Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 02:23   #3226
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the route is certainly longer. It first goes north and then comes down and again you climb up.

You are better off with NH4 till Bankapura and then Mungod Yellapura Karwar Colva.

Shorter and faster. Read my report that I posted last week.

This is certainly a time saver against going all the way to Hubli, taking the bypass and then driving to Yellapura.

I suggest this only because roads are fantastic in the interiors as soon as you get off NH4 till you join Yellapura(NH).

Here is the post link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3813606

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th October 2015 at 02:26.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 09:53   #3227
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We drove 2 kms ahead till IOCL before Ankola where there is a Kamat/CCD attached and freshened up
I did not know this. When did this CCD come up? There only used to be Kamat there.
Old 10th October 2015, 10:32   #3228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I did not know this. When did this CCD come up? There only used to be Kamat there.
I also didn't know ampere. Just when we were closing in on NH17 NH63 junction driving down, I noticed that typical signage for a CCD. I knew about Kamat but was wondering if this was on NH17 or NH63 (The CCD). So I pass this junction and realise its got to be on NH17 itself.

Go ahead further and spot an IOCL and on getting closer I see a Kamat and a CCD signage.

It seemed like a new facility or at least 6 months old from looks.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:24   #3229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Mungod Route:

It is indeed a time saver. Sample this, we turned right at Yellapura exactly at 1522 Hours by the clock and hit NH4 at Shiggaon at 1630 Hours. This is almost 70 mins with very sedate driving (say 70kmph max) as daughter was sleeping and it was a new road, narrow with few sudden turns and small speedbreakers. I don’t think if one takes Yellapura – Hubli Bypass – NH4 route, you can reach any faster to Shiggaon where we joined NH4.
Thanks for the update. How exactly did you reach Shiggaon? GM shows Yellapur Mundgod Bunkapur as the time saving shortcut. There is no road that I could see on GM to connect Mundgod with Shiggaon. Can you share a link?
Old 10th October 2015, 15:24   #3230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Thanks for the update. How exactly did you reach Shiggaon? GM shows Yellapur Mundgod Bunkapur as the time saving shortcut. There is no road that I could see on GM to connect Mundgod with Shiggaon. Can you share a link?
From Mungod I proceeded towards Bankapura but at Konageri, Instead of continuing towards Bankapura I took a left and just a little ahead I turned right. This right leads to Shiggaon.

As you can see from the attachment, the destination is Shiggaon and down below is Bankapura which would be mere 12-15 kms south of Shiggaon.

This whole piece of 12 kms is freshly laid all the way till you reach Shiggaon.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-1444470764036.jpg  

Old 11th October 2015, 20:35   #3231
BHPian

Hubli - Candolim

What is the current best route from Hubli to Candolim.
I am thinking of doing Hubli - M.k.Hubli - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla - Candolim.
I have done Belgaum - Chorla - Candolim some time back.

Highlighted the same in below map, kindly suggest.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-hc.jpg
Old 11th October 2015, 21:02   #3232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
What is the current best route from Hubli to Candolim.
I am thinking of doing Hubli - M.k.Hubli - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla - Candolim.
I have done Belgaum - Chorla - Candolim some time back.

Highlighted the same in below map, kindly suggest.

Attachment 1425870
Apart from MK Hubli Khanapur Jamboti you can as well do -
Hubli Bypass Alnavar Khanapur Jamboti Chorla Sanquelim Old Goa Panaji Candolim.

Please go through the last few posts on this same thread where members have reported on almost all possible routes for Goa including this.
Old 13th October 2015, 16:15   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
From Mungod I proceeded towards Bankapura but at Konageri, Instead of continuing towards Bankapura I took a left and just a little ahead I turned right. This right leads to Shiggaon.

As you can see from the attachment, the destination is Shiggaon and down below is Bankapura which would be mere 12-15 kms south of Shiggaon.

What is the advantage of doing Konageri-Shiggaon instead of Konageri-Bankapura? Is the road bad from Konageri?
Old 13th October 2015, 18:28   #3234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
What is the advantage of doing Konageri-Shiggaon instead of Konageri-Bankapura? Is the road bad from Konageri?
No such "advantage" that I have mentioned nor would try to. If you can read the line below that I am quoting myself from my detailed drive report earlier, you would notice that it was by mistake that I ended up at Shiggaon while the intended via point was Bankapura.

However, since I did this (via Shiggaon), I realised that it is indeed not a bad idea except that you will end up doing some 12 extra kms and touch NH4 at Shiggaon rather than Bankapura.

The road from Konageri to Shiggaon was 100% clean with no potholes.

Quote:
[*]Somehow, whether it was maps or getting carried away due to clean roads and heavy rains (no offence to cats and dogs), I suddenly saw a signage for Shiggaon (7kms)
Apart from this, there is way you can escape the Bankapura toll altogether and save 70 bucks if you want to.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th October 2015 at 18:31.
Old 13th October 2015, 19:17   #3235
BHPian

Hi all

I have been following the BLR-Goa route thread, and must admit that it has been very helpful. Had cancelled my earlier plan in September by road, but do not want to miss it now.

I just have a few questions, and would really appreciate any help.

My destination is South Goa before Palolem and I would be driving around mid-November/Late November. Though a tad too early to ask, may be its due to sheer excitement.

~ By default the route would be via Karwar i.e. NH4-Bankapur-Mundgod-join Yellapur at NH63-follow NH63 till NH17. (Any suggestions)

~ Would be travelling from Bellandur (ORR) at around 5 am, will NICE be a nice option or via Hebbal. Considering to and fro travel.

~ Filling fuel from the Shell petrol Pump/Bunk at Bellandur whilst going, any recommended pumps/bunks while returning.

~ Ideal place for a ½ an hour break to freshen up and grab a bite. (Travelling with Family)

Thanks
Rish
Old 13th October 2015, 20:09   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
~ Would be travelling from Bellandur (ORR) at around 5 am, will NICE be a nice option or via Hebbal. Considering to and fro travel.
No need to take NICE. At 5am, you will end up spending more time than save any. Take Bellandur - Marathalli - Old Airport Road- MG Road - Raj Bhavan - Sankey Tank - IISc - Yeshwantpur.
Quote:
~ Filling fuel from the Shell petrol Pump/Bunk at Bellandur whilst going, any recommended pumps/bunks while returning.
You can fill up Petrol at Goa itself. Indeed cheaper by a huge margin. I assume you are driving a Petrol car??

Otherwise, there is a BPCL Fuel station right on Haveri Bypass at the other end which is good and accepts cards as well.

Post this, you have BPCL COCO near Ranebennur Bypass on the right hand side with a proper U Turn a few meters ahead.

Quote:
~ Ideal place for a ½ an hour break to freshen up and grab a bite. (Travelling with Family)
1. Kamat, Ranebennur Bypass, around 300 kms from City center and say 320ish from Bellandur

2. CCD Shiggaon (If you end up deciding to take either Hubli Yellapura route or Shiggaon Mungod Route)

3. Kamat at Varur (18 kms before Hubli Bypass), again if you end up driving via Hubli

4. Kamat and CCD at Ankola (For this you will need to Turn left towards Ankola instead of right for Karwar at the NH17 Intersection, drive less than 2 kms and spot this on the right side attached to IOCL station)-This option will hold good irrespective of whether you take the Mungod route or Hubli route anyway.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th October 2015 at 20:12.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 22:31   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
No need to take NICE. At 5am, you will end up spending more time than save any. Take Bellandur - Marathalli - Old Airport Road- MG Road - Raj Bhavan - Sankey Tank - IISc - Yeshwantpur.
4. Kamat and CCD at Ankola (For this you will need to Turn left towards Ankola instead of right for Karwar at the NH17 Intersection, drive less than 2 kms and spot this on the right side attached to IOCL station)-This option will hold good irrespective of whether you take the Mungod route or Hubli route anyway.
On another note, I went thru your earlier posts on the Mungod route, and a detour you recommended. I hope this route / road would be good enough rather than going via Hubli and routing on to NH63.

Thanks for your help again.
Old 14th October 2015, 01:26   #3238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
On another note, I went thru your earlier posts on the Mungod route, and a detour you recommended. I hope this route / road would be good enough rather than going via Hubli and routing on to NH63.

Thanks for your help again.
Yes. It was recommended based on tbe fact that it ended up saving good time. I noted the time and realised a mere 75 minutes to touch Shiggaon(Bankapura would take same too) which is indeed not possible from Yellapura Hubli Bypass NH4 route till Bankapura.
Old 14th October 2015, 17:31   #3239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So do you suggest going via Shiggaon or was it just an accidental detour you took ?
Old 14th October 2015, 17:42   #3240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
So do you suggest going via Shiggaon or was it just an accidental detour you took ?
Accidental it was. Take Bankapura Mungod which is equally good and may save you those extra 10 mins and 12 odd kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks