Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2019, 12:31   #12316
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Is fastag implemented at l&t coimbatore bypass toll booth ?
Old 15th December 2019, 12:45   #12317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Is fastag implemented at l&t coimbatore bypass toll booth ?
Coimbatore Bypass is not under NHAI, hence Fastag will not work there. L&T will manage the road till 2029, only after the period ends, widening can be done too.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:09   #12318
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Coimbatore Bypass is not under NHAI, hence Fastag will not work there. L&T will manage the road till 2029, only after the period ends, widening can be done too.
Talk about a scam, this is the kind of racket that should have been shut down ages ago. What kind of idiotic government allows a private company to create a bottleneck for 3 decades? This road is pathetic and I'm glad I don't have to use it anymore..
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:18   #12319
Senior - BHPian

Fastag deadline has been extended to Jan 15th.

Coimbatore L&T is also due to get the Fastag shortly according to personnel who operate the tolls.
Old 16th December 2019, 08:26   #12320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Coimbatore L&T is also due to get the Fastag shortly according to personnel who operate the tolls.
Looks like another loot avenue in the making. These guys are nothing short of thugs. The worst lot I have come across any toll so far.
Old 16th December 2019, 09:17   #12321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Talk about a scam, this is the kind of racket that should have been shut down ages ago. What kind of idiotic government allows a private company to create a bottleneck for 3 decades? This road is pathetic and I'm glad I don't have to use it anymore..
Probably the L&T bypass was a little ahead of its time for the region. I remember riding on it multiple times in the initial years-early 2000's and thinking -'Wow what a road', mainly because it was way superior to all surrounding roads at the time.

Over the last maybe 15 years, NHAI has been able to transform all the main highways surrounding the L&T bypass and has resulted in this becoming an eyesore and a bottleneck.

But yes, surprising that there were no clauses built in to ensure that the road would be upgraded in keeping with the standards of the times. Other than collecting toll- L&T have pretty much done nothing on the road.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 09:27   #12322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Fastag deadline has been extended to Jan 15th.
Just to clarify, till Jan 15th, 25% of lanes to be hybrid (cash+Fastag), and 75% to be exclusive Fastag.
Old 16th December 2019, 10:05   #12323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Probably the L&T bypass was a little ahead of its time for the region. I remember riding on it multiple times in the initial years-early 2000's and thinking -'Wow what a road', mainly because it was way superior to all surrounding roads at the time.

Over the last maybe 15 years, NHAI has been able to transform all the main highways surrounding the L&T bypass and has resulted in this becoming an eyesore and a bottleneck.

But yes, surprising that there were no clauses built in to ensure that the road would be upgraded in keeping with the standards of the times. Other than collecting toll- L&T have pretty much done nothing on the road.
Completely agree with you on this.L&T stretch was the highlight of driving from Bangalore to Kerala 15 -20 years back. Straight road , beautiful surface relaxing drive.

But over the last few years traffic has increased drastically and they haven't upgraded the roads accordingly , neither has the toll counters been increased.
JoeMichael is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 10:22   #12324
Distinguished - BHPian

For people asking for the paliyekkara toll situation - Had passed yesterday morning. The crowd was pretty ok. Unfortunately, I missed the Fastag lane but since all lanes now accepted digital payments, it was ok. But seriously, the implementation is a joke. No automatic scan, and the dude with the manual scanner was happily sitting there minding his own business. To add to the delay, after the manual scan, the dude was typing something on the scanner (usually it's just a scan). I didn't wait for their confirmation, just drove off!

EDIT:- Checked my account and they haven't deducted it. Guess the scan wasn't properly done and he was resetting it when I drove off :-)

Last edited by naveen.raju : 16th December 2019 at 10:40.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:11   #12325
BHPian

https://maps.app.goo.gl/h5q6ZBc8hm1L9yYv9
This is a Reliance petrol pump after Krishnagiri towards Bangalore.

Last month, on my way to Bangalore, seeing the Reliance brand, I entered for filling Diesel. The staff are cheaters. They do not reset the meter to zero. One guy distracts your attention by telling that they have toilets, digital payments, etc and another starts filling up. Luckily I was looking at the meter. The attender started at Rs.110 and not at Zero! I told him to stop, by then he had filled around Rs.90 worth Diesel. I told him to reset everything. My first thought was to go away but then really needed fuel before entering Bangalore, so told him to fill for Rs.410 and went off.

This usually happens in PSU pumps, never expected this in Reliance. Avoid the pump at all costs!

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 16th December 2019 at 11:14.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:16   #12326
BHPian

Why does Google maps not show the NH route via Salem? Instead shows the diversion from Omalur when heading towards Kerala.
Old 16th December 2019, 14:24   #12327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Why does Google maps not show the NH route via Salem? Instead shows the diversion from Omalur when heading towards Kerala.
Omalur -Tharamangalam route is a very good 2 lane road. By taking this route there is no need for you to enter Salem. Plus you get to avoid 2 toll plazas at Omalur and Sankagiri.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 15:01   #12328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
When I did this route first week of November , Google was indeed showing this diversion , apparently there is some maintenance work going on for couple of fly overs and there are diversions through service roads

Google is picking the Omalur route as fastest I presume. I took the NH on return didn't find much trouble
Old 16th December 2019, 15:35   #12329
BHPian

Quote:

Last month, on my way to Bangalore, seeing the Reliance brand, I entered for filling Diesel. The staff are cheaters. They do not reset the meter to zero. One guy distracts your attention by telling that they have toilets, digital payments, etc and another starts filling up.
Please raise a complaint to reliance. I do not know whether they will take corrective action or not, but lets do our part and hope they do theirs.
https://www.reliancepetroleum.com/customerFeedback
Holyghost is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 09:17   #12330
BHPian

In my experience Reliance is too quick in taking action. I have registered complaint against a pump who declined credit card payment in Kerala. Within 48 hours of registering complaint i received the call from customer support of reliance and they had a conference call with pump owner and regional responsible of Reliance. Later I been told they took action against employee for not informing the management about faulty device.

During the call RIL clearly warned and reminded the pump owner about the agreements.

Request not to spare these people , register the complaint - https://www.reliancepetroleum.com/serviceGuidebook
https://www.reliancepetroleum.com/customerFeedback

Quote:

Last month, on my way to Bangalore, seeing the Reliance brand, I entered for filling Diesel. The staff are cheaters. They do not reset the meter to zero. One guy distracts your attention by telling that they have toilets, digital payments, etc and another starts filling up. Luckily I was looking at the meter. The attender started at Rs.110 and not at Zero! I told him to stop, by then he had filled around Rs.90 worth Diesel. I told him to reset everything. My first thought was to go away but then really needed fuel before entering Bangalore, so told him to fill for Rs.410 and went off.

This usually happens in PSU pumps, never expected this in Reliance. Avoid the pump at all costs!

Last edited by svkndv : 18th December 2019 at 09:18.
svkndv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks