Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2019, 22:28   #4501
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Any update on Anmod ghat? Is the road still closed?

I took the Chorla ghat route to reach Goa. The road is quite broken in some places in the ghat section. Though very much motorable.

Was wondering if I can take the Anmod ghat section if that is in a better shape.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 09:49   #4502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Any update on Anmod ghat? Is the road still closed?
Anmod Ghat is still closed. I suggest sticking to Chorla. That is indeed the shortest route for now.

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2019 at 11:20.
San_Khanna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 17:04   #4503

Sorry for the late update.
There was very poor net connectivity in Vasco.

I reached Goa in 13 hours (3 am to 6 pm) on 14th August.
Followed this road : Bangalore - Tumkuru - Sira - Hiriyur - Chitradurga - Anagodu - Tilwali - Islur - Sirsi - Divgi - Kumta - Ankola - Karwar - Palolem - Vasco
There was only one road block at Kumta.
It was raining cats and dogs here.

I came back from Goa on 17th August, almost 17 hours (17th August 11 am to 18th August 3 am) because of road blocks.
Followed route : Vasco - Sancoale - Kesarvale - Verna - Loutolim - Ponda - Pillem - Mollem
From Mollem we have to return back as road was closed ahead because of floods.
I took road via Chorla Ghat : Mollem - Satari - Chorla - Kankumbi - Betne - Jamboti - Olamani - Halakarni - Khanapur - Nandgad - Bidi - Kittur - Dharwad Bypass - Hubli Bypass - Haveri - Rannebennur - Harihar - Davangere Bypass - Chitradurga - Hiriyur - Sira - Tumakuru - Neelamangla - Bangalore

There was one bridge which was opened just a day back, till then it was submerged in flood water. There were landslides in Chorla Ghat which was cleared.
nayannilank is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:31   #4504
BHPian

Slightly off-topic question to folks who were in Goa over the weekend, is the ground situation safe enough for a holiday. I would appreciate feedback on both North Goa & southern resort areas.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 23:26   #4505
BHPian

Just returned after 4 days in Goa. Everything is fine. Spent all my time in North goa.
mav2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:32   #4506

Hi

This is my first post and first of all I would like to thank folks on this thread for all the info. Was following all posts closely. Helped me plan my trip amidst the uncertainty last week.

Returned after a 4 day trip to Goa. It's absolutely fine to visit there. Spent most of my time in north Goa with one trip to South.

While going from Bangalore took the following route: Bangalore - Tumkur - Arsikere - Tarikere - Shivamogga - Bhadravati - Sagar - Jog falls - Honnavar - Kumta-Karwar- Goa. Started at 5am from Bangalore, reached Goa by border at 6pm ( with 2 hr break in between as was travelling with kids) but took 3 hrs to reach Arpora due to blinding rains and consequent monstrous traffic jam around Zuari bridge. Route was scenic and it was a lovely monsoon drive with lush greenery and rains. Road condition was pretty good till Honnavar barring some isolated stretches between Jog falls and Honnavar due to land slides on ghat. After Honnavar the under construction expressway was a nuisance with multiple diversions and baby rains. Ride was bumpy.

While returning yesterday, took Arpora-Chorla--Jamboti-Belgaum- NH4. Started at 7am and reached home in Cooke town by 9pm. On the ghat section, faced issues only near the Goa Karnataka border for about 20mins. Road is damaged with multiple potholes but nothing dangerous to drive. From Karnataka border it was a smooth ride till Belgaum. On NH4 there are multiple diversions between Hubli and Chitradurga. Neelamangla toll was as usual horrible due to lane cutting by all and sundry

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st August 2019 at 09:43. Reason: typo + grammar
baanroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:29   #4507
BHPian

Hey, Thanks for the update, helped to decide on the Go or No Go.

Headed to Goa on the 23rd... any one else traveling on the same dates ?
Old 27th August 2019, 10:35   #4508
BHPian

came back from Goa - road updates.

While going went on the blr-chitradurga-channagiri-shivmogga-honnavar-karwar-palolem.

Roads are decent till honnavara, the nh17 is good in patches and bad in patches (bad mostly from honnavar-karwar). It was raining throughout from sagar onwards, so it affected my ride.

While returning, came through karwar-yellapur-hubli by pass-blr. the Yallapur-mundgod-bankapur road is closed. the other road is kalghati-mundgod-bankapur. But I preferred the hubli road. Road is good but for the flyover diversions between hubli and Chitradurga.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th August 2019 at 12:17. Reason: Mod Note: Please avoid typing.. like.. this.. read the announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you!
Old 29th August 2019, 14:11   #4509
BHPian

Going by Google maps, recommended route is Bangalore-Chitradurga-Devanagari-Haliyal-Kalghatgi- Dandeli-Castle Rock- Mollem.

Has anybody explored this option?
Old 29th August 2019, 16:21   #4510
BHPian

How are the Bangalore - Goa (South) roads now? Any suggested routes?
Google map shows a few road closures on the way. Any updates?
Old 29th August 2019, 16:27   #4511
BHPian

We did Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Hubli-Belgaum-Goa on 23rd and return through same route on 26th covering a total distance of 1300kms. The roads were decent for most part but the diversions on NH were irritating as it slowed us down considerably. Chorla Ghat was not in good shape, the roads had caved in at few places and the roads after Karnataka border had a lot of potholes and we had to drive a lot carefully. In both onward and return journey, it took us about 15 hours with 2 hours of breaks in between. It was raining heavily on 23rd from Belgaum to Goa with some amount of fog at Chorla ghat roads, but that made the drive even more enjoyable and scenic.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 21:25   #4512
BHPian

Hello travellers

A common concern. Request you to please confirm as soon as you can. Parag Bhai, Ertigiat, other frequent Goa travellers, your inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Though I'm travelling from Pune, I would be going to the southern part of Goa.

Is Anmod ghat operational, or Chorla is a better option. Kindly confirm as I'm would be driving tomorrow early morning.

Thanks
Rish
Old 29th August 2019, 21:38   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post

Is Anmod ghat operational, or Chorla is a better option.
From Pune, the best route would be Pune--Belgaum--Chorla ghat--Sanquelim--Ponda--Madgaon--South Goa.
Old 30th August 2019, 17:19   #4514
Distinguished - BHPian

I am aware there are diversions between Chitradurga and Hubli. Would like to know if these are short stretches or long ones. Anyone remembers the count ?
Old 30th August 2019, 17:47   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Hello travellers

A common concern. Request you to please confirm as soon as you can. Parag Bhai, Ertigiat, other frequent Goa travellers, your inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Is Anmod ghat operational, or Chorla is a better option. Kindly confirm as I'm would be driving tomorrow early morning.
Apologies, I missed this post. Anmod is operational (unofficially). Couple of friends who traveled today to Belgaum confirmed road in the ghat is complete and a single stretch at plateau is incomplete but did not face any issue to drive though it.

I am driving to Anmod tomorrow to ascertain exact state of the road.

The road between Ramnagar and Anmod is still incomplete so people travelling from Bangalore please stick to chorla ghat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
From Pune, the best route would be Pune--Belgaum--Chorla ghat--Sanquelim--Ponda--Madgaon--South Goa.
Probably the better road would have been Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Honda - Ponda - Margao - Destination in South Goa
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks