Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-78.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1796007)
See the toll fare in my other post here;

6:30 hrs from Kochi to Krishnagiri??? IMHO, you may want to recheck your plan; I'm not saying its not doable, but feel it should take more time under good driving speeds.

Regarding Krishnagiri-Vellore distance you've the answer from ampere.

I'm doing Bangalore-Kochi frequently for the last 7-8 years. It was about 9 hrs when the highway was not in shape but with recent road conditions and with an off peak hour start, you can do Bangalore(Silkboard)-Kochi/Kochi-Bangalore in 8hrs without risking anyone.
I assumed about 1.30 hrs for Bangalore-Krishnagiri thats how this 6.30hrs came in!!

Krishnagiri to Poonamallee (Chennai outskirts) can be comfortably done in about three and fifteen minutes add another hour to reach Mount Road from Poonamallee since you would be doing that stretch during afternoon time.

In the middle of the night I have done A2B (Krishnagiri) to Koyambedu in about 3 hours which was certainly crazy driving in my opinion. But I have done Padi - Krishnagiri umpteen number of times in three and a half hours with a sedate driving of around 90 kmph. So if you plan to reach Krishnagiri around 10.30 you should be able to reach Mount Road around 2:30 / 3:00 PM

@coolclouds - sorry that I couldn't get my toll fare to show you some good solid timing, I think I've lost them; Ok, keep aside some time for food breaks too, hope you're travelling with your family, have a safe trip & welcome to Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1796537)
Both my journeys were along the same route. When returning, i had stayed over at my relative's place in Kumily, and so started the journey from Kumily at 0530 hours, and reached Electronics City phase 2 at 1430 hours. This ofcourse included 2 food breaks, one photography break and and one tea break. I usually stick to the 100-110 kmph mark. :)

Thanks. That means approximately 12 hours for the trip from Bangalore to Kottayam with a couple of stops of half hour each. Doesn't seem to be different from the regular route through NH47.

Planning to take this route to Bangalore on 26th early morning,

Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-
Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Any input guys?? any suggestions? any other route other than CBE-Salem route?

Just trying to avoid CBE-Salem-Krishnagiri route and find a new route to Bangalore, all suggestions are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikant (Post 1799272)

Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-
Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Just trying to avoid CBE-Salem-Krishnagiri route and find a new route to Bangalore, all suggestions are welcome.

Try Kunnamkulam-pattambi-Perinthalmanna that will be shorter than edapal-valanchery.

Quote:

I guess the shorter option is Kunnankulam - Pattambi-Perinthalmanna-Melatoor-Nilambur......

Any reason why not this route? I did it once. Not sure if you are talking about the same route?

Quote:

Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Route via Edappal would be circuitous when compared to Pattambi-Perinthalmanna.

Another alternate route is via CBE-Sathyamangalam. See HVK Sir's post here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 1797877)
That means approximately 12 hours for the trip from Bangalore to Kottayam with a couple of stops of half hour each. Doesn't seem to be different from the regular route through NH47.

If start is in early morning from Bangalore, Dindigul can be reached in 5 hours at speeds of 100-110 KMPH.

I had started from BLR at 4AM and reached MDU bypass in 5:30 hours of driving time.

Here look at the BLR Guruvayur route thread. Pretty much the same conclusions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-required.html

My updates are captured as well. Went through this stretch in Dec 09.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i.1979 (Post 1799391)
Try Kunnamkulam-pattambi-Perinthalmanna that will be shorter than edapal-valanchery.

Any info on the road condition this way??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1799411)
I guess the shorter option is Kunnankulam - Pattambi-Perinthalmanna-Melatoor-Nilambur......

Any reason why not this route? I did it once. Not sure if you are talking about the same route?

I have never done any of these routes . . got this info from a friend. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1799490)
Route via Edappal would be circuitous when compared to Pattambi-Perinthalmanna.

Another alternate route is via CBE-Sathyamangalam. See HVK Sir's post here.

If start is in early morning from Bangalore, Dindigul can be reached in 5 hours at speeds of 100-110 KMPH.

I had started from BLR at 4AM and reached MDU bypass in 5:30 hours of driving time.

I am planning to leave at 4am from Kunnamkulam . . how are the road conditions via satyamangalam? and how is the route . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1800071)
Here look at the BLR Guruvayur route thread. Pretty much the same conclusions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-required.html

My updates are captured as well. Went through this stretch in Dec 09.

will check that now . .

Quote:

Yet another option is Perinthalmanna-Manjeri-Areekode-Thamarassery-Sultan Bathery-Muthanga-Gundlupet-Mysore-BLR.

Definitely is not the shortest route though.

Manjeri till Areekode is decent roads. I had taken this route earlier till Kozhikode. I am not very sure of Areekode-Thamarassery though.

Muthanga check post timings are 5:30 AM to 9PM.

Does anyone know the current condition of the road from bandipur till Nilambur ?. The last I heard was about the repair work happening

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujai (Post 1801984)
Does anyone know the current condition of the road from bandipur till Nilambur ?. The last I heard was about the repair work happening

I went through it 3 months back. It was very nice but for a small at the Nadugani Ghat section between Gudalur and Nilambur. Apart from that it was beauty with twisty roads and quite comfortable to drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1800169)
Yet another option is Perinthalmanna-Manjeri-Areekode-Thamarassery-Sultan Bathery-Muthanga-Gundlupet-Mysore-BLR.

Definitely is not the shortest route though.

Manjeri till Areekode is decent roads. I had taken this route earlier till Kozhikode. I am not very sure of Areekode-Thamarassery though.

Muthanga check post timings are 5:30 AM to 9PM.

Thanks, but i have already tried that route . . want a change . . atlast decided the route to

Kechery-KunnamKulam-Pattambi-Cherplaserry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Pandikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-Vazikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Ramanagara-Bidadi-Bangalore

will update on the road condition once i am back by 5th April .

thanks for the input guys. .

Daytime travel through any of these routes will have lots of Autos/2wheeler traffic and congested small towns. Better during early morning / night