Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 14:53   #13471
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Karnataka released a new circular today mandating RT PCR -ve certificate(not older than 72 hours) for all arriving from Kerala and Maharashtra irrespective of the vaccination status. It's applicable for travellers coming by flight, bus, train, personal transport etc. Kids below 2 years are exempted. PFA.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-img20210731wa0018.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img20210731wa0019.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 17:22   #13472
BHPian

How many days before the travel one should apply for Kerala and TN e-Passes?
thanks in advance.
Also what is the state of of Kutiran pass currently, are the roads ok now?
Old 31st July 2021, 17:30   #13473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Per a Manorama report on November 24, only 150 meters is remaining to be drilled on the left tunnel; 765 m completed on the left and 280 m completed on the right. The report further says the first tunnel will be completed by end of this year and the second one by March 2017. The construction of the tunnels started only 7 months back (May 2016). So they are within the approximate schedule.
At the time when I made this post, the construction should have completed in March 2017.

Four years later, one tunnel has been opened for traffic today.

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...l-highway.html

I think the tunnel in the Palakkad to Thrissur direction is the one that has been opened.

Last edited by darklord : 31st July 2021 at 17:34.
Old 31st July 2021, 17:39   #13474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
At the time when I made this post, the construction should have completed in March 2017.

Four years later, one tunnel has been opened for traffic today.

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...l-highway.html

I think the tunnel in the Palakkad to Thrissur direction is the one that has been opened.
Yes. It is only one way as you said. I just travelled through it. Finally after a long delay, seems like a real victory for the regular users of this route.
Rossiter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:50   #13475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
How many days before the travel one should apply for Kerala and TN e-Passes?
No such restrictions on that. You can apply even before the day of travel or even on the day of travel. As of now, TN e-Pass system is not available from Aug 1st. May be they are done with it or might enable tomorrow.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:58   #13476
BHPian

Quote:
Travelled today from TCR to CHN.
Kuthiran roads were in decent shape, traffic was less.
I crossed at around 8am.
rajivr1612 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 21:39   #13477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per press reports, they have opened for traffic the south-bound (towards Thrissur) tunnel at Kuthiran today evening. So it should be a breeze for you.

Edit: Link (in Malayalam): https://www.mathrubhumi.com/news/ker...ened-1.5873123

Last edited by binand : 31st July 2021 at 21:43.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 22:17   #13478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As of now, TN e-Pass system is not available from Aug 1st. May be they are done with it or might enable tomorrow.
TN e-pass system get enabled on a weekly basis (for one week). It used to get refreshed on every Monday. May be changed to Sundays now.
Old 2nd August 2021, 08:45   #13479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As of now, TN e-Pass system is not available from Aug 1st. May be they are done with it or might enable tomorrow.
TN E Pass was feasible for August on Saturday as well. I have faced such situation earlier. But gets sorted in a few hours. I was able to apply TN E pass on Saturday evening for the entire week of 2nd August to 7th August. (My daily commutes).

Would like to provide update At Walayar as on 2nd August 2021 morning around 7:15 AM, the queues were as long as the entire service road. The cars were being stopped for brief period and at least two cars were in front of me showing their mobile before moving ahead. Could have been either E pass or the vaccination certificate. (For sure did not look like RT PCR report, will check during the course of this week and update here). Two wheelers were not being flagged. So i assumed all cars were showing only E Pass as of now.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 01:04   #13480
BHPian

Can somebody please give an idea about the Cumbummettu ghat section and bodymettu ghat section? Which one is better road and which is scenic? I am travelling from Pala and I am bored of the Kumily route. Like to be prepared for any of these sections to explore. It will be day trip.
Old 4th August 2021, 08:27   #13481
BHPian

Update as on 4th August 2021.

Walayar:
Travel towards Kerala remains more or less the same. So no update on that part.

Travel towards Coimbatore has some changes in the last two days. The service road entrance has had deteriorating road condition for the past two weeks due to rain. Today they have dumped a load of mud in that area. So expect slushfest in the rains. Additionally, barriers have been set up and police are stationed on the highway diverting all the commercial vehicles towards the highway and all personal vehicles need to take the service road. (This causes more pain while rejoining the highway from the service road when you have two commercial vehicles occupying both lanes of the highway when you try to join) Upon inquiring to the cops there that i was a daily commuter and RT PCR was required. They asked if i had the Vaccine certificate. At the service road; near the shamiana, i was asked the E pass today. When i said i was daily commuter to office. I was told i could show the office ID and pass through. I did not repeat my question about RT PCR today. I Expect them to ask the RT PCR from tomorrow. I will keep this thread posted if i get a useful update.

Update as on today 5th August 2021.

7:15 AM. It was raining heavily the time of my crossing the border. Probably for this reason, the border was unmanned by cops. Only one news film crew and a cleaning staff at this time. So nobody to ask RT-PCR or E pass today. If i get a substantial update during my next commute. I will keep this thread updated with the latest information.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th August 2021 at 08:48. Reason: As requested
rohitoasis is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:32   #13482

I plan to travel to Palakkad on 9th Aug. I have completed both the doses of my vaccination. Can i get some responses for the below queries?
1)Last month there was notification from Kerala govt stating that those who have got both the doses of vaccine need not carry an RT-PCR certificate. Does this still hold true?
2)I have taken pass from Kerala jagratha portal. Can that be used to obtain Tamilnadu E-pass? I will NOT be staying in TN, just passing through
3)Last I travelled was in 2019 Dec. Are there any major changes between Hosur and Palakkad? I will be taking Hosur->Salem-Coimbatore
Old 7th August 2021, 08:21   #13483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorspf1212 View Post
I plan to travel to Palakkad on 9th Aug. I have completed both the doses of my vaccination. Can i get some responses for the below queries?
1)Last month there was notification from Kerala govt stating that those who have got both the doses of vaccine need not carry an RT-PCR certificate. Does this still hold true?
Wish there was a good answer for this, these rules change frequently and with no formal communications. As of now fully vaccinated people can cross over to Kerala without RT-PCR negative certificate.
Quote:
2)I have taken pass from Kerala jagratha portal. Can that be used to obtain Tamilnadu E-pass? I will NOT be staying in TN, just passing through
The TN e-Pass is automated and doesn't seem to verify the uploaded documents, but it is always better to cite the right reasons. I have used the Kerala pass a couple of times and there were no issues so far.

Personally I feel that the asking for reason is an administrative abuse, visiting one's parents/children/relatives is as good a reason as visiting a tourist destination - if not better. If you are a tourist you can upload a hotel booking, since parents or children don't maintain a booking facility that gives confirmation receipts, we have to use these short cuts
Quote:
3)Last I travelled was in 2019 Dec. Are there any major changes between Hosur and Palakkad? I will be taking Hosur->Salem-Coimbatore
Not sure when the L&T narrow lane adapted Fastag, but if that is past December 2019 then it is the only significant change. Other than that, there are a few small detours where flyover constructions happen, nothing more than 5 or 10 minutes in total on a good day
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 09:58   #13484
BHPian

I was trying to take ePasses for Kerala travel and the transit pass through TN. while I could register for next Saturday for the Kerala pass which I got immediately (I guess auto generated), the TN pass shows only 3 days ahead can be booked. So I guess I would wait till Thursday for the Saturday pass. I hope this is what everyone has seen.
Old 7th August 2021, 11:18   #13485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...the TN pass shows only 3 days ahead can be booked. So I guess I would wait till Thursday for the Saturday pass. I hope this is what everyone has seen.
Yes, it has been like that for some time. It doesn't open up way ahead for future days. They enable the dates for smaller duration and keeps exending. Check closer to the date of travel or even the previous day.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks