Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 17:15   #9826
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks pramodpk. So, via Kalpetta means, I think Route 1 is better.
Route 1 you have opted Wayanad as a way point. Instead of that opt Kalpetta as the way point. A little detour will be avoided.

Bangalore > Mysore > Sultan Bathery > Kalpetta > Kozhikode...
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 17:44   #9827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Has anyone done Mysore - Wayanad - Guruvayur - Cochin - Trivandrum recently? If so, how is the route condition and how much time does it take? Google Map says 14 hours. I may take this route to avoid TN route due to the current issues.
Consider 4-4.5 hours for Mysore - Calicut (good roads), 4-5 hours for Calicut - Cochin (again good roads). You recently travelled the Last leg.

Traveltime during day time can be significantly high. Recently someone reported 10 hours for TVM to cochin airport in this thread, so plan night travel if you are comfortable with that.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:22   #9828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Route 1 you have opted Wayanad as a way point. Instead of that opt Kalpetta as the way point. A little detour will be avoided.

Bangalore > Mysore > Sultan Bathery > Kalpetta > Kozhikode...
Yes, Initially I selected Wayanad instead of Kalpetta, will correct that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Consider 4-4.5 hours for Mysore - Calicut (good roads), 4-5 hours for Calicut - Cochin (again good roads). You recently travelled the Last leg.

Traveltime during day time can be significantly high. Recently someone reported 10 hours for TVM to cochin airport in this thread, so plan night travel if you are comfortable with that.
Yes, last May I took Cochin - Trivandrum route which was during early morning and hence I was able to do it in less than 4 hours. But this time If I take this KL route then I will have to do that stretch during the evening hours as the plan is to start from Mysore around 6:00 AM.
Old 26th September 2016, 18:50   #9829
BHPian

ATTIBELE update:
Today morning i saw more police force than last friday in both the sides(also in KA side, additionally blue uniformed force as well). So i thought some new information they may have and while returning evening i had to suffer as my car is KA registered. But surprisingly in evening, very less police both the sides and no one stopped me or any other KA vehicle. Till last week they were allowing only after showing Hosur address proof. So looks like normalcy is getting back, hope tomorrow hearing will not cause any more issues
smnrock is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:34   #9830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
ATTIBELE update:
Today morning i saw more police force than last friday in both the sides(also in KA side, additionally blue uniformed force as well). So i thought some new information they may have and while returning evening i had to suffer as my car is KA registered. But surprisingly in evening, very less police both the sides and no one stopped me or any other KA vehicle.
The blue uniformed police is the Rapid Action Force (RAF). They have been camping in the city for quite some time. BTW, Cr.PC 144 based restrictions have also been lifted from Bangalore. Today's extra bandobust may be because of Karnataka has filed an appeal in the Supreme Court and may have been expecting a verdict today itself. I feel the case has been adjourned.
Old 27th September 2016, 19:04   #9831
BHPian

Has anyone driven a KL registered vehicle through the usual walayar salem attibele route? Do any of the state police stop KL vehicles? I am planning to drive from cochin to bangalore this weekend,Any tips would be appreciated
Old 27th September 2016, 19:08   #9832
BHPian

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to central Kerala over the next weekend. Would anyone have info on the chances of being allowed by police through Tamilnadu (Salem - Coimbatore route)? I have a KA registered vehicle. If someone can confirm that police would allow us to proceed at Attibele, I am planning to start sometime past midnight so that I will be able to reach Kerala border before sunrise.

Last edited by MinivanDriver : 27th September 2016 at 19:20.
Old 27th September 2016, 20:33   #9833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I am planning to drive from Bangalore to central Kerala over the next weekend.
The Supreme court has again given Verdict today that Karnataka release water to TN. Wait for KA action tomorrow and then decide. If KA again defy SC order, then there might be repercussions in TN. Do wait and decide.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 21:54   #9834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I am planning to drive from Bangalore to central Kerala over the next weekend.
Next week end is again around three days away. So please watch for the latest news updates etc. Secondly, if you are from central Kerala, you could also take the Kanakapura->Chamrajanagar->Gundlupet if there are L&O problems in Tamil Nadu. Leave early, and buffer some extra time but you should be able to make it. Also note, that the forest roads get closed in the night.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 00:06   #9835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
you could also take the Kanakapura->Chamrajanagar->Gundlupet if there are L&O problems in Tamil Nadu.
With the current road conditions, I think Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore Ring Road-Nanjangud-Gundlupet would be faster. I found the Chamarajnagar-Gundlupet section to be a pain to drive when I went that way on Saturday - too much of partially completed roadwork, road widening in progress etc, took me 45 to 50 minutes to cover that 33 kms.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 19:54   #9836
BHPian

Situation again gone back to bad at attibele border :(. TN police strictly not allowing any KA vehicles today, even after showing Hosur address proof. Had no option other than taking U-turn, then parked on the side. Was talking to senior cop for about 5 minutes, that they were allowing the local people by checking address proof till Monday and now what happened? He said, from yesterday they got very strict order to not allow any KA vehicles. He suggested me to take alternate route via right side of attibele and that would add just another 3 Kms extra. Then i started to walk towards my car, he called me and said go ahead by taking U-turn Thanked him and took U turn near the arch again and came home.
smnrock is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 23:02   #9837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Situation again gone back to bad at attibele border
What is the status at the other borders, does anyone know? I have a meeting in Chennai during the weekend. Is the crossing painless via Sarjapur-Bagalur or Attibele-Hosur (via TVS)? Or even NH4 through Chittoor? I drive a TN car but push comes to shove can borrow the wife's MH one or even skip out of the meeting.
Old 29th September 2016, 10:56   #9838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
... I drive a TN car but push comes to shove can borrow the wife's MH one or even skip out of the meeting.
I am digressing a bit here, apologies. Is it safe to drive a TN reg car in Bangalore?
Old 29th September 2016, 11:01   #9839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
I am digressing a bit here, apologies. Is it safe to drive a TN reg car in Bangalore?
I think it is better to keep your TN reg car safely parked for the time being. To be honest, during my trips to office and back I do not see much TN registered vehicles on the road. And for the last week I also noticed that my travel time has reduced from 1 Hr 40 Mins to around 1 Hr 15 mins. May be because of lesser number of vehicles on the road. I do see that TN registered trucks are 99% off the roads.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 11:19   #9840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What is the status at the other borders, does anyone know? I have a meeting in Chennai during the weekend. Is the crossing painless via Sarjapur-Bagalur or Attibele-Hosur (via TVS)? Or even NH4 through Chittoor? I drive a TN car but push comes to shove can borrow the wife's MH one or even skip out of the meeting.
You wont have any issues while going towards Chennai, but while returning, definitely TN police wont allow even in TVS side. Though Ballur road(next to TN check post in the service road) is an option, but i'm not sure how long they will allow there. Weekend i've been to Swamy nursery in Attibele/Royakottah road(near TVS), during return i faced issues at TVS checkpost. Had to comeback through the ballur road.

Since you have MH registered car option, its best bet now without any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks