Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-812.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss (Post 4648355)
The shortest option is turn right at Alathur and come via Pazhayannur, Chelakkara, Mullurkara, Wadakkancherry and Thrissur. It is 25 kms longer, approx.

Driven from Cochin to Palghat and back yesterday. The Kuthiran route is better when compared to 6 months ago. The 2.5 KMS stretch will test your patience though!

Yesterday drove through Kuthiran and most of the potholes have been filled, except for some, which was not an issue. So all in all, the drive was a breeze.

We are planning a trip to pollachi from Calicut. How is the road towards Palghat and from there to Pollachi?

Driven Kochi to Palakkad yesterday night. Slight block at Chalakudy. Kuthiran will test your patience. Took Nealy 45mins to cover it. Roads are not that bad. Police is giving clear instruction to maintain single lane. Issue is senseless drivers who are over smart try to overtake and violate lane discipline. Don't overtake at Kuthiran stretch. That's the simple rule everyone needs to follow there.

I traveled on 7th to Attingal from Bengaluru through Salem, Madurai, Nagercoil, Marthandam, Trivandrum to Attingal. The reason for such a long trip was to avoid the Thenmala stretch through which I cut normally but was skeptical as last Onam trip was horrible due to the floods. The roads dont get fix like the NH. The Nagercoil stretch was bad as stuck in one place for 90 minutes as there was an accident. I had to take then come back take a route through Kanyakumari then Poovar - Kovalam to hit Trivandrum. The roads and traffic are horrible as there are many road widening so expect bad traffic and long holds

Forgot to mention. We had done a round trip - Palakkad - Kaipamangalam - Manjeri - Palakkad during the fourth weekend of August.

Did not take a chance to drive through Kuthiran after Google threw a 10 minute block that day morn so we went through Wadakkanchery. That was okay but the Kaipamangalam - Ponnani stretch was in an awful state with potholes all over. :(

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_201909081936172.png

304 km, 9.5 hours drive time. We were basically finished by the time we reached home. When will we get a decent 4-laned stretch man? I miss the roads in Gujarat. :'(

Can someone update the road conditions from Calicut to Mysore via Sultan Bathery?

Hi Friends,

I am planning to reach Udupi from Pollachi/Cbe. How is the coastal road NH66?
I will enter Palakkad and touch Malappuram to hit the coastal belt.

The other route CBE-Mysuru-Madikeri-Suliya-Mangalore seems to be blocked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightrider_7 (Post 4653946)
Calicut to Mysore via Sultan Bathery?

A friend of mine did it last month after the flood's. No issues.

My neighbours son in law drove over to Bangalore during Onam. The exhaust systems of his Skoda Octavia got dislodged while driving through Kutheran

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 4654649)
Hi Friends,

I am planning to reach Udupi from Pollachi/Cbe. How is the coastal road NH66?
I will enter Palakkad and touch Malappuram to hit the coastal belt.

The other route CBE-Mysuru-Madikeri-Suliya-Mangalore seems to be blocked.

You can divert from mundur after palakkad and reach Perinthalmanna through cherpulasserry. Mannarkkad route is will be congested. Once you past that roads are almost good till you reach Calicut.
How is the route from Pollachi to palakkad?

Pollachi to palakkad is good via Gopalapuram.
I have not been to NH 66 in the past 10 years . How is the traffic and I heard Calicut has byepass and what about Kasargod/ Maahe
Any idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragntailonfire (Post 4634829)
How about something to the South?

I am hearing from my parents that there is rains in Trivandrum too, however it is not as intense as in Kochi, I believe.

Maybe try Ponmudi.

Needless to say, but do check the situation where you are going.

There are not much rains as have been here since 7th as its sunny with just light showers today in time for Onam to play spoilsport. The climate is hot and be ready for the humidity that makes you sweat like anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 4656153)
I have not been to NH 66 in the past 10 years . How is the traffic and I heard Calicut has byepass and what about Kasargod/ Maahe
Any idea?

Traffic will be bad and will test your patience for sure. Narrow single lane roads with full slow moving trucks and dangerously driven private buses. Yes, Calicut has bypass and you will reach Ramanattukara, the beginning of bypass. No idea bout Mahe bypass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss (Post 4656394)
No idea bout Mahe bypass.

Under construction. Activity paused due to monsoon. Could take another couple of years under normal circumstances.

Last known update (in Malayalam): https://www.mathrubhumi.com/print-ed...icle-1.3864670