Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-904.html)

Karnataka orders one week institutional quarantine for visitors from Kerala
Quote:

Karnataka government has made a week’s institutional quarantine mandatory for all people coming from Kerala in the wake of high COVID-19 positivity rate in the neighbouring State.

Revenue Minister R. Ashok told reporters in Bengaluru on August 30 that the mandatory institutional quarantine norm would apply to all visitors from Kerala, including students.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le36183706.ece

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklord (Post 5137530)

The government order on the quarantine implementation is really interesting.

While mandating 7 days institutional quarantine for all students studying in Karnataka coming from Kerala, for others it just mentions applicable to employees employed in Karnataka with the burden of enforcement on employer:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xotiq (Post 5137578)
The government order on the quarantine implementation is really interesting.

While mandating 7 days institutional quarantine for all students studying in Karnataka coming from Kerala, for others it just mentions applicable to employees employed in Karnataka with the burden of enforcement on employer:)

Is there any solid ways they are going to implement this? I am supposed to be in Karnataka for 2 days this September and return back on 3rd day. Got both doses of Covishield too. Now I am confused on how they will deal with short term passengers. No clarity as usual.

Also I dont see transit pass in the website of TN. Have they removed that option? Which pass should be taken for traveling through TN now ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaos636 (Post 5137739)
Is there any solid ways they are going to implement this? I am supposed to be in Karnataka for 2 days this September and return back on 3rd day. Got both doses of Covishield too. Now I am confused on how they will deal with short term passengers. No clarity as usual.

Also I dont see transit pass in the website of TN. Have they removed that option? Which pass should be taken for traveling through TN now ?

What I read on an updated news article is that, for (up to) one week business travels, these restrictions won't apply. But you have to show a valid return ticket. I don't know how they are going to implement it though.

I was planning my return by September 5 after spending 3 months here at Kerala. But, it looks like I have to wait and watch for more clarity before I start my return drive.

For TN, while coming here, I had used the option of "heading out of TN to other state" (or a similar option) and filled it as if I am starting my drive from Hosur border.
My TN exit to Kerala was through Shengottai border. Except that check point, no where they blocked road or checked the E Pass. So, you can use similar option and try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaos636 (Post 5137739)

I believe so in TN, now they check for RTPCR OR 2 dose vaccination certificate, I had travelled through TN last Sunday.

Travelled from Ernakulam to Coimbatore last Saturday. Strict checking at Walayar border. They have barricaded the main road and were diverting all the cars (lorries were not being stopped) to the service road. You need either an RTPCR negative report or the final vaccination certificate. I saw atleast 3 cars being sent back (maybe didn't have the required documents). E-pass wasn't checked though.

All Roads to Kerala-img_20210828_102553.jpg

I went to Palakkad, Kerala last Friday and back to Erode, TN on Sunday. I was informed on Saturday that there is a lockdown on Sunday in Kerala. As a result, I travelled back to TN on Sunday early hours - 4.30am. There was no checking that time. I had my RTPCR negative report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklord (Post 5137530)

Has anyone travelled from KL to KA in the past 2 days (since this new rules were announced)?

Wanted to know how is the checking at Walayar (TN) and Attibelle (KA).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 5138467)
Has anyone travelled from KL to KA in the past 2 days (since this new rules were announced)?

Wanted to know how is the checking at Walayar (TN) and Attibelle (KA).

Drove from Thrissur to Bangalore yesterday. They asked for pass at Walayar border. Explained that there is no option for transit pass in TN Covid website and we are headed to Bangalore. They let us go. Crossed Hosur/Athibelle border at around 4AM. No checking whatsoever.

If you are driving a KA registered car, it will be an herculean task for authorities to stop you at Athibelle. You can always say you are returning from a TN city. There are no restrictions on TN returnees and I could not find a epass system for KA anywhere in net either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 5138496)
Drove from Thrissur to Bangalore yesterday. They asked for pass at Walayar border. Explained that there is no option for transit pass in TN Covid website and we are headed to Bangalore. They let us go. Crossed Hosur/Athibelle border at around 4AM. No checking whatsoever.

If you are driving a KA registered car, it will be an herculean task for authorities to stop you at Athibelle. You can always say you are returning from a TN city. There are no restrictions on TN returnees and I could not find a epass system for KA anywhere in net either.

I think this scenario works on early morning and late night drives. Morning 7 AM - 7PM , the same roads, same check posts may behave in a different way.

In a nutshell, keep RT-PCR documents and vaccination reports handy. Try your luck at attibele border during early hours or mid night.

Have they provided any clarity for one - two day visits ? This used to be there in earlier restrictions for business/emergency purposes. I see a clause on death and medical but is that all ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenath13 (Post 5138948)
Have they provided any clarity for one - two day visits ?

Absolutely no update on this. I am travelling tomorrow on a 2 day trip and will update the same if they allow me in without a quarantine! Because ofcourse there is no point in sitting in quarantine for 7 days for a 2 day trip.

So I traveled back from Alleppey to Bangalore today. Started from Alleppey @ 03:00AM and reached Bangalore (E-City) @ 12:30PM.

Walayar status (TN):
Reached Walayar @ 06:30AM. One officer was directing all private vehicles to the service lane. All trucks and commercial vehicles were allowed to pass through the main road without any questions asked.
Before directing to the service lane, he asked if we were full vaccinated. When I informed him that we have only taken the first dose so far, but we have negative RT-PCR report, he directed us to go to the tent in the service lane and show the documents there. I proceeded to the service lane and reached the tent, there were 2 officers sitting, both half asleep. Before I could reach out to the documents to show them, they waived me off. No documents checked !!

Attibelle status (KA):
Reached Attibelle around 12PM. I could see a tent setup before the Toll plaza, but could see any vehicles being stopped/checked. I was looking for any KL vehicles being stopped, but couldn't see any. So not really sure about how they are checking at Attibelle. I think this whole institutional quarantine thing for KL travelers is only implemented at KL-KA borders only, where they could clearly identify which vehicles came from KL side. There is no way they can identify KL travelers at Attibelle (if you are not in a KL vehicle).

Note: I was traveling in my KA vehicle.

I cant vouch for the authenticity of this ciruclar, but seems like some clarity has been provided for different category of travellers.

"Other permitted exemptions for lQ are as follows :
a) Constitutional functionaries, health care professionals and their spouses.
b) Children below 2 years.
c) ln dire emergency situation (death in the family, medical treatment
etc.,)
d) Short term travelers (within 3 days )
e) Students arriving to Karnataka for examination along with one parent
each (within 3 days)
f) Passengers in transit from and to Kerala via any mode of transport."

But I am sure chaos will reign as some of this will get lost in translation.

Hello fellow Bhpians, I'm looking for recommendations for a short trip from KL to KA. I have a Telangana registration car and intend to drive from Trichur to Mangalore on September 8th and return on September 10th. I couldn't find a link to get a KA epass for this short trip; how do I prove that I'm going on a short trip? Also, do I just request a fresh Kerala epass for the return trip ? Another question was whether I would have to take separate rtpcr tests at both ends. Any quick suggestions are greatly appreciated.