Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 08:23   #13501
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Did anyone do a KL > KA recently, or from TN > KA. To check on what is the situation of checking at Attibele.
Old 13th August 2021, 08:27   #13502
BHPian

So quick update for weekend travelers. Do not fret much about the work at L&T Bypass. The work starts around 8AM and goes on till around 9 PM at night. If your travel is beyond that time. You should not face any issues. At worst expect 20 minutes delay. Also was able to discuss with one of the guys. They said their timeline is 4 months. They are first doing the patch work and then adding a new layer of Asphalt on top. For bike riders like us this would make the shoulder more precarious than before.

At the Walayar Border.
Towards Kerala Status Quo Remains. RT PCR and E Pass are required as usual.

Towards Tamilnadu: Now all two and four wheelers are required to take the service road. Expect some time delay here. The barriers are scattered very haphazardly. I have found the cops to be reasonable. But they require reasoning with only if RT PCR or Double Vaccination report are not available. In my case i was able to reason that my next vaccination was due in two weeks. I found mostly youngsters and most of the days few were in plain clothes too.
rohitoasis is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:03   #13503
BHPian

At Walayar, in the absence of RTPCR will they allow entry with Full-dose Vaccination certificate ? or there is a facility to test at the checkpost ?
Old 13th August 2021, 17:14   #13504
BHPian

Did Thrissur - Bengaluru today. No checking anywhere on the way. At Walayar, there were barricades directing passenger vehicles to the service road, but it was unmanned when I crossed around 6 AM. Saw a few cops at Attibele, but wasn't asked to stop (was riding a KA- registered motorcycle). I did have a negative RTPCR test and TN e-pass with me, but looks like leaving early is the best option to avoid delays enroute.

Overall a smooth ride. Left Thrissur at 4.30 AM and reached Indiranagar at 10.35 AM.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 19:18   #13505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did anyone do a KL > KA recently, or from TN > KA. To check on what is the situation of checking at Attibele.
I travelled yesterday from Madurai to Bangalore reaching around 8 pm. No checking at the Attibele toll, all vehicles passed through as usual. I took just my 2 dose certificate for safety just in case they stopped, did not take RTPCR since it was not mentioned for TN.
chinmaypillay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 17:13   #13506
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove down to Kerala today via Walayar. The policeman who was checking was more interested in the epass than the rtpcr. He did not even look at the rtpcr results. Several cars were parked on the side with people having laptops out. I think these were folks who did not have the epass. Not much crowd, 10 odd cars were parked and 3-4 in line. So the person checking did go through the epass in detail and made some comment on the annual vacation reason mentioned and then said happy onam and waved me on.

Bottomline, make sure you get the epass also in addition to rtpcr.

No work was happening on the L&T bypass today.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:50   #13507

I too crossed Walayar around 4pm today while coming from Chennai. They did not ask me to show any documents but I had epass ready. There were many two wheelers stopped and verification was going on. Overall a smooth travel from TN to KL.

Point to note is that there were multiple interceptor vehicles after Walayar to catch overspeeding vehicles.
Old 15th August 2021, 09:10   #13508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjish View Post
Point to note is that there were multiple interceptor vehicles after Walayar to catch overspeeding vehicles.
Welcome to Kerala and watch out for the speed cams as well. It's applicable to other state registered cars as well.

So even if we are fully vaccinated, RTPCR is a most for TN/KA/KL?
Old 15th August 2021, 09:40   #13509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So even if we are fully vaccinated, RTPCR is a most for TN/KA/KL?
For KA, only if you are coming directly from KL (the border crossings in DK/Coorg/Mysore, basically). There was some talk of KL-registered vehicles stopped at other borders but no first-hand account. Lat time I traveled they were OK with my vaccination certificate but now it seems to have changed?

For TN also, only if you are coming from KL and crossing into Coimbatore or Nilgiris districts, is what I understand.

All this, despite: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...184019370.html

Btw, what is the protocol they seem to be following when entering Kerala, in re children - are they insisting on RT-PCR for them too?
Old 15th August 2021, 11:35   #13510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
At Walayar, there were barricades directing passenger vehicles to the service road, but it was unmanned when I crossed around 6 AM.
We did Kochi-Banglaore yesterday and crossed Walayar at 6:20AM. There were folks at the checkpost and did scrutinize all the vehicles. Our RT-PCR test results were thoroughly checked and let go. For TN, vaccination certificate were enough and they had asked only for it. But since we had kids and had tested all for the KA entry.

No checks at Attibelle.

Last edited by bejoy : 15th August 2021 at 11:37.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 11:41   #13511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
At Walayar, in the absence of RTPCR will they allow entry with Full-dose Vaccination certificate ? or there is a facility to test at the checkpost ?
Last Tuesday(10th) I travelled from BLR to PGT. Either RT-PCR or full dose vaccination certificate is mandatory. Cops were insisting on RT-PCR for those that had first dose of vaccination. Better to keep RT-PCR handy. If you do not have test report, you will need to get test done at Walayar check post. But you may have to use their quarantine facility instead of self-isolation at home. I am not very sure about this part. Better to check with someone if you are not in a position to take RT-PCR test while starting of your trip
doorspf1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 12:21   #13512
BHPian

Last Saturday I crossed Walayar check post, the police officer asked me if I have rtpcr and ePass; after I said yes, he asked me to show the ePass, a quick glance and waved me off. There was no other checks anywhere along the Bangalore, KL route.
Planning to take rtpcr while returning back to KA.
Old 19th August 2021, 13:08   #13513

Hi All. While traveling from Bangalore to Kerala via TN, how do we get a TN ePass? I don't see an option for transit. It's either from TN to outside or to TN and it's asking for an address within TN.

I remember there used to be a transit option earlier, but unable to find it now. Any leads?

Have a KL registered vehicle, hence worried I might get stopped at places within TN.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th August 2021, 14:30   #13514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
Hi All. While traveling from Bangalore to Kerala via TN, how do we get a TN ePass?
I take it as "Going out of TN". Then select starting point as Krishnagiri district, Hosur taluk. Address, I give my Bangalore one with PIN code. Attached is how the resulting pass looks like.

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20210819142830459-1.jpg
Old 19th August 2021, 14:52   #13515

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I take it as "Going out of TN". Then select starting point as Krishnagiri district, Hosur taluk. Address, I give my Bangalore one with PIN code. Attached is how the resulting pass looks like.
Thanks Binand! That worked like a charm.

Planning to drive down from Bangalore early tomorrow. Have the KL registration, TN ePass and vaccination certificate. Hope there won't be any additional checks and hassles because of Onam. Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks