Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-890.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 5079509)
The TN epass is spot generated, you dont need to wait for the approval. Try uploading your Aadhaar card or any ID proof since it's a mandatory field. For Kerala, i believe RTPCR is still mandatory.

I did travel last year November using same portal. But this time, there is an additional mandatory field.Do we need medical emergency or death related document to be uploaded there, as the TN order about lock-down says only emergency medical and funeral attendance related travels are allowed for intrastate travels.

Please refer below screenshots:

Hi guys,

Is RTPCR negative still mandatory for entry into Kerala?
Planning to drive down from Andhra Pradesh to Kerala.

The point of entry into Kerala will be via Walayar checkpost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker (Post 5079535)
Do we need medical emergency or death related document to be uploaded there, as the TN order about lock-down says only emergency medical and funeral attendance related travels are allowed for intrastate travels.

Please refer below screenshots:

You can select the "Others" option too and enter the reason for travel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelBallack (Post 5079969)
Hi guys,

Is RTPCR negative still mandatory for entry into Kerala?
Planning to drive down from Andhra Pradesh to Kerala.

The point of entry into Kerala will be via Walayar checkpost.

Yes, you will still require an RTPCR -ve certificate.

I drove to Trivandrum today from Nagercoil, at KL border I was asked to register for the online pass before proceeding. Its just a registration like TN pass. Later I was stopped multiple times for checks till I reached the destination. Less checks during the return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 5080985)
I drove to Trivandrum today from Nagercoil, at KL border I was asked to register for the online pass before proceeding. Its just a registration like TN pass. Later I was stopped multiple times for checks till I reached the destination. Less checks during the return.

Did you need to have the RT-PCR -ve report? Also, whats the process for returning back to TN/KA in 1-2 days?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 5081301)
Did you need to have the RT-PCR -ve report? Also, whats the process for returning back to TN/KA in 1-2 days?

They didn't ask for RT-PCR -ve report. Process will be to get the e-pass registration. During return, TN police took the epass details at the border check-post.

Today my friend drove back from Kollam to Bangalore. He was having all the documents required, Kerala self declaration, Tamilnadu E-Pass, RT-PCR -ve report.
He drove via Coimbatore.
No serious checking all the way.
Somewhere between Coimbatore and Salem stopped for checking E-Pass and no checking at Attibele. He crossed Attibele around 4pm.

Planning to travel from Bangalore to TVM this weekend.
- Are border crossings allowed only during the daytime? TN pass says crossing open from 7AM to 7PM and KL pass has an entry timeslot - last slot is 4PM - 6PM. Any recent experience?
- I'm guessing RTPCR is optional? Is that right?

With the lock down lifted (partly) from midnight, are there any restrictions for inter-district travel within Kerala? Any pass needed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5083106)
With the lock down lifted (partly) from midnight, are there any restrictions for inter-district travel within Kerala? Any pass needed?

Nope, no restrictions on inter-district travel in Kerala from today midnight. However, Saturday/Sunday will be a complete lockdown!

Quote:

Originally Posted by logicalidiot (Post 5083171)
Nope, no restrictions on inter-district travel in Kerala from today midnight. However, Saturday/Sunday will be a complete lockdown!

Does that mean travel from out of state is not allowed as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by natrajdr (Post 5083188)
Does that mean travel from out of state is not allowed as well?

Sorry mate for the late response.

From what I know, as long as you have the state entry e-pass, out of state is not a problem!

Made the trip yesterday. Here was my experience.
- Tamil Nadu. Had got an epass under 'Others (Going out of TN by road only)'. There was a cursory checking at Hosur border - just a stop and a wave. No checking post that. In fact, there was a good level of traffic between Bangalore and Salem (more than I expected). Beyond Salem traffic was light.
- Kerala. Again, had an epass. Multiple check points between Kaliyikkavila and Thiruvananthapuram - counted at least 6. Some were a stop and wave - but some of them asked for the epass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by natrajdr (Post 5085131)
Made the trip yesterday. Here was my experience.
- Tamil Nadu. Had got an epass under 'Others (Going out of TN by road only)'. There was a cursory checking at Hosur border - just a stop and a wave. No checking post that. In fact, there was a good level of traffic between Bangalore and Salem (more than I expected). Beyond Salem traffic was light.
- Kerala. Again, had an epass. Multiple check points between Kaliyikkavila and Thiruvananthapuram - counted at least 6. Some were a stop and wave - but some of them asked for the epass.

Since you traveled yesterday, one quick question, what is the status of restaurants and washrooms? I mean are major restaurants like A2B, Star Biryani, etc., open? Also, since you didn’t mention about RT-PCR, I am assuming that nobody asked for it.

We are planning to travel this week. We don’t intend to buy food, but want to be sure that there are clean washrooms available.