Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-829.html)

Traffic ban n Kuthiran today and tomorrow from 8 am to 5 pm. This is for cars and all other vehicles except route buses going from Trichur to Palakkad, they have to take alternate routes. There is no restriction on travelling from Palakkad to Trichur

I did a Coimbatore - Mattancherry (Kochi) trip on 25th early morning. Started from Coimbatore at 4.30a and reached Kochi at 8.45a with a 20 minutes break in between. Roads were OK, nothing much to complain but at some bridges at the entry and exit there are some bad undulations. One bridge which by passes Mannuthy Juntion has very bad entry point. It is almost like a hump and since I know this point I always slow down. But at night this might be tough to locate for unknown people.

Walayar Toll gate - Do not know why. Express lane was closed and was directed Fastag lane. The operator says move forward but how much ever I moved the scanner did not read my card. Required Manual scanning both up and down. I am really not sure where the scanner is placed. Not a good experience.
Paliyekara Toll gate - Did not face any issues here. The normal lanes meant for Fastag read the card easily and was out in 5 to 10 minutes both the ways. I saw the express lane had always issue here. Someone enters with no balance and creates block in this lane. So better to avoid the express lane.

Started from Thaneermukkom, Cherthala at 6pm on 26th Jan. Took 2 hours to reach Aroor due to human chain against CAA :deadhorse. Huge block on the thannermukkam - cherthala road.
Reached Coimbatore at 12.30am with a break of 15 minutes.
Kuthiran was normal, no major traffic block both the ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4739803)
Started from Thaneermukkom, Cherthala at 6pm on 26th Jan. Took 2 hours to reach Aroor due to human chain against CAA :deadhorse. Huge block on the thannermukkam - cherthala road.

It would have been a good alternative via Vaikom - Puthiyakavu (Tripunithura Market Road) - Karingachira - Kalamassery to join NH instead of taking NH from Thanneermukkom. Though a bit narrow between Vechur and Vaikom the surface is good throughout.

Guys I am in Trivandrum/Kovalam for the next 10 days (for work) and I want to do something relaxing and rejuvenating during the weekend, preferably this Saturday.

Can I have some suggestions as to where I can spend the day.

My preferences:

1. A drive of around 60-100KMs is fine. In fact the trip should consist of a drive.
2. A beach is also preferred. I checked out Varkala, but will it not be too hot during the day
3. I should be able to relax and read a book during the trip.

Please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 4741194)
Guys I am in Trivandrum/Kovalam for the next 10 days (for work) and I want to do something relaxing and rejuvenating during the weekend, preferably this Saturday.

Can I have some suggestions as to where I can spend the day.

My preferences:

1. A drive of around 60-100KMs is fine. In fact the trip should consist of a drive.
2. A beach is also preferred. I checked out Varkala, but will it not be too hot during the day
3. I should be able to relax and read a book during the trip.

Please help.

https://www.ktdc.com/golden-peak

High of 27, Low of 17. Beautiful drive.

The KTDC hotel as such is nothing much but is clean and comfortable :)

Saw this article today, has anyone faced any issues while travelling back from Kerala?

All Roads to Kerala-04cb3aeda15f4933aa2d7034fc7ac364.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4743300)
Saw this article today, has anyone faced any issues while travelling back from Kerala?

No checks during the past week anywhere on the highway until yesterday. Had crossed Walayar (both ways) a couple of times since the first Novel Corona Virus infection was confirmed by the Kerala Minister of Health.

Inter state movement to be monitored in India for an "epidemic" affecting 17k odd people in China. P

Remember those jokes about Soviet communists catching a cold and Indian comrades sneezing? Well, China has replaced USSR. Literally.

Read about similar measures at the Karnataka - Kerala border, but yet to hear firsthand from someone traveled on the route

Is there any traffic diversion planned in Kuthiran between 7th and 9th, especially for buses ?

From today's news, one tunnel at Kuthiran will be opened by next month end, keeping my fingers crossed, wonder will be if it really happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiny (Post 4746227)
Is there any traffic diversion planned in Kuthiran between 7th and 9th, especially for buses ?

Not that I am aware of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadadhar (Post 4744587)
Read about similar measures at the Karnataka - Kerala border, but yet to hear firsthand from someone traveled on the route

This week I did an overnight journey from Calicut to Bangalore via private bus, but we weren't stopped for any screening in the karnataka border.
But again there has been no additional case of coronavirus noted and state government declaring that it is no more a state calamity.Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMe (Post 4748072)
This week I did an overnight journey from Calicut to Bangalore via private bus, but we weren't stopped for any screening in the karnataka border.
But again there has been no additional case of coronavirus noted and state government declaring that it is no more a state calamity.Link

Thanks for sharing the update. I am waiting for first hand update from others who have travelled in private cars this weekend. Have a trip coming up next week, so need to take a call based on the current situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4748240)
Thanks for sharing the update. I am waiting for first hand update from others who have travelled in private cars this weekend. Have a trip coming up next week, so need to take a call based on the current situation.

My sister n family drove down last week from Blore to Cochin and reached back today. No checking on both occasions. Also, Kuthiran was smooth with no traffic. Even the L&T bypass was pretty well laid out now (was pretty bumpy last time I drove). Also, Fastag lane was slow along L&T. Overall, a pretty relaxing drive.