Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 21:01   #1696
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
V&V,

The traffic density is only till Karwar due to curvy road and village traffic in Goa. After Karwar till Chitradurga it is breeze after which truck traffic will increase because of trucks joining from NH 13. Truck traffic after Chitradurga will really slow you down.

Since you are leaving at 10 AM, you can have lunch at Abhiruchi in Karwar which you can reach by 12.30 PM from Madgaon. This is the best bet as the next decent place to eat will be after Hubli in Kamat on the highway which will be quite late.

If you want a coffee break there is a CCD near Sira bye pass.
Thanks Fauji
Reached Hoskote by 6 PM. Overall journey was smooth.
Route - Madgaon - Karwar - Hubli - Tumkur - dodabalapur - Devanhalli - budigere - Hoskote. (700 kms)

Karwar - Hubli Mobile not working - Airtel or Vodafone.
Was stopped at 3 places in Karwar for checking. (Maybe due to Delhi number) Just enquiring purpose of visit, where are you heading to ect.

Madgaon - Hubli - Took around 5.5 hrs. Karwar Hubli - Truck traffic too was high.

Last edited by v&v : 5th January 2012 at 21:07.
Old 5th January 2012, 21:15   #1697
Senior - BHPian

[quote=v&v;2634562]Thanks Fauji
Karwar - Hubli Mobile not working - Airtel or Vodafone.
Was stopped at 3 places in Karwar for checking. (Maybe due to Delhi number) Just enquiring purpose of visit, where are you heading to ect.

quote]

Thank you sir. The checking at border is basically for liqour which get smuggled into Karnataka from Goa!! They would have asked you questions on liqour if it was KA number plate!!!
Old 5th January 2012, 22:39   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other option is to take the Amboli/Sawantwadi road from Belgaum.
Its about 30km more, but I think conditions would be better. But please do confirm who would have done this stretch recently.
I agree with ampere - Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi is always a better option - except that he has to get to Ponda, so it is a bit roundabout, but as I said earlier if driving comfort is the priority, don't touch NH4A with a ten foot pole.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:44   #1699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniladhiya View Post
I agree with ampere - Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi is always a better option - except that he has to get to Ponda, so it is a bit roundabout, but as I said earlier if driving comfort is the priority, don't touch NH4A with a ten foot pole.
Sorry I forgot to check that aspect. If he wanted to reach North Goa or South Goa.
If south Goa, then yes its quite difficult to drive through NH4A.
Old 6th January 2012, 07:35   #1700
BHPian

suniladhiya & ampere. Thanks for the advice.

I'll take the Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Ponda route.

Driving comfort & safety takes priority over distance. I had got stuck with mining trucks on the Quepem - Jambavalli road in Goa 2 years back - real bad experience.

Will update after I get back to Bangalore.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:24   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satshen View Post
suniladhiya & ampere. Thanks for the advice.

I'll take the Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Ponda route.

Driving comfort & safety takes priority over distance. I had got stuck with mining trucks on the Quepem - Jambavalli road in Goa 2 years back - real bad experience.

Will update after I get back to Bangalore.
Good choice. Don't forget to stop and enjoy beautiful sights on Amboli ghat including the lovely falls!!
Old 7th January 2012, 21:43   #1702
BHPian

Thanks all for your inputs. Based on feedback here, i think we will stick to the tried-and-tested route i.e. Bangalore - Hubli - Ankola - Karwar - Margao - Ponda Route.

I need to be in Ponda early morning on 27 Jan, and I start my travel early morning (4:30-5:00 AM) on 26 Jan. This gives me three options

1. Drive down directly to Ponda (probably 11-12 hours). Will reach around 5 PM.

2. Drive down to Margao (probably 10-11 hours). Will reach around 4PM. Enjoy the beach. Stay overnight at Margao and then head to Ponda on morning of 27 Jan.

3. Drive down to Palolem (probably 8-9 hours). Will reach around 2:30 PM). Enjoy the beach. Stay overnight at Palolem and head to Ponda on morning of 27 Jan.

Few questions - pardon the repeated querying, but will help me plan my trip

1. How long does the Hubli-Karwar stretch typically take?
2. How long does it take from Karwar to Margao
3. Do i need to enter Karwar or is there a bypass?
4. Any good veg eating locations around Karwar, that will not need a significant break (something that may not need to enter the town types)?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
sachinayak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 12:45   #1703
BHPian

Folks,
Need your help urgently. Driving down to Goa (North/Candolim) on Tuesday from Chennai. (3 people in a Fiesta) Planning to leave chennai by about 3PM, with night halt at Bangalore. My uncle stays in Banashankari Stage II. Can you please help me with these questions?

1. How long will it take me to get to Nice Road from Banashankari at 5AM.

2. Since i plan to visit North Goa, should i be taking NH4A, NH63 combination or the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi option? I know a lot of people seem to be preferring the first option, but i thought that since i need to reach North goa, the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi option would be better.

Thanks a lot for your help!!
Varun
Old 8th January 2012, 13:02   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Thanks all for your inputs.
Few questions - pardon the repeated querying, but will help me plan my trip

1. How long does the Hubli-Karwar stretch typically take?
2. How long does it take from Karwar to Margao
3. Do i need to enter Karwar or is there a bypass?
4. Any good veg eating locations around Karwar, that will not need a significant break (something that may not need to enter the town types)?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
1. Hubli to Karwar is ghat road, over all road quality is very good though there is truck traffic, it should take you about 3-3.5 hours, it is about 160 kms. In Hubli you can try the hotel Anant Executive it is pretty good

2 . Karwar to Margo about 1.5 hours, once you get into Goa roads are very good. But you might have regular city traffic.

3.You dont have to enter Karwar, the default route is the bypass you need to take a diversion to enter Karwar.

4. There a few eating joints in the byepass right next to the Karwar beach you can try those. I dont know the quality of food.

cheers
Old 8th January 2012, 13:47   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Folks,
Need your help urgently. Driving down to Goa (North/Candolim) on Tuesday from Chennai. (3 people in a Fiesta) Planning to leave chennai by about 3PM, with night halt at Bangalore. My uncle stays in Banashankari Stage II. Can you please help me with these questions?

1. How long will it take me to get to Nice Road from Banashankari at 5AM.

2. Since i plan to visit North Goa, should i be taking NH4A, NH63 combination or the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi option? I know a lot of people seem to be preferring the first option, but i thought that since i need to reach North goa, the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi option would be better.

Thanks a lot for your help!!
Varun
1. If you are leaving at 5 AM, it will take 10 mins to reach NICE road entry point on Kanakapura Road.

2. Yes, take Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi route to North goa
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 17:10   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
1. If you are leaving at 5 AM, it will take 10 mins to reach NICE road entry point on Kanakapura Road.

2. Yes, take Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi route to North goa
Thanks so much!
Also do you/ anybody else remember which thread it was, where it was discussed, how to look out for the NICE Road exit while coming back from Belgaum (NH4), so that one can take it and avoid entering Bangalore before heading towards Chennai.

Thanks,
Varun
Old 8th January 2012, 17:21   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Thanks so much!
Also do you/ anybody else remember which thread it was, where it was discussed, how to look out for the NICE Road exit while coming back from Belgaum (NH4), so that one can take it and avoid entering Bangalore before heading towards Chennai.

Thanks,
Varun
Varun,

It is very easy now

A) after you pay toll to enter Nelamangala flyover look for Himalaya drug logo on the right side - it is big and can not miss it.

B) You will also see the signage of village "MAKALI" at the same place where Himalaya drug HQ is located

C) NICE entry point is exactly a KM from this point. Drive slow move left and see the siganage for Hosur.

D) Follow the sigange, enter service road and keep left and you will enter NICE road
Old 11th January 2012, 18:59   #1708
BHPian

Hello All,

We are planning a trip to Goa in last week of this month. We plan to start from Bangalore on 26th early morning and leave Goa on 30th morning. We are 8 of us (3 couple and 2 other friends).

From last few posts, the route from Bangalore to Goa is pretty much clear. Can you please suggest some accommodation options there? We will be driving our own cars, so commuting in Goa is not an issue. Our budget is around 3-3.5k per night per room.

Please suggest some options.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:51   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Hello All,

We are planning a trip to Goa in last week of this month. We plan to start from Bangalore on 26th early morning and leave Goa on 30th morning. We are 8 of us (3 couple and 2 other friends).

From last few posts, the route from Bangalore to Goa is pretty much clear. Can you please suggest some accommodation options there? We will be driving our own cars, so commuting in Goa is not an issue. Our budget is around 3-3.5k per night per room.

Please suggest some options.
depends on which part of goa u want stay at

you could explore option in these threads

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Off to Goa on new year!! Query on Route & Places to Stay)

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Planning for GOA, where to stay??)

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Hyd-Goa(What to see,Where to stay))

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Holiday in Goa ... Where to stay?)
Old 11th January 2012, 21:57   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
depends on which part of goa u want stay at

you could explore option in these threads

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Off to Goa on new year!! Query on Route & Places to Stay)

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Planning for GOA, where to stay??)

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Hyd-Goa(What to see,Where to stay))

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Holiday in Goa ... Where to stay?)
Preferably we want to stay in South Goa but won't mind North Goa either.

Can you paste these links again please? Looks like some problem with rendering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks