Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:12   #13606
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekgeneve View Post
We’re a family of five planning to travel from Bangalore to Kattikulum in the first week of October.
  • All the adults have single dose vaccination.
  • One child does not have vaccination

What is the current rule regarding travel from Karnataka to Kerala? Negative RTPCR tests not older than 72 hours?

Is quarantine mandatory after reaching Kerala?
Negative RT-PCR not older than 72 hours needed for all adults. No need of RT-PCR report if double vaccinated.
No issues for the child, they are not strict about test report from children.

Quarantine is not needed.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:43   #13607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
Drove from Kannur to Bangalore on Friday through the Koottupuzha - Makutta route. There was strict checking for RT-PCR on the Karnataka side.
Do they allow people who are fully vaccinated without an RT-PCR ?
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:59   #13608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Do they allow people who are fully vaccinated without an RT-PCR ?
If you are referring to Makkutta check post, then strictly NO. This is probably the only check post in India which is consistently so strict for the past few months.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:36   #13609

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
If you are referring to Makkutta check post, then strictly NO. This is probably the only check post in India which is consistently so strict for the past few months.
True. They were very particular about RT-PCR negative report. Unless they scan and verify the report they don't issue the token to pass.
Old 25th September 2021, 16:06   #13610
BHPian

Passed through Makutta checkpost at 0500 AM today morning. We were 3 of us. Just a cursory glance at only my RT PCR, as I went to enter vehicle details. Took hardly 2-3 minutes to complete the 'check in'. The 'token' is a just a scrap of paper on which the vehicle number is scribbled. Maybe the early morning hours were the reason, as typically the checks are much stricter here. Once past makutta, no other check anywhere. Requesting the folks at the checkpost to proactively scan the RT PCR QR Code has a positive effect of convincing them almost immediately

Last edited by xotiq : 25th September 2021 at 16:17.
Old 25th September 2021, 19:08   #13611

I was planning for a BLR-Salem-Coimbatore-Ktym trip.
Can someone tell me the situation at Walayar check post currently both for going to Kerala as well as while coming out of Kerala. Same question I had on leaving Blr as well as coming back to Blr. My stay in Kerala will be for around 2 weeks.
Any inputs on road condition also is highly appreciated.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:22   #13612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
Can someone tell me the situation at Walayar check post currently both for going to Kerala as well as while coming out of Kerala. Same question I had on leaving Blr as well as coming back to Blr. My stay in Kerala will be for around 2 weeks.
Any inputs on road condition also is highly appreciated.
Theres inconsistent checking at Walayar. Double vaccination certificate or RTPCR negative report is required. By inconsistent I mean sometimes they carefully verify the documents, sometimes they just ask you if you have them and wave you through. Either case, its better to have them.

Coimbatore to Kottayam roads are in good condition. With the Kuthiran tunnel opened (currently only in the Palakkad Mannuthy direction), traffic will be smooth too.
Old 27th September 2021, 11:46   #13613
BHPian

Any information available on the checking and entry restrictions at Govindapuram checkpost (Kollengode - Pollachi route) both ways?

Any recent info on entry into TN and entry back to KL via this border post will be helpful.
Old 27th September 2021, 12:28   #13614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Any information available on the checking and entry restrictions at Govindapuram checkpost (Kollengode - Pollachi route) both ways?

Any recent info on entry into TN and entry back to KL via this border post will be helpful.
Officially for entry into TN you need epass plus either two vaccinations or recent RT PCR. For entry into Kerala also same

But as of now no checking is done towards either side
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:30   #13615
Senior - BHPian

My sister and family is planning to travel from Bangalore to Kerala by road through Walayar, while my sister and husband is double vaccinated, their daughter is a minor and is yet to be vaccinated. Do we need to RTPCR for her alone, or are they exempted
Old 28th September 2021, 19:36   #13616
BHPian

Hi All,

We are planning to go to Karunagapally via Aryankaavu from Chennai next weekend.

Couple of queries:

- Epass for both entry onto KL and return onto TN is required is it?
- Self and wife have taken both the shots. Are we still required to take RTPCR test?
- Is RTPCR test mandatory for 10yrs old kid?
Old 29th September 2021, 10:47   #13617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My sister and family is planning to travel from Bangalore to Kerala by road through Walayar, while my sister and husband is double vaccinated, their daughter is a minor and is yet to be vaccinated. Do we need to RTPCR for her alone, or are they exempted
I have a similar question. We are planning to travel to Thiruvananthapuram, via Nagercoil, on Friday. I guess I will be entering Kerala at Kaliyikkavilai check post. The adults in the group are double vaccinated. So, I am assuming that we don't need to get RTPCR test done. But, I am not sure about the kids (11 year old and 4 year old). From what I hear, they are exempted too. Can someone please confirm? Thanks for the help !
pat2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 10:59   #13618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
But, I am not sure about the kids (11 year old and 4 year old). From what I hear, they are exempted too. Can someone please confirm? Thanks for the help !
Below info is from " Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions" thread. We are now planning to take RTPCR for the junior folks.

Quote:
Posted by ccnarayanan - According to the circular which was published a few weeks ago, only children below 2 years are exempted (which means it is better to take RT-PCR for older children since there is no vaccination available for them at the moment).
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:57   #13619

For a KA-TN-KL travel, do we need to take an E-PASS from TN? I do not see an option for transit pass in TN site.
Old 30th September 2021, 13:39   #13620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
For a KA-TN-KL travel, do we need to take an E-PASS from TN? I do not see an option for transit pass in TN site.
There is no transit option in TN. Select Exit pass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks