you have any suggestions or feedback on the route I have selected?

Name:  Nov 2024 Ride route.png
Views: 189
Size:  392.4 KB

I will try my best to keep updating here on my preparations as time goes by.
Old 24th August 2024, 22:41   #6220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDx440Life View Post
Hello fellow travellers,
The Bangalore -Pune highway is boring. Take the other Hassan -Sringeri - route. Enjoy the coastal road.

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2024 at 22:56. Reason: Removed dead links from quoted post
ashkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 17:55   #6221
BHPian

If someone is planning to do Bangalore to Goa over 2-3 days, what would be the best route from a scenery and tourism perspective? Travel would be in last week of September. Thanks.
Old 5th September 2024, 18:54   #6222

We travelled from Bangalore to Varca on 28th Aug 2024 via

Tumkur, Chitradurga, Davangere, Hubli, Dharwad, Mollen.

NH 67 is drive able. Road 748 condition for about 20 odd kms is absolutely terrible. Our Audi A4 made it with a lot of navigating and challenging its suspensions. (See attached pics)

The saving grace of this route is you get to stop by at the Big Mishra Peda at Dharwad and see the Live counter where the Peda is being made. Pedas are truly amazing here. All other namkeens here can be given a clear miss. The adjacent Rajasthani thali serves thali only and there is no a la carte.

We avoided this route on the way back after darshan at Udupi temple and took the
Udupi, Padubidri, Bajagoly, Belthangady, Ujjire, Dharmasthala, Shirady, Gundya, Saklespur road.

There is a lot of road work at Gundya area and misleading boards. We took the road diversion towards Kukke which also showed Bangalore as the direction and had to retrace our steps back. Avoid these roads post sunset. The Shirady ghat section road continues to be challenging with heavy truck traffic and we took our time covering this stretch. Overall time taken for this route was about 10 hours with several pitstops enroute.

Hassan - Bangalore stretch is great. Usual weaving in/out of traffic is the norm here.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-748_1.jpeg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-748_2.jpeg

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2024 at 22:57.
Seeker108 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 07:33   #6223
BHPian

Drove to Goa using Dharwad, Alnawar, Ramnagar, Anmod route. Usual bad road between Ramnagar and Anmod with a particularly bad patch around 7km before Anmod. Please be aware of cops checking for documents on the Goa side of the border just after descending the ghat section. They even checked to see if sunfilm is applied on windows. Within Goa, the maximum speed allowed is 60KPH. There are interceptors with speed guns on the way to Ponda.
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 09:32   #6224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
Within Goa, the maximum speed allowed is 60KPH. There are interceptors with speed guns on the way to Ponda.
I thought the speed limit in Goa is,
50 Kph for Trucks, buses, heavy vehicles
60 Kph for two wheelers
70 Kph for LMV such as cars.
Old 20th September 2024, 10:20   #6225
BHPian

Dear T-BHPians, Can anyone of you suggest me a good route for Assonora, Goa from Hubli. I will take the Anmod route. But after that I am not sure how to proceed as I am not sure if the roads suggested by Google are really motorable - as they go deep inside rural Goa. Should I go to Panjim and then go to Assonora, or is there anyway I can avoid this. Thanks in advance. Destination: Club Mahindra Assonora. I am good with Bangalore-Hubli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks