Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2022, 10:16   #5776
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Bengaluru - NH 48 - Bankapura - Tadas - Kalaghatgi - Yellapur - Karwar - Palolem route. Please share about road condition between Tadas and Kalaghatgi, if you have travelled recently.
I did the Bangalore - Ankola on this leg last weekend. However, went up to Hubli bypass - Kalaghatgi - Yellapur - Ankola and roads were good throughout except for some bad patches in the ghats and the road after. But nothing to worry. Left Hubli bypass at 11 am and reached Gokarna by 2 pm.
kiran_aithal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 07:38   #5777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Apoorva resort from Bangalore is about 280 kms. Not sure how it can be done in 2 hours maintaining 90kmph? Or am i missing something?

We are going to south goa with family in a car. Wanted to know how is the recent road condition if we take detour from Bankapur toll and reach yellapur via Mundgod? We usually take this route when on bike. Now that we are in a car, should we stick to hubli >kalghatgi >yellapur road?
Sorry about the timelines, it could be 7:30 am when I reached and I might have started a little earlier than 4 am. However I didn't faced any issue on the way, except when we reached Apoorva, it started raining heavily and we actually missed the turn to Apporva by few yards. Had to reverse and enter, but I do remember that they had not opened up the services even then and said even after 30-45 mins, they can only serve idlis. We used their washroom and decided to move on. So to be on safe side make sure that you reach them after 8:30 am only. When I started my maps also said arrival time at around 8 am but I reached earlier.
bhugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:58   #5778

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Apoorva resort from Bangalore is about 280 kms. Not sure how it can be done in 2 hours maintaining 90kmph? Or am i missing something?

We are going to south goa with family in a car. Wanted to know how is the recent road condition if we take detour from Bankapur toll and reach yellapur via Mundgod? We usually take this route when on bike. Now that we are in a car, should we stick to hubli >kalghatgi >yellapur road?

I did the Hubli bypass - Kalghatgi - Yellapur - Ankola route just this past week and I would recommend this one. Although the Hubli bypass is a slightly longer route than the Mundgod one, it is better for cars IMO.

Yellapur - Ankola was smooth with about 20 KMs of rough patches here and there. This was my first road trip to Goa and I was amazed by how the road quality gets significantly better once you leave Karnataka and enter Goa.
insaneani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 14:20   #5779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about the timelines, it could be 7:30 am when I reached and I might have started a little earlier than 4 am.
Got it.

Last saturday, we left from nelamangala toll at 4:45am and reached Apoorva by around 8AM. The place wasen't only open, it was crowded too. We somehow managed find a table after waiting for a bit. This was the long Diwali weekend and Apporva seemed under prepared for the crowd. Understaffed, lower quality food then their usual, and much delays. Looking at the crowd that was coming in, they diluted the Sambhar so much that it became of Rasam consistency. We were thoroughly disappointed with the entire breakfast experience, compared to few of our previous visits there.

Quote:
I did the Hubli bypass - Kalghatgi - Yellapur - Ankola route just this past week and I would recommend this one. Although the Hubli bypass is a slightly longer route than the Mundgod one, it is better for cars IMO.
This is the route we eventually took and on the return too. The road is much improved now. Except for 2 flyover under construction with diversion, the entire stretch from tumkur to hubli is done well. Some stretches in ghat section and some 30 odd kms stretch before Ankola is in bad broken shape, barring which its all smooth and good.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 08:33   #5780

Went from Bangalore to Goa on 22nd Oct and returned on 26th Oct.

I took Dharwad - Alnavar - Londa - Mollem - Ponda - Majorda route. left Bangalore around 4AM and reached 1PM.

Except for some bad patches for 10-15 kms after Ramnagar, all the other roads are pretty good.

Took the same route back - left around noon and reached home around 10PM.

Overall - I would recommend this route for all cars.
pkjains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:35   #5781
BHPian

What exactly is the condition on the anmod -ramnagar route? Is the stretch safe enough to drive in a sedan especially early morning 4-5 am? . My usual route was via karwar, but now the Ankola to Yellapur stretch is in horrible condition, so was thinking about taking the anmod route for coming back to bangalore this weekend.
Old 29th October 2022, 12:20   #5782

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
What exactly is the condition on the anmod -ramnagar route? Is the stretch safe enough to drive in a sedan especially early morning 4-5 am? . My usual route was via karwar, but now the Ankola to Yellapur stretch is in horrible condition, so was thinking about taking the anmod route for coming back to bangalore this weekend.
The section between Anmod and Ramnagar has some really bad patches which I would not recommend to drive over in night in a sedan. If you leave Goa around 5AM, by the time you reach this stretch, it should be post day break.
Old 29th October 2022, 16:26   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
What exactly is the condition on the anmod -ramnagar route?
The bad stretch is there for some 15 - 20 kms which is not entirely bad but in patches and quite manageable with any car. But few pot holes are very deeper.

Quote:
Is the stretch safe enough to drive in a sedan especially early morning 4-5 am?
IMHO, safe during day time.
ramanan.skr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 19:06   #5784
BHPian

Thanks for the updates, but i stuck to my regular route via Ankola-Kalghatgi-Tadas-Blore. Ankola to Yellapur is a nightmare, dodging the potholes that seem to be everywhere. Tadas road is bad too, but it saves some time and distance, so have to live with that.
Old 30th October 2022, 22:20   #5785
BHPian

Travelled to Bangalore through Ramnagar today. Road condition is good, concrete in most of the places. Some nasty potholes and one way near Dudhsagar resort. Rest just bad roads in patches nothing very serious. Goa side is four laned for most part.

Left Baga around 9.15, reached Dharwad by12.30.

This route is definitely recommended during day time.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:39   #5786
BHPian

Did the Blr-Goa last Sat -
The usual rigor from Nelamangala till after Tumkur. After that its sweetest drive till Hubli Bypass but with lot of race track wannabes.

From Hubli bypass Dharwad is again heavy truck and 2-lane issues - At times might make whole Project planning to be done for overtaking series of 10 trucks with slowest in the lead and Cars drivers showing amazing overtaking skill set especially when it least expected to do that maneuver... what a challenging Emotional Stability we see at times.

Anyways , take left from Dharwad bypass- I still don't understand why there is Toll booth there for completely broken road ahead - Might be for the bad patch we just have passed ....

Ramnagar to Anmod is in bad shape- So I took left for the Castlerock road - The road is really nice, but was stopped at 4 places by local kids (6 - 16 year age) carrying long tree branch and asking for money.... I learnt that honling continuously and not rolling down window makes them move quickly... Some Village level extortion going on here- So please keep that in mind. And I am pretty sure they are going to get bolder as more and more private vehicles start passing. Roads are narrow on places and I had to back up for 10 mtrs twice to let other vehicle pass. Almost no signal for 15 kms with Forest drive - Please keep offline map downloaded for the area if taking this route.

Time saving is there, but not advisable to be done early morning or late evening.
rustyg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 15:20   #5787
BHPian

Hello All, I know enough discussions have been made here regarding the route to Goa but still wanted to check the best route suggestions from Bangalore to Calangunte as we are planning for night drive (11pm from Bangalore) in hatchback car grand i10. Also the hotel suggestions for night especially with the clean washrooms for ladies travelling with us. I had zeroed down to Bengaluru- Tumkur- chitradurga- Davanagere-Hubli- Dharwad - Ramnagar- Anmod Ghat - calangunte route but see lots of opinions on Ramnagar to Anmod ghat especially for the small cars. Please suggest, thanks in advance.
Old 7th November 2022, 11:53   #5788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
Went from Bangalore to Goa on 22nd Oct and returned on 26th Oct.

I took Dharwad - Alnavar - Londa - Mollem - Ponda - Majorda route. left Bangalore around 4AM and reached 1PM.

Except for some bad patches for 10-15 kms after Ramnagar, all the other roads are pretty good.

Took the same route back - left around noon and reached home around 10PM.

Overall - I would recommend this route for all cars.

Hi thanks for this suggestion. I am planning to take a very low sedan for this drive. Is it a good idea? Ive had bad experience of horrible roads and with the same car the last time I drove to goa from Bangalore. If its not that good roads, would prefer taking an SUV.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th November 2022, 12:00   #5789

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Hi thanks for this suggestion. I am planning to take a very low sedan for this drive. Is it a good idea? Ive had bad experience of horrible roads and with the same car the last time I drove to goa from Bangalore. If its not that good roads, would prefer taking an SUV.

Thanks in advance.
There will be 3-4 points in the 600kms stretch where you would need to tread carefully. Other than that, I dont see any issue taking the Sedan. I saw many sedans on this route and they did fine.
Old 8th November 2022, 19:37   #5790
BHPian

Update :
I travelled to Goa from Bangalore 2 weeks ago. I had taken the Belgaum -Tilhari ghat road.
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-route_goa.png

Please do not travel in this route. The Tilhari road . The road is broken and has many potholes. One would not cross 30kmph in this road.
On top of that the village kids stand on the road with a rope and keep asking for money. Which was kind of speed breaker for us.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks