Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 10:54   #4261
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamraj View Post
Does this mean that this would be the best route to candolim from Bangalore?
Yes, if you plan to drive during the day then take the Bangalore-Hubli-Dharwad-Ramnagar-Anmod-Mollem-Old Goa-Panaji-Candolim. Suggest you start early morning from Bangalore.

Refer this post (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries) for more details - you can reach via scenic interior roads from Panaji->Reis Magos Fort-Candolim

Last edited by NPV : 11th December 2018 at 11:22.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 14:05   #4262
BHPian

Its that time of the year and I am a bit embarrassed to be asking this question. Driving gown to Varca from Banashankari during the last week of Dec.

Let me know (please), which one of the below is the best route. I drive a low GC Honda City, with 4 adults.

Banashankari-NICE Rd(?)-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca
-or-
Banashankari-Ring Road-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca

Going through Mungod is risky?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th December 2018, 14:12   #4263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Banashankari-NICE Rd(?)-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca
-or-
Banashankari-Ring Road-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca
Chosing between ORR and NICE depends on where you stay near Banashankari and how easy it is for you to enter PEST (NICE). However, since I take this route on regular basis to reach my home, I can (as of now) say that taking ORR is also sensible because there isn't any real Jam that you will encounter all the way till you hit NBTL at Tumkur road. No Break in the medians, No-Signals, No nothing. In fact, from Nayandahalli, you can hit Tumkur road without a traffic light by taking the Modern Bread Factory road after getting down the Rajkumar Samadhi Flyover.
Quote:
Going through Mungod is risky?
I will not call this one risky as it will also depend on the experience of driving on narrow and lonely stretches. At times, soon after driving on fast roads, the narrow stretches may just irritate you if you happen to trail a heavy vehicle or let one pass next to you. The Mungod route never had any safety issues as such.

Secondly, when with family, you may want to consider remaining closer to the main highway for any quick breaks.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 16:05   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Chosing between ORR and NICE depends on where you stay near Banashankari and how easy it is for you to enter PEST (NICE).
Secondly, when with family, you may want to consider remaining closer to the main highway for any quick breaks.
Absolutely helpful! This is the kind of insight I had hoped I would get. If possible, can you please provide this map or Google should be able to generate this?

I appreciate you for providing that valuable advise on staying close to the highways. I will stick to the longer route.

Thanks again.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 16:09   #4265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
This is the kind of insight I had hoped I would get. If possible, can you please provide this map or Google should be able to generate this?
You should get an idea by looking at this. Also note that google is more likely to suggest you this to get onto Tumkur road based on traffic at the time you drive. If traffic is thin, it may simply ask you to hit the Goreguntepalya junction ahead and turn left.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 19:55   #4266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Yes, if you plan to drive during the day then take the Bangalore-Hubli-Dharwad-Ramnagar-Anmod-Mollem-Old Goa-Panaji-Candolim. Suggest you start early morning from Bangalore.

Refer this post (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries) for more details - you can reach via scenic interior roads from Panaji->Reis Magos Fort-Candolim
Thanks NPV. I plan to leave in the afternoon and stop over at Chitradurga and leave in the morning the next day from there. That should get me into Goa by afternoon I guess.
Old 11th December 2018, 20:19   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Me and my friend will be driving to Goa with families on 22nd December morning and our destination is Colva. Can we still attempt Anmod ghat road? I drive a Mahindra TUV3OO and my friend drives a Ford EcoSport.
Old 11th December 2018, 20:24   #4268
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Can we still attempt Anmod ghat road? I drive a Mahindra TUV3OO and my friend drives a Ford EcoSport.
Yes. As per @Ertigiat, Anmod is not closed while the road widening work has started before the ghats - see this (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries) update (and the linked post there).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 17:15   #4269
BHPian

Important Update

Anmod ghat has been finally closed for all kinds of vehicular traffic since yesterday. This is officially confirmed ( source - allaboutbelgaum.com ). Ramnagar town onwards the road is fully blocked.

Folks driving Bangalore to North Goa :- Stick to Belgaum--Chorla--Sanquelim route.

Bangalore to South Goa :- Anything from Kolva beach onwards down south :- Stick to Hubli--Yellapur--Ankola--Karwar route.
vivek95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 11:00   #4270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Bangalore to South Goa :- Anything from Kolva beach onwards down south :- Stick to Hubli--Yellapur--Ankola--Karwar route.
We will take this route for our journey on 22 December: Bangalore - Muthalli - Kalghatgi - Yellapura - Ankola - Karwar - Colva.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-c.jpg  

Old 14th December 2018, 12:16   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
We will take this route for our journey on 22 December: Bangalore - Muthalli - Kalghatgi - Yellapura - Ankola - Karwar - Colva.
Not sure about this route. Many prefer taking the Bangalore--Bankapur--Mundgod--Yellapur route to bypass Hubli altogether. Hope others pitch in on this.
Old 14th December 2018, 12:30   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about this route. Many prefer taking the Bangalore--Bankapur--Mundgod--Yellapur route to bypass Hubli altogether. Hope others pitch in on this.
I had used this route in December 2017, posted here (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries).
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 09:36   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Important Update

Anmod ghat has been finally closed for all kinds of vehicular traffic since yesterday. This is officially confirmed ( source - allaboutbelgaum.com ). Ramnagar town onwards the road is fully blocked.

Folks driving Bangalore to North Goa :- Stick to Belgaum--Chorla--Sanquelim route.

Wish I had seen this yesterday morning! We went to Anmod and there was a policeman who stopped us from going down this route and directed us to Chorla instead.
yamraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 10:11   #4274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamraj View Post
Wish I had seen this yesterday morning! We went to Anmod and there was a policeman who stopped us from going down this route and directed us to Chorla instead.
So there are no boards or signs warning about this right a Hubli bypass? Even when Shiradi Ghat was closed they put up boards at Hassan bypass itself to hint this.

I hope they do this for Anmod also instead of stopping traffic right where the ghat starts so people can plan and take either Chorla or Yellapura options.

Will be even better if such a board is placed at the entry toll for Hubli Dharwad bypass because you can take a call whether to take Karwar route or Chorla here.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 14:20   #4275
BHPian

Dont they allow even private cars to cross through via Anmod? In the news (ref:) one guy mentioned that buses and private vehicles are allowed and only heavy vehicles are banned.
gautamal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks