Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 20:27   #5341
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post
Yeah. I'd recommend avoiding the Karawar - Yellapur route. I drove the Skoda Superb, and it was stressful.

I had a good experience with the Jog Falls route on my BLR to Goa journey. Although, if you're traveling to North Goa, you might want to go straight to Hubli since the highway is pretty good and follow the Mollem route. Check previous posts for that route's conditions, though.

Happy Journey!
I am going to South Goa, Palolem to be specific. So looks like Jog route is better. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2021, 03:17   #5342

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post

Since we're planning for South Goa, we wanted to avoid the Ramnagar - Mollem route.

Based on the feedback of roads on this thread, we plan to take the BLR > Tumakuru > Chitradurga > Shivamogga > Jog Falls > Honnavar > Karwar > Canacona route on the onward journey.
Thanks for sharing your trip info. I've also read the following replies as well - quite insightful

I'll be traveling in the coming week to North Goa, though the closest seems via the Google suggested Ramngar-Anmod route, however, this route mentioned seems to be better than the regular Ramnagar route that I've traveled. Is this stretch good to go by during the night? Would be leaving around 9pm from Hebbal.
Old 4th December 2021, 19:32   #5343
BHPian

Contrary to how the situation was reported here until a week ago, heard that now RTPCR is required at KA- GA border, due to recent anticipation of outbreak.

Can someone who travelled im last couple of days please confirm. Is it not possible to make do with double vaccination certificates? Also - is this true for KA to GA entry as well as GA to KA entry?
victoriacc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:06   #5344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am going to South Goa, Palolem to be specific. So looks like Jog route is better. Thanks.
Just back from Polelm via Jog. Here are my observations.

1. Canacona(Palolem Beach) to Karwar --> pretty good, no issues

2. Karwar to Ankola --> ~30% good roads(divided) 70% roads under construction. Will slow you down, but almost zero traffic on weekday.

3. Ankola to Honnavar --> ~50% good roads(divided) 50% roads under construction. Which will slow you down but almost no traffic on weekday.
Purohit Veg Restaurant is pretty good place to break for a meal or snacks, with nice Gudbud, service, parking, washing and Average rest rooms.

4. Honnavar to Gerusoppa cross --> Roads are decent to good, and moderate twists and turns

5. Gerusoppa cross to Hejani --> Very good roads, but with lot of twists and turns and does slow you down significantly.

6. Hejani to Sagar to Shimoga --> Roads are pretty good and can maintain decent speeds, depend on the time of the day

7. Shimoga to Hiriyur cross on Shimoga-Tumkur road is mixed bag with towns and lot of traffic. Aramane Vaibhav on this route is good place to break for a meal or a coffee.

8. Hiriyur cross on Shimoga-Tumkur road to Hiriyur via Hosadurga --> used to be super good just in september. However now I see good number of path-holes which takes a driver by surprise.

8. Hiriyur to Bangalore --> Mumbai -Bangalore Highway, excellent except some random path holes and pathetic Tumkur bypass.

My Recommendation would be:
From south goa to Bangalore via honnavar has more than 300KMs of undivided roads and with ~65kms of twists and turns, add to that cities like Ankola, Kumata, Honnavara, Sagara, Shimoga, Hosadurga would considerably add to travel time. If there is no reason to take this road (like visiting Jog or Idagunji) avoid this route. Instead take Karwar-->Ankola--> Yellapura --> Kalaghatgi --> Tadas --NH48 to Bangalore.

Last edited by manjubp : 4th December 2021 at 22:08.
Old 5th December 2021, 06:25   #5345

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacc View Post
Contrary to how the situation was reported here until a week ago, heard that now RTPCR is required at KA- GA border, due to recent anticipation of outbreak.

Can someone who travelled im last couple of days please confirm. Is it not possible to make do with double vaccination certificates? Also - is this true for KA to GA entry as well as GA to KA entry?
On 2nd Dec when I entered Goa ( via Karwar), I was asked if all of us are double vaccinated. When I said yes , we are- he let us go. Practically speaking, it isn’t possible to check every other vehicle esp in the holiday season like Dec month. This of course can change if the situation is really bad. For now.. you can breeze through. Still, it is better to carry double vaccination proofs ( print outs) just in case.

I will confirm about GA->KA part later. I see no reason why there should be additional scrutiny, esp since omicron is in KA and not GA
shaleenvashisht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 08:33   #5346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Just back from Polelm via Jog.
hi manjubp - since you just came back from Goa, pls confirm if RTPCR was being asked at the KA border ( and for Goa entry)? When exactly was this travel date. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2021, 17:56   #5347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacc View Post
hi manjubp - since you just came back from Goa, pls confirm if RTPCR was being asked at the KA border ( and for Goa entry)? When exactly was this travel date. Thanks in advance.
No, I just presented Vaccination certificate and no questions asked. I was with my family so probably it helped, along with government ID showed to the cop.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:34   #5348

No Vaccination asked at the KA border ( while coming from Goa to KA). I passed at around 8am in the morning… and I wasn’t stopped ( even for liquor check )
shaleenvashisht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 08:42   #5349
BHPian

As per News reports yesterday, Goa govt. has made it mandatory to carry RT-PCR report (less than 72 hours) for entry.

Can someone please confirm this as this was not carried on all mainstream media.
Old 6th December 2021, 08:48   #5350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
As per News reports yesterday, Goa govt. has made it mandatory to carry RT-PCR report (less than 72 hours) for entry.

Can someone please confirm this as this was not carried on all mainstream media.
Yes, this seems to be the case.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/cov...s-4521224.html

Would be good if it's confirmed by someone who reaches Goa today onward.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 08:50   #5351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

You can find it here:

Covid-19 Omicron: Goa Travel Guidelines for International and Domestic Passengers

Quote:
All Arriving passengers seeking entry in the State of Goa must carry a Covid negative test report for a test done a maximum of 72 hours prior to entering in Goa. The covid negative report shall mean RT-PCR/ TrueNat/CBNAAT, Rapid Angen Test or any other test as approved by ICMR
Quote:
Further, in the case of a person coming from Kerala, entry will be allowed with negative RT-PCR report with

the following additional conditions:- A. The students/ employees coming from Kerala shall be subjected to an Institutional Quarantine of 5 days. The arrangements for the quarantine for students will be done by the Administrators/ Principals
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:34   #5352
MCR
BHPian

Latest Circular from Govt. of Goa mandates a Negative RT-PCR report for entry.
I have essentially dropped my plan of visiting Goa now due to this new rule. Don't want to take the risk of trying to procure a RT-PCR report, especially with kids in tow.

I hope better sense prevails and fully vaccinated Citizens are allowed to move freely within India.
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:56   #5353
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that's just a badly formatted article based on a Goa government circular. Of course the government website is down currently so will need to wait to download the circular and check. In all probability, proof of double vaccination and an interval of 15 days after the second dose will all that will be required for domestic passengers (except for passengers from Kerala I think - again unfortunate and unscientific to have a restriction for just one state!) Hopefully, better written news articles will clarify shortly either way.

But the news of the new variant certainly seems to have had an effect- a couple of popular beaches in the South were gorgeous and empty this weekend while we were there. And traffic seems to be much less. I think the North is still packed with tourists though from what my friends in Panaji tell me.

Last edited by am1m : 6th December 2021 at 11:59.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:07   #5354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I think that's just a badly formatted article based on a Goa government circular. Of course the government website is down currently so will need to wait to download the circular and check. In all probability, proof of double vaccination and an interval of 15 days after the second dose will all that will be required for domestic passengers (except for passengers from Kerala I think - again unfortunate and unscientific to have a restriction for just one state!) Hopefully, better written news articles will clarify shortly either way.
Hi, since you are residing in Goa currently, could you tell me how much a RT-PCR test costs in Goa and how long it takes to get the report? I am visiting Goa soon, and wanted to know just in case the mandarins in the MH and KA govts make it mandatory too, which would mean I will need a test in Goa before my return to Pune. It's already mandatory in KA, but only for people coming from MH and KL. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th December 2021 at 12:10.
Old 6th December 2021, 12:11   #5355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, since you are residing in Goa currently, could you tell me how much a RT-PCR test costs in Goa and how long it takes to get the report?
Sorry, I don't know what the rates are since I've never taken one, been using my double vaccination certificate for the few trips I've done by road back home to Bangalore so far. Last I heard, a friend who was travelling paid 800 and got the results in a day. But that was way back in June. I'm sure it's cheaper now. Another friend went to Bangalore and returned last week, but again all that he needed was his double vaccination certificate. If I find out more, will post here.

Last edited by am1m : 6th December 2021 at 12:12.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks