Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-887.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 5048254)
What about travel to Kerala for 3-4 days? Is RTPCR report needed or have to be done in Kerala?

Short visit means any number for days less than 8. You need to either enter kerala with a report which is less than 2 days old or test on arrival in kerala. Till results come you are expected to be in quarantine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak916 (Post 5048464)
Short visit means any number for days less than 8. You need to either enter kerala with a report which is less than 2 days old or test on arrival in kerala. Till results come you are expected to be in quarantine.

A relative of mine crossed into Kerala on the 20th, the RT-PCR test was done in Chennai but results had not come yet, and she was asked to quarantine in Kerala until the results came. The checking is not very consistent but seems to be getting stricter by the day - we were not stopped when driving down last week but had to show the epass when driving back from Kerala to Tamil Nadu (Walayar).

Quote:

Originally Posted by stridergt (Post 5049940)
A relative of mine crossed into Kerala on the 20th, the RT-PCR test was done in Chennai but results had not come yet, and she was asked to quarantine in Kerala until the results came. The checking is not very consistent but seems to be getting stricter by the day - we were not stopped when driving down last week but had to show the epass when driving back from Kerala to Tamil Nadu (Walayar).

Did they ask for the Tamil Nadu epass or the Kerala one ?
I guess it was the Tamil Nadu pass since you were traveling to TN

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemlock (Post 5050297)
Did they ask for the Tamil Nadu epass or the Kerala one ?
I guess it was the Tamil Nadu pass since you were traveling to TN

Yes, the Tamil Nadu epass, they barely glanced at it and let us through. There was also a checkpost on the opposite side where it looked like the Kerala authorities were asking for the Kerala pass.

Just drove to Kerala from Chennai via Kumily Check-post. Cops tried to harass a bit saying why are you travelling today, as it is a lockdown!? I said I'm not aware of any lockdown in Kerala except night curfew, a constable pulls out a Malayala Manorama showing only essential services are allowed, you cannot go. I showed my e-pass politely and stood there until the SI took note. Asked several questions, name, where to, why this route, nature of work (started ridiculing when I mentioned "IT Company"rl:). They made me stand for around 10 Minutes, I stood my ground saying I got the epass issued on 23 April evening, until then I did not come across any news of lockdown in Kerala. Cops argued, don't you read newspaper, don't you have friends on whatsapp, and all such crap! They said the news is there in newspaper of 24th April, you IT fellows don't have time to read newspaper :mad:

I replied, I left Chennai at 4 a.m. on 24 April, the newspaper wasn't delivered until then and I've been driving non stop until the Kumily check-post. Their ego was satisfied, they checked my car's boot, took down my details and then let me go, phew!

Kerala side roads were deserted in most stretches, TN side was a breeze. Not much traffic on this check-post today.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 5050428)
Just drove to Kerala from Chennai via Kumily Check-post.

Spike

Hi Spike, Is the Gudalur – Lower camp – Kumily road open for traffic or we have to go via Cumbummettu – Puttady – Kumily road? thanks for your help

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo10 (Post 5050757)
Hi Spike, Is the Gudalur – Lower camp – Kumily road open for traffic or we have to go via Cumbummettu – Puttady – Kumily road? thanks for your help

I crossed Lower camp on my way to Kumily yesterday, didn't cross the other route.

Spike

Am planning to go to Kochi from Bengaluru on Saturday. Will be taking the RTPCR test in Bangalore and will be registering for KL and TN passes. Wondering if I should prepone to Friday as it is a weekend curfew?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranknair (Post 5050857)
Am planning to go to Kochi from Bengaluru on Saturday. Will be taking the RTPCR test in Bangalore and will be registering for KL and TN passes. Wondering if I should prepone to Friday as it is a weekend curfew?

do not be travelling on the road between 6pm on friday and 6am on monday ; anywhere in any state ; just for peace of mind. If your travel can be modified, that is. Remember, the process of opening the car windows or stepping out to "provide proof" or "give explanation" to the stopping police party, itself can act as a corona contracting event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranknair (Post 5050857)

Would be better off postponing it. Even I was planning to drive down from Bangalore to Alappuzha on Saturday, but now it may happen only on Monday. Also, RT-PCR results take 3-4 days in govt. centres and the private clinics too are taking more than 2 days.

I travelled with family to Kochi yesterday and passed Walayar by noon. The cops verified the epass printout and let us go. I did not even had to get out of the car. We did not have the RT-PCR results as we were going to be in 2 weeks quarantine. The results were not asked either. And no screening of any kind.

Earlier, at Zuzuwadi (7AM), I was asked to get down and show the TN transit pass. The chap at check post took note of the vehicle no, mobile no and destination. Kind of pointless IMO. Apart from that there were no checks/stoppages anywhere.

Traffic was very thin. The first traffic jam was at Edappally, near Lulu mall, as there was some drainage construction going on.

Any information on RT PCR home test in Bangalore - which one is good? Last year, they were many like Dr Path Labs, Apollo Pharmacy. Looks like some of them have stopped now and others are probably not responding.

Manipal hospitals does it. You should WhatsApp on this number -6364877683

Last time they came, they didn't take the throat swab. They said its giving lot of false positives, so they are only take the nasal ones.

You can also try RxDx , but i couldn't reach them though, last time. Manipal responded via this WhatsApp number, hence got it done through them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranknair (Post 5052182)
Any information on RT PCR home test in Bangalore - which one is good? Last year, they were many like Dr Path Labs, Apollo Pharmacy. Looks like some of them have stopped now and others are probably not responding.

I drove from EKM to.BLR today. Passed Walayar at around 8 AM. Cars were being stopped in the opposite direction (towards Kerala) for checking. There was no checking on my side, neither was there any checking for e-pass on the TN side.
No checks on the Hosur-Bangalore road either.

Drove from Bangalore to Kochi today. Started at 5.30 AM and reached 1.30 PM. Had printouts of TN and KL Passes. TN pass was checked at KL/TN border (Hosur - Zuzuvadi CheckPost). After that no checking in TN for us (some of the cars however were stopped near Krishnagiri (temporary check post I guess). KL Pass was checked in Walayar. At both places, we showed the passes from inside the car without stepping out. Relatively less traffic and the drive was ok. Restaurants were all open on the highways.