Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 08:32   #13591

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Travelled from Bangalore to Thrissur, Kerala on 13-Sep-2021. Was carrying hard copies of the following - Vaccination certificates, RTPCR reports, TN exit e-pass, Kerala entry e-pass.
No checks done while entering Tamil Nadu at the Attibele border. Further, no checks during the drive through Tamil Nadu; while there were checkposts at each district border, there was minimal activity. At Walayar, policemen were directing all vehicles (including commercial vehicles) to service road. A police man asked me for the travel origin place, destination in Kerala, vaccination status, RTPCR report and e-pass. While I was giving him the file with papers, he just waved us off.
Started at 5:30 AM and reached Thrissur at around 2:45 PM.
rakesh.rvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 15:24   #13592
BHPian

Are there any checks while travelling by train between Bangalore and any destination in Kerala? Either on the onward journey or return? I am travelling by train from Bangalore to Kochi. Return is yet to be planned. Will the ticket examiner or police ask for RTPCR at the source or destination railway station or while on train?
Old 17th September 2021, 13:34   #13593
BHPian

Hello Friends, have they opened Valparai malakkapara athirapilly road, we are planning to drive down from chennai sept last week, would love to take this route if it is open. Can any one provide a status update on this route
Old 17th September 2021, 14:38   #13594
BHPian

Travelled by our KL registered car from Kochi to Bangalore on 15 Sep. We had taken RT PCR certificate the previous day and also TN e pass. Being a late start reached Valayar after 2 pm. TN police checked for 2 Dose vaccination or RT PCR certificates. Did not ask for E pass. With 5 cars ahead of us and 2 people coming to the cars for checking, it was a breezy affair. We reached Attibele after 9 pm. Saw some barricades, but nobody was there to stop or check us and hence we proceeded uninterrupted.
tomchacks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 15:20   #13595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Either on the onward journey or return? I am travelling by train from Bangalore to Kochi. Return is yet to be planned. Will the ticket examiner or police ask for RTPCR at the source or destination railway station or while on train?
A friend of mine went to Bangalore in train last Sunday. And at KR Puram station, there were checking at the station for RTPCR for people who were getting down and several people were made to stand aside (probably for not having test result and to have them take test there may be). But it is all uncertain, it may or may not be there. Depends on the day.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 20:58   #13596
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijil.karim View Post
Hello Friends, have they opened Valparai malakkapara athirapilly road, we are planning to drive down from chennai sept last week, would love to take this route if it is open. Can any one provide a status update on this route
An acquaintance had posted on Facebook that people are not being allowed even till Athirapally(from Chalakudy side) and are being turned back as Athirapally has become a containment zone, this was last week. Best option is to call one of the resorts either in Athirapally or in Valparai and they will have updated information.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 01:55   #13597
BHPian

Any recent updates on a Munnar - Bangalore journey? I am planning a drive this weekend. I normally follow Aryankavu check post -- Shengottai route. I am going to attempt the Cumbam Theni route for the first time.I would like to get suggestions, break points, rest rooms availability till we hit Kanyakumari- Bangalore highway. Also, how strict is the check post?[/quote]

Same here.. planning on the Munnar trip during dussehra. Would like to know if anyone has taken this road recently.

best
Old 19th September 2021, 18:40   #13598
BHPian

Couple of my relatives transited via Makutta checkpost enroute to BLR/HYD yesterday at 0500 hours. No questions asked, except verifying RT PCR and noting down personal details.
Old 19th September 2021, 19:57   #13599
BHPian

Hi All,

Just want to confirm my understanding of the ground reality at the border. Parents and me need to take a long overdue trip to Kannur. We waited this long since I wanted to get my second dose done before making the trip (everyone else was already vaccinated since they took Covaxin).

Is my understanding that we can travel back to Bengaluru with negative RT-PCR certificates and we won't be asked to get into institutional quarantine correct?
Old 20th September 2021, 10:24   #13600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Is my understanding that we can travel back to Bengaluru with negative RT-PCR certificates and we won't be asked to get into institutional quarantine correct?
You are correct. That is what the current situation is.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:46   #13601
BHPian

Drove Attingal-Aryankavu-Tirumanagalam-Bangalore yesterday. Strict checking for COVID test result and TN E-pass at TN side at Puliyarai check post where we have to park the car, get down and show the documents at the counter. Attibele border was a breeze and business as usual. No checking, the tents for checking was empty. We had taken RT-PCR, TN E-pass, and vaccination certificates.

We were driving in our KL-plate vehicle.
darklord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:23   #13602
BHPian

I drove Thrissur<->Mangalore via the Talapady checkpoint. I had obtained a RTPCR (even for my four-year-old child), an e-pass, vaccination certificates, and other documents. Nobody was actually inspecting any of them; at the border, KA officials simply waved us through, and when we returned, there was no one to even inquire.
Vijin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:58   #13603

Made the trip over the last weekend. Left Bangalore at 8.30 am. Took the Kollegal-Satyamangalam-Coimbatore route for the Bangalore-Aluva leg. The roads leading out of Bangalore on NH 948 are a little rough due to road works happening in some places. From there till Kollegal, its fairly smooth. But the parts before, after and through Kollegal are pretty bad with diversions due to road works and a fairly long unpaved/bumpy stretch. At the Bannari checkpost (1.30 pm), we were asked for RT-PCR tests even though we had certificates for both doses of the vaccination. Had to shell out some money to get through since we didn't want to waste too much time arguing. Maybe because of the TS registered vehicle. Thereafter the drive through the Satyamangalam forest and the ghats and onward to Annur-Avinashi-Coimbatore (4 pm) was pretty smooth if a little time-taking due to traffic. Would advise this route only if you want to do a sedate drive and take in the sights along the way. There are some stunning views if you have the time for them.

At the Walayar checkpost, we were waved through even before we could show our vaccination papers. Just a cursory question about whether we are vaccinated. Must say, the NH 544 stretch from Walayar to Aluva was much smoother than we had expected. Except for the unlit stretches before and after the Kuthiran tunnel, it's fairly good to drive on. Watch out for a couple of huge speed breakers as you exit the tunnel if you're driving here at night. The tunnel itself is fun to drive through. Reached Aluva around 8 pm. Altogether a 11.5 hrs drive with about 1.5 hrs for stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgrains28 View Post
[Hyd-Kochi: advice please!

Has anyone done a Hyderabad-Kochi trip recently? Would like to know how the roads are and what the formalities are at each of the border crossings. Also, some info on best times to start, recommend pitstops along the way, etc., would be greatly appreciated. We are planning a drive with an overnight halt at a relative's place in Bangalore.
Sandgrains28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 12:08   #13604

Drove from Kannur to Bangalore on Friday through the Koottupuzha - Makutta route. There was strict checking for RT-PCR on the Karnataka side. It's best to take a printout of the report because they scan the QR code to verify the authenticity. No one was being allowed to pass without the check. I was traveling with my brother and we both had our reports ready. Took us about 15 minutes to get it verified and pass through. No other checks anywhere.

Could also see some Rapid antigen test kits at that check post. Not sure under what circumstance they are used though.
Perplexed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:22   #13605

We’re a family of five planning to travel from Bangalore to Kattikulum in the first week of October.
  • All the adults have single dose vaccination.
  • One child does not have vaccination

What is the current rule regarding travel from Karnataka to Kerala? Negative RTPCR tests not older than 72 hours?

Is quarantine mandatory after reaching Kerala?

Please help with your responses. Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks