Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 15:41   #1741
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Guys how about Hubli > Dharwad route?? would it use most of NH4 ? any suggestion.... i will be using XUV for this trip..
The three roads mentioned by you as maps have remained as bad as they were 2/3 yrs ago. Best Route will be Bangalore - Hubli(bypass)-Yellapur-Ankola-Goa. But if you want to test your XUV I can suggest 2 more options, Go Via kittur Bidi - Ramnagar, it will test your ground clearence, and another one and the shortest of all routes from Bangalore to Goa, go to Belgaum - Tilari Nagar - Tilari Ghat - Dodamarg - Mapusa - Panaji, it will test your ghat driving skills as well as GC. I have done both roads in past, regret Bidi Kittur one due to GC, and regret doing Tilari ghat in an Alto(going up), with 5 adults. Choice is yours.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 15:55   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I have done both roads in past, regret Bidi Kittur one due to GC, and regret doing Tilari ghat in an Alto(going up), with 5 adults. Choice is yours.
@asdon - is it advisable then to do Tilari Ghat in a low GC Car. I am planning a trip in March.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:14   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
@asdon - is it advisable then to do Tilari Ghat in a low GC Car. I am planning a trip in March.
Actually Panaji to Tilari Nagar road was not bad, infact it was good but narrow road, but Tilari Nagar to Belgaum was in real bad shape, it was mud road in many places. But if you do Tilari ghat towards bangalore then only you feel the challange, atleast I felt it was one of the highest gradient ghats in India.

To answer you, please check the road condition from Belgaum to Tilari Nagar, if that has improved you can do this road.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:33   #1744
BHPian

Did anyone try this route? from Hubli to Goa ? 185 km
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenhunter_06-feb.-17-16.32.jpg  

Old 17th February 2012, 16:46   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
14th August,2011 we were heading for Goa, my Target was to take NH4A from Belgaum, But took Kittur Road, and while going upto that point, I did see this section and there is a service road cuts down from NH4, and followed by a Toll collection booth, where I was informed against taking this route, as it was used by mining trucks and almost broken, so I did not venture out. And seeing current Govt work I don't think they have repaired the road, not suggest you this one.
Old 17th February 2012, 17:43   #1746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please check my post #1740. The second option that I mentioned is the one
which you refer to. And that is not good.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 18:05   #1747
BHPian

Thank you guys... in this case i will stick with Bangalore - Hubli (by-pass) - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Goa
Old 19th February 2012, 09:27   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The Hubli route is the one which Ampere mentioned in his earlier post.Take the Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-NH17-Panjim route if South Goa is your destination.You would leave NH4 at Hubli and join NH63.You would leave NH63 at Ankola and join NH17.

If it is the north that is your destination,then take the Hubli-Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim route.Do not go via the NH4A (khanapur-londa-ponda route).

Hello Guys,

Reach safely, i took Hubli-Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim route, also one thing i noticed if you using GPS than stick with one destination at time or else there are few other routes too which GPS might take you from there.. also noticed after belgaum road is not like WOW feeling (NH4) but still i manage to reach my hotel at 2.30pm... (started 4.00am from bangalore)

Thank you all .... below few picture i took....

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0256.jpg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0259.jpg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0271.jpg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0281.jpg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0330.jpg

Last edited by Tushargohil : 19th February 2012 at 09:32.
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 12:40   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The Hubli route is the one which Ampere mentioned in his earlier post.Take the Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-NH17-Panjim route if South Goa is your destination.You would leave NH4 at Hubli and join NH63.You would leave NH63 at Ankola and join NH17.

If it is the north that is your destination,then take the Hubli-Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim route.Do not go via the NH4A (khanapur-londa-ponda route).
Guys can someone help me with the approximate total distances, so as to aid in my planning, for the following routes:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']North Goa route: Bangalore - Hubli – Belgaum – Amboli – Sawantwadi – Panjim[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']South Goa: Bangalore - Hubli – Yellapur – Ankola – Karwar – (via) NH17 – Panjim [/FONT]

Cheers!
Old 24th February 2012, 12:47   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
North Goa route: Bangalore - Hubli – Belgaum – Amboli – Sawantwadi – Panjim
Bengaluru, Karnataka to Panaji, Goa - Google Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
South Goa: Bangalore - Hubli – Yellapur – Ankola – Karwar – (via) NH17 – Panjim
Bengaluru, Karnataka to Panaji, Goa - Google Maps

Maybe a difference of 20-30kms not more than that.The NH63 route is a faster route as opposed to the Amboli route.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 12:56   #1751
BHPian

Anyone has done NH206(via Shimoga) till Honnavar recently? I did see road work happening on NH206 in Kadur - Tumkur section last week, asked the contractors if the work is on full streach, they answered positive, so want to know if someone has done it recently. This would be the best route as far as scene and green are concerned while visiting Gokarna/Goa.
Old 24th February 2012, 14:39   #1752
BHPian

Bangalore - Shimoga we have done in 4hrs stretch, the roads are very good, no worries you can travel. But am not aware about Shimoga to honnavar route, some said it is bad not so good....after that its better
Old 24th February 2012, 15:20   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Anyone has done NH206(via Shimoga) till Honnavar recently? I did see road work happening on NH206 in Kadur - Tumkur section last week, asked the contractors if the work is on full streach, they answered positive, so want to know if someone has done it recently. This would be the best route as far as scene and green are concerned while visiting Gokarna/Goa.
I went via this route last month by bus. The usual jerks/bumps felt during previous journeys were less this time. Take your call.
Old 24th February 2012, 16:01   #1754
BHPian

While comming back from Goa to Surat i have seen heavy fog...

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0611.jpg

Amboli....

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img_0613.jpg

Last edited by Tushargohil : 24th February 2012 at 16:03.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:03   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The section near Ponda is full of mining trucks leading to traffic jams on both sides while SH 34 is under construction. It is not tarred and there is a lot of red dust as of Feb 2nd week. I was driving my SUV so had no issues but it would depend on GC of your vehicle.

Cheers
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks